Sign in to follow this  
guitartechk

Does marrying a Filipina make me a racist?

guitartechk

I had been forewarned, having read posts and articles on the subject here and elsewhere, that I would encounter resentment and hostility because I married a Filipina. But, even in light of that, I was still shocked when my sister called me a racist!

After our family Easter dinner, and the consumption of copious amounts of wine, my sister took me aside and read me the riot act! She had read one of my blog/vlog posts where I mention having been previously married to a "big American woman," and proceeded to assume that I intended to insult all American women. I tried to explain but then she called me a racist. I asked her to quote what I said that was so offensive, but alas she could not. Who is the racist?

• Like 8

TheWhiteKnight

American women tend to hate (generalizing) Asian women. Asian women tend to make American women look bad. They all have a story about how either them or someone they know lost a man to a home wrecking Filipina. Could be the reason? I don't know.

• Like 6

guitartechk

American women tend to hate (generalizing) Asian women. Asian women tend to make American women look bad. They all have a story about how either them or someone they know lost a man to a home wrecking Filipina. Could be the reason? I don't know.

Yea, I had been hearing, for some time, through the grapevine that my sister and a niece were unhappy about me dating a Filipina, but to brand me a racist? Can someone of the same race even be a racist? Racist against my own race? Totally weird...

Some people are racist and then marry a Filipina  I don't see how marrying a Filipina can make you a racist

I do see where American women, who have a tendency to blow up after eating wedding cake, feel the need to defend their honor. 

I would stops saying "I married a Filipina" and start saying "I married the woman I love", her race or heritage has nothing to do with it.

Quite true. I did marry the woman I love... I think the race issue is my sister's problem!

• Like 4

TheWhiteKnight

I'd be curious to know exactly what she told you? What is there even to say, sheesh.

woodchopper

is your sister fat?,,,,,,,,, :killself:

• Like 8

guitartechk

I'd be curious to know exactly what she told you? What is there even to say, sheesh.

She started by taking issue with one or more of my blog posts but would not tell me specifically. Quickly however, the conversation digressed and it became about my wife and ended in me being branded a racist... I'm suspecting the influence of alcohol, ha-ha!

is your sister fat?,,,,,,,,, :killself:

Let's say she's a little overweight.

I'd like to hear the experiences of the other forum members regarding this issue of racism from ones own family?

broden

everyone is racist in someone else's eyes

• Like 2

Humboldt

I think by not marrying a Filipina makes you a racist ,, As in i will only marry within my race 

so your open to other races ,,

unlike  Arian brotherhood member white power only

• Like 1

guitartechk

I think by not marrying a Filipina makes you a racist ,, As in i will only marry within my race 

so your open to other races ,,

unlike  Arian brotherhood member white power only

Bigmook had it right in an earlier post... "I married the woman I love, her race or heritage has nothing to do with it."

SkyMan

She started by taking issue with one or more of my blog posts but would not tell me specifically. Quickly however, the conversation digressed and it became about my wife and ended in me being branded a racist... I'm suspecting the influence of alcohol, ha-ha!
My bet is you marrying a Filipina is the crux of it and she somehow feels she needs to defend the honor of American women since you opted for an alternative.  If an old American couple sees an older guy with a young girl his first thought will be "I wish that were me." but then he's stuck with his old lady so he'll say "that's disgusting."  She will think it's disgusting right off hoping her husband doesn't get the idea.  The same kind of thing goes with American woman seeing their prospects to ensnare a man going overseas.  

But really you are a racist, you're a multi-racist. :yahoo:

• Like 5

Art

So your sister is making her problem yours. 

If someone had something to say to me I would listen and ask questions to ascertain the issue and I would be honest with myself to see if the accusations would be true and wear it if true however I wouldn't wear anything thrown at me if it wasn't true.  How does she feel and think now she is sober does she stand by her words? 

Some relationships are toxic or become toxic you are better off minimizing contact with people who cannot accept your choices.  If they weren't prepared to hear my view on the matter and respect it I would avoid them as much as possible.  

• Like 6

woodchopper

She will think it's disgusting right off hoping her husband doesn't get the idea.

"womans ways",,i can identify with that,,my sister reacted similar allbeit thru my dad,,she was just crapping herself her hubby would do the same,,,,,, :yahoo:

guitartechk

But really you are a racist, you're a multi-racist.

Touché!

How does she feel and think now she is sober does she stand by her words?

Haven't talked to her yet, just happened last night.

SkyMan

How does she feel and think now she is sober does she stand by her words? 
I assume you want to continue to have a relationship with her.  Alcohol has the ability to loosen up things that might otherwise have been smothered and possibly festered.  It's probably good that got out so you both know where she stands.  Now I would say it's a good idea to talk with her sober and get to the heart of the problem and find out if she's on your side.  She may think she's helping you by trying to damage your marriage.
  • Like 1