Sign in to follow this  
HTM

How much do police officers earn (PNP)

HTM

The equivalent ranks in the Army and Marines are included for comparison.

post-2957-0-98412100-1459866244_thumb.jpg

Here's a guide on the Ranks of both Officers & Enlisted personnel of the PNP

post-2957-0-21958200-1459866449_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

TheWhiteKnight

I hope that's per month :)

smokey

That doesn't count tips...  :wink:  :wink:

once i parked in what i thought was the civilian parking lot at the police headquarters only to be told it was parking for police personal only lots of nice SUV the other parking lot was full of old taxi units , a few jeeps,, lots of eco cars.. 

• Like 2

Lost

So the highest ranking police generals earn the same as a fast food worker in the US... no wonder the RP is such a mess. 

• Like 1

Davaoeno

So the highest ranking police generals earn the same as a fast food worker in the US... no wonder the RP is such a mess. 

I agree totally .  Many of the problems in the Philippines would be solved if they only paid workers here the same rate as in the US .   Joli-bee workers should get the same minimum wage as in Seattle - $15 an hour . 

• Like 5

Johnny S

Isn't the US currently a mess also? Wages equate somewhat to the cost of living in most countries.

Lost

Isn't the US currently a mess also? Wages equate somewhat to the cost of living in most countries.

I would expect someone living in a third world country to have some perspective on the word "mess." There are few billion people out there who would do just about anything to have a shot at the American "mess."

I did a quick search, the commissioner of the NYPD makes about $200k a year, close to 800,000 pesos per month. That's over 10x more than the head of the PNP, the cost of living in the RP isn't 1/10 of the USA. With these wages there is no possible way to avoid corruption.

rep1

Ours are similar. People in some countries have the funny idea that government officials should work for free, and they get what they pay for.

cost of beef steak is a fraction of ours.

cost of milk too.

and cost of branded clothes such as Hugo Boss - half the price!

and cost of houses - that is the cost of living unless you live on street.

Jawny

Ours are similar. People in some countries have the funny idea that government officials should work for free, and they get what they pay for.cost of beef steak is a fraction of ours.cost of milk too.and cost of branded clothes such as Hugo Boss - half the price!and cost of houses - that is the cost of living unless you live on street.

Who is "ours?"

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

I would expect someone living in a third world country to have some perspective on the word "mess." There are few billion people out there who would do just about anything to have a shot at the American "mess."

I did a quick search, the commissioner of the NYPD makes about $200k a year, close to 800,000 pesos per month. That's over 10x more than the head of the PNP, the cost of living in the RP isn't 1/10 of the USA. With these wages there is no possible way to avoid corruption.

Yeah I was thinking most the reason we "generally" follow traffic laws in the US, isn't because were some superior disciplined people. It's more that the average person can't afford to bribe their way out of a ticket. Becomes cost prohibitive.

RogerDuMond

Wages equate somewhat to the cost of living in most countries.

Damn, and I thought that they were based on skills, experience, market factors, and merit.

• Like 1

Johnny S

Ours are similar. People in some countries have the funny idea that government officials should work for free, and they get what they pay for.

cost of beef steak is a fraction of ours.

cost of milk too.

and cost of branded clothes such as Hugo Boss - half the price!

and cost of houses - that is the cost of living unless you live on street.

Who is ours? :idontknow:

Johnny S

And I am sure there are a few billion people out there that would not want to inherit the US national debt per capita of around $58000 and rising.....

Headshot

Harry, how old is this chart?

We have some friends (a couple) where the wife is a public school teacher and the husband is a PNP officer. The wife is making about 24,000 pesos per month, and I know the husband is making more than that (but I don't know how much more). He is a PO2 or PO3. If the chart isn't dated, then maybe there is other pay beyond the base pay (as you almost always find in the military). Additional pay (such as hazardous duty pay) wouldn't be listed on the base pay chart.

Edited by Headshot