Does marrying a Filipina make me a racist?

Humboldt

Originally titled "Brown-Skinned Girl" Morrison changed it to "Brown Eyed Girl" when he recorded it. Morrison remarked on the original title: "That was just a mistake. It was a kind of Jamaican song. Calypso.

The Label Bang records convinced him change the title as they felt the country wasn't ready for that .at the time...

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• guitartechk

• TheWhiteKnight

• SkyMan

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people are racist and then marry a Filipina  I don't see how marrying a Filipina can make you a racist   I do see where American women, who have a tendency to blow up after eating wedding cake,

I had been forewarned, having read posts and articles on the subject here and elsewhere, that I would encounter resentment and hostility because I married a Filipina. But, even in light of that, I was

is your sister fat?,,,,,,,,,

Posted Images

SkyMan

Originally titled "Brown-Skinned Girl" Morrison changed it to "Brown Eyed Girl" when he recorded it. Morrison remarked on the original title: "That was just a mistake. It was a kind of Jamaican song. Calypso.

The Label Bang records convinced him change the title as they felt the country wasn't ready for that .at the time...

Brown Skinned Girl just doesn't roll off the tongue.

ozboy
Not all, just the small minded.  And in this case it isn't  a very big difference so I think it only a small part of her problem.

General comment...No idea what the OP's real issue is but if you post comments that might belittle someone else then call it whatever you want but it aint Racism...

ORIGINAL from OP ''She had read one of my blog/vlog posts where I mention having been previously married to a "big American woman," and proceeded to assume that I intended to insult all American women.''

Edited by ozboy
Johnny S

American women tend to hate (generalizing) Asian women. Asian women tend to make American women look bad. They all have a story about how either them or someone they know lost a man to a home wrecking Filipina. Could be the reason? I don't know.

It seems many American woman just can't compete with feminine, beautiful Asian women. It seems they tend to lash-out and criticize out of sheer jealousy..I have been told some American woman reaching the age of around 40 start growing testicles. It can't be true!!  :idontknow:

Jack_be_nimble

OP, I've been called worse than that. But, for being called a racist  Well, it's good enough reason to rub your happiness in their faces!

Flood your FB with pictures of you and her having the greatest time in your lives !!!!!

• Like 2
lamoe

It seems many American woman just can't compete with feminine, beautiful Asian women. It seems they tend to lash-out and criticize out of sheer jealousy..I have been told some American woman reaching the age of around 40 start growing testicles. It can't be true!!  :idontknow:

Right it is not true - they steal them 

Which is not so far off the truth in that they are being told to be truly equal to a man they must control him.

Edited by lamoe
Jack_be_nimble
Believe it or not, this MAY be the biggest single reason from where it all starts....People talk about it..Your kid;s friends talk about it..In the end it all becomes one big embarrassment for all concerned and then it explodes in ''Racist'' remarks...Nothing to do with who you marry per se.....

This is a big part of it.

Edited by Jack_be_nimble
smokey

Its not racism, just a preference. I'm sure if you sister came here and was picked up by some young over testosteroned young guy she would not complain.

yes and if she did the family would be embarrassed by her actions ,, Look at the female teachers over 35 having sex with young men ... its always been a double standard and always will

20 more years of fast food and it will be hard to tell the difference

shadow

Brown Skinned Girl just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Sure they do, maybe you just ain't lickin' the right spot!

Look at the female teachers over 35 having sex with young men ... its always been a double standard and always will

Some would not consider 15 y.o. boys to be "young men".

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1
Humboldt

Good chance the OP Wife is a Racist , he just happens to be on the right/white side of the race card  

guitartechk

LOL, even the title of your blog probably sent their blood boiling!

Yeah, I have always marched to the beat of my own drummer! You know, when this whole Blog/Vlog thing started, Vivian and I made videos of the wedding and events following and leading up to it. We made the videos so that we could share our love and experiences with my family back in the states. So we started "Postcards from Cebu" on YouTube. When I returned to Maryland, I started getting peppered with questions from neighbors, coworkers and friends about how? why? what dating site?... So I started doing videos to answer those questions, then I thought, since there is so much interest, why not start a blog. So here I stand taking the heat for all red blooded western men. Hope they appreciate it! LOL

• Like 2
TheWhiteKnight

Believe it or not, this MAY be the biggest single reason from where it all starts....People talk about it..Your kid;s friends talk about it..In the end it all becomes one big embarrassment for all concerned and then it explodes in ''Racist'' remarks...Nothing to do with who you marry per se.....

Racism in marriage is very common..It is too keep ethnic traditions and values alive..and that goes for Anglo Saxons as well....Greeks used to and in their hearts rather their kids marry Greeks even if they are now citizens of another country..Same goes for Italians, Indians, Chinese, all who are culturally different.....Try marrying into a Higher Filipino Family...specially if you have a bigger discrepancy in age or financial situation.

Jealously is in the eye of the beholder..

48 vs 60 though is not bad at all, especially at that age!

guitartechk

Good chance the OP Wife is a Racist , he just happens to be on the right/white side of the race card

For the record guys, my wife is a widow (previously married to a Filipino, 3 beautiful kids) and 12 years my junior. I doubt she is a racist and we are closer in age than many of you think.

USMC-Retired

This is nuts really.  However I see her point where you say comment on weight and size of american women.  A generalization that she took to include her.  It is a fine line that a question of why not an American women.  Then to put it out there in bold letters can rub some wrong.  You are just pointing out the obvious and most people do not what to hear it.  American Women are large and bigger in general and that may not be your style.  It is not racist to point out what is obvious to the casual observer.   

• Like 2
TheWhiteKnight

Flood your FB with pictures of you and her having the greatest time in your lives !!!!!

I think that's what got him in to trouble in the first place.

• Like 1