I need my Visa card sent, Oz to RP

Fish Sandwich

B of A just "over-nighted" via UPS my credit card (which took about four days) after cancelling it within 48 hours of me arriving here due to some "possible compromise to an undisclosed merchant." I wasn't even going to bother, and then thought it would be a good experiment at their expense. I received it unopened and without issue. I'm quite pleasantly surprised/amazed. That was the second card since the first one went to my USA address. If your's is part of that recent "compromise" (which they told me was huge), you might call and see if they'll foot the bill...even if they already sent one somewhere else. I think part of my success was telling them I have a backup card I'll start using instead.

miles-high

You posted a few days too late, we just came back from there yesterday... :) One more reason to get an AMEX card - BDO can issue a replacement card up to Platinum here. :D

Nangulo

I had new credit cards arrive last week via snail mail.  Not the first time, either.  USA to Surigao City.  I did not order them, they were sent automatically.

TheWhiteKnight

B of A just "over-nighted" via UPS my credit card (which took about four days) after cancelling it within 48 hours of me arriving here due to some "possible compromise to an undisclosed merchant." I wasn't even going to bother, and then thought it would be a good experiment at their expense. I received it unopened and without issue. I'm quite pleasantly surprised/amazed. That was the second card since the first one went to my USA address. If your's is part of that recent "compromise" (which they told me was huge), you might call and see if they'll foot the bill...even if they already sent one somewhere else. I think part of my success was telling them I have a backup card I'll start using instead.

Even if you have to pay the $15 is a steal. FedEx would be $45+ normally.

Laurence

i had my Visa card issued by a European bank send me a new card while I was on vacation. Just told them I'd collect it at their delivery agent's office at the airport. No fee and no problem.

Edited by Laurence
ozboy

When my Mastercard expired, Westpac sent it directly to my Post Office box here in Naga...I paid the Guy there to call me as soon as it arrived, or it would sit there for months without any notification....I think the bank liked the idea of a Post Office, not knowing there are Post Offices and Post Offices..

Being with online banking for a long time, Westpac never gave me any hassles....Same when my Passport was stolen and replaced..It went straight to PO and not my home...

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

Best from here are TNT and UPS,

I don't know anything about TNT but out here in the province it isn't UPS that delivers UPS packages, it is the Aboitiz company, 2GO and they have a terrible reputation. FEDEX and LBC do their own delivery. IMHO, the fewer hands it passes through the better.

• Like 1
Headshot

I don't know anything about TNT but out here in the province it isn't UPS that delivers UPS packages, it is the Aboitiz company, 2GO and they have a terrible reputation. FEDEX and LBC do their own delivery. IMHO, the fewer hands it passes through the better.

Fedex is delivered by Air21 in the Philippines. Fedex stopped operating delivery in the Philippines a couple of years ago when the Philippine government shut down their operations here. Unlike 2Go, Air21 has a very good reputation.

TheWhiteKnight

Fedex is delivered by Air21 in the Philippines. Fedex stopped operating delivery in the Philippines a couple of years ago when the Philippine government shut down their operations here. Unlike 2Go, Air21 has a very good reputation.

Are you sure about this? I think the opposite happened. FedEx is no longer affiliated with Air21 (http://opinion.inquirer.net/77292/neither-air21-nor-airfreight-2100-is-fedexs-contractor). Actual FedEx trucks and bikes come to my house.?

EDIT: I guess the original order banning FedEx is still pending in the SC for a ruling??

Edited by JeffPH
Headshot

Maybe. But I was told that Air21 had taken over all Fedex operations in the Philippines (including the Fedex trucks) on contract with Fedex. You can definitely still use Fedex here, regardless of who is actually running the Philippine operations.

Ozepete

We ship many items to SE Asia and the Philippines is the most troublesome destination of them all! 

Sorry but FedEx is a definite no go from Oz!

Last time we sent an item with FedEx ($2.2K value) to a YIT in Davao was when they were in the middle of their dispute with Phils authorities.

It took nearly three months to get our goods released so never again!

UPS to the Phils are good and like most international couriers they too often use sub contractors but we have never had any issues with them including deliveries to like Carmen marina, YIT's at Subic  etc. UPS are consistent and reliable to any country.

TNT is an Oz company and so far are quite good. We avoid Star track, DHL and FedEx as from Oz end they are hopeless!

Edited by Ozepete
Fish Sandwich

Even if you have to pay the $15 is a steal. FedEx would be $45+ normally.

I agree. I probably would have jumped on that deal too... 

I told B of A it was no rush and to send it ground, but got it in four days anyway. I think Visa or someone else must be footing the bill on shipping because I only used my card with about six different merchants in a year...and they were all huge, like Amazon, ebay, etc....no gas pumps, restos, nothing physical or where anyone could have their hands on my card.

One time I tried to send a card (like a hallmark b-day card in a normal envelope with a simple necklace crammed in there) from California to Leyte and it was going to be $92 via UPS Ground. Even the UPS girl pshhhhhed before she gave me the price. So, I'm thinking to overnight something would be in the hundreds of dollars.

• 4 weeks later...
Kabisay-an gid

We ship many items to SE Asia and the Philippines is the most troublesome destination of them all! 

Sorry but FedEx is a definite no go from Oz!

Last time we sent an item with FedEx ($2.2K value) to a YIT in Davao was when they were in the middle of their dispute with Phils authorities.

It took nearly three months to get our goods released so never again!

UPS to the Phils are good and like most international couriers they too often use sub contractors but we have never had any issues with them including deliveries to like Carmen marina, YIT's at Subic  etc. UPS are consistent and reliable to any country.

TNT is an Oz company and so far are quite good. We avoid Star track, DHL and FedEx as from Oz end they are hopeless!

TNT is a Dutch company. I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that FedEx is in the process of acquiring them, and the deal should be complete within the next few months.

https://www.tnt.com/express/en_cn/site/home/the-company/press/press_releases/fedex_and_tnt_express_2NDFEBRUARY2016.html

Ozepete

TNT is a Dutch company. I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that FedEx is in the process of acquiring them, and the deal should be complete within the next few months.

Founded in Australia it since morphed with many other internationals along the way. Still the best national (and international along with UPS) service from Oz and still with large Oz share holding.

Quote below from:     http://www.tnt.com/corporate/en/site/home/about_us/history.html

Today, TNT Express is a global company, operating in 200 countries around the world with head office in Holland.

But the company actually started from very humble beginnings, in Australia back in the 1940s, when Ken Thomas set up his own transport business with just a single truck.

Business boomed in the 1950s as Ken’s company began offering road and rail freight services across Australia including, for the first time, new overnight services. In 1958, the company became known as Thomas Nationwide Transport or TNT for short and, by 1961, TNT had become so successful that it was listed on the Australian stock exchange.