How to send a letter back to Germany from the post office

Hi!

My parents have sent me a package from Germany to cebu and there is also a letter from my german bank which I have to sign and send back.

The package is apparently in the post office (near the pier) here in cebu (I have received today a collection sparkle paper which was brought to my condiminium

I wonder now whats my best option to send the signed letter back?

LBC or can I do this directly at the mentioned post office or you recommend something totally else?

Regards,

Haxton

RogerDuMond

If it is important, don't trust the post office. If it gets there, it could take two or three weeks where LBC will be around 3 or 4 days. LBC will cost you more though.

• Like 1
to_dave007

Another option, likely the most expensive and most reliable, is to use DHL courier.  They have an outlet in SM city (I think I saw it downstairs near food court now.. it was located upstairs before).

I've mailed a few things back to Canada via PhilPost.  When I do it I always mail it directly at the main post office beside the old Fort. It always arrives.  Nothing has ever gone missing.  Takes a couple weeks to get delivered.  I would not trust post office for something of financial importance.

Edited by to_dave007

had bad experience with DHL. They couldn't find our address and then just gave up until I saw the progress update on tracking site and called them back.

Fed or UPS was fine.

• Like 1

If it's not super urgent I could take it back to the UK and post it from there, infact coming back via Munich if there is a postbox in the airport? Leaving May 5th.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

If it is important, don't trust the post office.

What he said!

Peter C

I always use EMS for sending my documents to Germany, that is the express service of PhilPost. it takes two or three days longer than DHL, but it is half price only.

generally the mail arrived in a week.

http://www.ems.post/operators/philippines

Edited by Peter C

I always use EMS for sending my documents to Germany, that is the express service of PhilPost. it takes two or three days longer than DHL, but it is half price only.

generally the mail arrived in a week.

http://www.ems.post/operators/philippines

Ah that is interesting.

Is there a nearby office in Lahug?

Same question goes for DHL.

LBC - there is an office at citysquare 2, so if there is no option nearby lahug of an dhl - or EMS-office, I will go with LBC and hope for the best.

I guess it should be at least way better than the post office...