Sign in to follow this  
Paul

URGENT: A- (Rh Negative) Blood Needed

Jawny

I know that as soon as I stepped off the jet in Manila, the American Red Cross said I could not donate for twelve months after I returned to the states..

The blood is needed here, in the Philippines. The requirements to be eligible here are not the same as in the USA. The one year restriction was most likely applied to you since you returned from a malarial region.

The Red Cross will apply restrictions which some hospitals may disregard, such as age restrictions. This means it is worth it to ask if the hospital will accept blood donations from older donors.

• Like 2

GwapoGuy

Bad timing! Gosh I would have gladly donated but I'm out of the country since last Wednesday. Maybe next time I'm in town, I can donate some to set aside!

Enuff

Coming in April 21st, I assume that is too late. 

Don't forget the Charity Bash on 4/24 in Cebu

Alfred E. Neuman

Last time I donated, I simply told them I have no medical issues, no medication, alcohol free, no allegies, no tattoo, so blood accepted.

• Like 1

Jawny

Last time I donated, I simply told them I have no medical issues, no medication, alcohol free, no allegies, no tattoo, so blood accepted.

There is a risk to doing it this way, though I understand the positive attitude. For example, if platelets are to be obtained, blood thinners such as aspirin should be cleared from the donor's system. If this is not done, the platelet donation is of little use.

Some other conditions such as high blood pressure are bullshit. If a donor has high blood pressure, it is no reason to NOT donate, but a small (very) risk to the donor.

Frankly, the Red Cross is the worst with a very bureaucratic set of guidelines. Unfortunately, the Red Cross is the most economical for many, so that's where people go to donate.

jtmwatchbiz

I agree,just another reason to consider attending the LinC Sick Children's Fund Charity Bash on Sunday 4/24

You have a chance to assist in saving a child's life, having a great time and possibly meet the member who can save your life!

yes the 24th is fast approaching so please contact bigmook (greg) or myself (handsome stud) and we will put you on the guest list.  of course you can always simply show up as the gates will be open and all are welcome!

• Like 1

Willyv2b

I'm A- blood type and can give blood but I'm in the States. I won't be returning to the Philippines until June or July. Sorry.

It's good to know that there are forums like this that reach out and help expats in need. I believe in Karma so I give when others are in need so that when I need it help comes my way.

• Like 1

Paul

A German national is very ill and in need of A Negative blood.

He is was admitted to South Gen Hospital in Naga City.

His name is Michael Maentele.

He has lived in Argao for 17 years.

He and his wife run a small sari sari store in Looc Argao

Please help. Contact 09231755689

Can someone give this guy a call please, and ask him if he is still in need?

fallonwm

As of 13 April, Mike has received two units of blood. He needs one more. He is at Chung Hua hospital now.

• Like 1

ROCO22

A German national is very ill and in need of A Negative blood.

He is was admitted to South Gen Hospital in Naga City.

His name is Michael Maentele.

He has lived in Argao for 17 years.

He and his wife run a small sari sari store in Looc Argao

Please help. Contact 09231755689

Does the donor have to be In Country?

Is it possible to donate to Red Cross in states and have them "work" an arrangement?

My old dog tags show I am A- and I am willing to do what I can...ROCO22

Headshot

Does the donor have to be In Country?

Is it possible to donate to Red Cross in states and have them "work" an arrangement?

My old dog tags show I am A- and I am willing to do what I can...ROCO22

I seriously doubt that would work. They would still have to find a donor here on Cebu to "work an arrangement." He needs blood, not a credit. Thanks for offering though.

Half Baked

If potential donors go to the hospital,DO NOT tell them you have consumed beer within 24 hours, during the "interview" process. They will make you wait 24 hours to donate. If you HAVE to admit drinking recently, tell them it was red wine (they are fine with that ?:/)

fallonwm

Just saw Mike and his wife Hayden at cebu docs hospital. He is responding well to the cancer treatments. But is in need of only one unit of blood for the doctors to do the operation. Thanks to those of you who donated already. Is there one person with this blood type willing to donate? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

reich31e

Just saw Mike and his wife Hayden at cebu docs hospital. He is responding well to the cancer treatments. But is in need of only one unit of blood for the doctors to do the operation. Thanks to those of you who donated already. Is there one person with this blood type willing to donate? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

I have A-....I know Michael, just hear about the bad News coz I live now in Dumaguete. I have High Blood and I'm under Medication. 

Just contacted (Please help. Contact 09231755689} and ask to consult the Doc if I can Donate. I'm also 60 Years old, don't know about the Age Limit.

Derick

Nice to see you guys care, will try and arrange to donate blood when i am in country have been doing so here on and off for 30 years.

Had a sister die at 14 from leukemia so i put aside my squirmish taughts and stepped up, glad i did.

Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person  the gift of life. A decision to donate your blood can save a life.