Does marrying a Filipina make me a racist?

guitartechk

What is the age difference?

I'm 60 my wife is 48

Now I would say it's a good idea to talk with her sober and get to the heart of the problem and find out if she's on your side.

That is my intention, I'll give her a few days to mull it over...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• guitartechk

• TheWhiteKnight

• SkyMan

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people are racist and then marry a Filipina  I don't see how marrying a Filipina can make you a racist   I do see where American women, who have a tendency to blow up after eating wedding cake,

I had been forewarned, having read posts and articles on the subject here and elsewhere, that I would encounter resentment and hostility because I married a Filipina. But, even in light of that, I was

is your sister fat?,,,,,,,,,

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man

When all all else fails, play the race card.  Its a common ploy with people who run out of logic to convince you of the error of your ways.  Take it from a cradle robbing, racist, senile old pervert.  (Sticks and stones may break my bones . . . yada yada)

• Like 2
bounder

A filipina married a farmer (ten years her senior) in the midwest in 1994.  We eventually met at my place of business and became friends over the ensuing years.  One day I asked how she had been accepted when she first moved into the area.  She confessed that in the beginning, it was hard for her as several of her husbands friends kept harassing her that there were plenty of available white women here and that she should return to the Philippines where she belonged.  She was not welcomed there and never would be accepted by the community.  Of course, that was over twenty years ago and two children later.  She ignored the critics, stayed by her husband and was eventually accepted by the community.  I have always admired her conviction and devotion to their marriage and the wherewithal to withstand those who wanted her to go back home.

As for me, my mate is 30 years younger than me.  We have had a special relationship for over five years now and even though I had real issues with living with a woman that young, it changed over time and I could not ask for a more loving, dedicated, and devoted partner than the one who shares her life with me now.  If we ever go to the states and should I be called a racist, I will take it with a grain of salt....and maybe a little pride. 

Edited by bounder
  • Like 2
guitartechk

A filipina married a farmer ...  I have always admired her conviction and devotion to their marriage and the wherewithal to withstand those who wanted her to go back home.

For my wife's sake, I hope to mitigate as much of that as possible. She and I have discussed it and will continue to discuss it, but my skin is thicker than hers. That's why after we get her a blue passport, we plan on returning to Cebu.

The odd thing is that many Filipina's use whitening facial cream to be more white and long to have a child with americans or foriegners because they create "beautiful" kids. Miss Universe is such a product and most filipino movie stars etc. are from this type of union.

guitartechk

The odd thing is that many Filipina's use whitening facial cream to be more white and long to have a child with americans or foriegners because they create "beautiful" kids. Miss Universe is such a product and most filipino movie stars etc. are from this type of union.

Yeah right, go figure... I'm guessing that sis felt it necessary to defend American women. Like I said, I have nothing against American women, I was once married to one, raised two kids. I guess they (sis and my niece) are defensive about me being attracted to Asians and Filipinas in general and my wife in particular. Was blatantly racist and to try to put the racist tag on me was simply childish.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

you said there had been drinking going on, that tends to lubricate people's tongues

sounds to me that your sister was looking for something to be offended by and by you mentioning your wife was american rather then leaving that out of her description you unwittingly supplied her with what she was looking for .. by what i read(or maybe misread) that seemed to be the seed of her contention not who you are married to now but that way you spoke about your ex and she inflated that to mean all women like herself.

she took it to be a generalization that as far as i can tell you didn't even mean to make and generalizations are where, for good or bad, ism's often come from

it was her own desire to see it that way.. if that's how she really sees you or just alcohol talking .. who knows

my wife and i haven't really encountered any racism, at least not any negative racism, aimed at us from inside or outside of our families

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

you said there had been drinking going on, that tends to lubricate people's tongues

sounds to me that your sister was looking for something to be offended by and by you mentioning your wife was american rather then leaving that out of her description you unwittingly supplied her with what she was looking for .. by what i read(or maybe misread) that seemed to be the seed of her contention not who you are married to now but that way you spoke about your ex and she inflated that to mean all women like herself.

she took it to be a generalization that as far as i can tell you didn't even mean to make and generalizations are where, for good or bad, ism's often come from

it was her own desire to see it that way.. if that's how she really sees you or just alcohol talking .. who knows

my wife and i haven't really encountered any racism, at least not any negative racism, aimed at us from inside or outside of our families

Is it racism when my coworkers and customers ask does she have a sister?

or

When random people around the Philippines ask my girl if I have a brother?

hahah

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Is it racism when my coworkers and customers ask does she have a sister?

or

When random people around the Philippines ask my girl if I have a brother?

hahah

yeah if they only ask because of race.. just not negative racism

guitartechk

sounds to me that your sister was looking for something to be offended by ... she took it to be a generalization that as far as i can tell you didn't even mean to make and generalizations are where, for good or bad, ism's often come from

Quite true! I definitely touched a nerve and my mentioning "big American" was also something she took issue with, of course I was using the word big to contrast petite, not to insulate anything else. My ex is actually a beautiful tall blonde. I wanted something different, went looking in Asia and it was here in Cebu that I fell in love with my wife. 

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

The only person I ever had trouble with was my youngest daughter. I had custody of the kids and my daughter was 12 at the time. I think she was angry at being "replaced" as the woman of the house. She and my wife still don't fully get along.

• Like 1