Sign in to follow this  
KeithAngel

Lodging Review Diplomat Hotel

KeithAngel

I have mentioned the Diplomat in other threads but thought I would put it here where its easy to find,

I stayed there from 27th Sep-13th Oct 2008 and this is my report

I rented a Deluxe room in the old wing 304 for the promo price (still available today) 1360peso

The room was large 39sq mt or so hot and cold, room safe cable fridge air con that could be left on whilst you were out I kept my key with me.

The room was clean but not high end fittings telephone free for local calls, room service, food in the place was ok but lots of choices around within walking distance,of Robinsons Mall and Casa Verde Restaurant very safe I never felt I couldn't leave things around when I was out

Efficient house keeping two beds 1 large 1 small foam mattresses not the best but I slept on you could check out their New Wing it was same price but smaller and newer

On the annoyance side their internet is 80peso an hour and you can pick up their wifi in the room but there is an open signal that can be had if your lucky from across the road

My only complaint was when I ordered Yellow Cab pizza they made me come to the desk to collect it, the bill was right oh and I took my laundry across the road much cheaper unless you want your pants dry cleaned 60 peso in house

All in all very good location and the best of about 6 i looked at

Edited by Keith Angel

Paul

I did a review of the Diplomat a while back too. It is here: Diplomat Hotel Review - By Paul

KeithAngel

Much more pictorial Paul I did search but didnt find your review in that price range its the standard for me didnt find better for the rate and I sure looked