I need my Visa card sent, Oz to RP

KennyF

Has anyone couriered small items like cards from Australia (Gold Coast) to the Philippines (Camiguin)

I'm thinking LBC, Fedex, TNT and the like but can't get any joy on the internet.

Any help appreciated.

KonC

AussieLex

I just had one sent from Brisbane a few weeks ago ... DHL is probably the best bet ... 

Phone email the bank and ask them to send it and how to send it to you if you can... have them deduct the cost from your account....  

I couldn't do that..mine was sent to my sisters place and in Brisbane as that is my registered address in Oz ... she sent it registered mail and it took about 3 weeks to get here....

Ozbrum

Has anyone couriered small items like cards from Australia (Gold Coast) to the Philippines (Camiguin)

I'm thinking LBC, Fedex, TNT and the like but can't get any joy on the internet.

Any help appreciated.

KonC

I have a mate coming over on April 19 mate, he lives on Gold Coast ... Let me know if you want his contact details, he will be happy to help out

Al

Edited by Ozbrum
  • Like 2
RogerDuMond

I just had one sent from Brisbane a few weeks ago ... DHL is probably the best bet ...

From the US DHL was the cheapest, but they wouldn't deliver to the province. I needed to pickup at DHL warehouse Cebu. Have had items from FEDEX and LBC delivered to the house. LBC will deliver Monday through Saturday where FEDEX only delivers to the province here on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

KennyF

I have a mate coming over on April 19 mate, he lives on Gold Coast ... Let me know if you want his contact details, he will be happy to help out

Al

Thanks Al, that might be the way to go.

I'll see what other options are available and get back to you.

KonC

• Like 1
woodchopper

i will relate a BIG pitfall mate.

some time ago i had my newly opened credit card delivered australian address,,and some FOOL sent the password slip therein.(all arrived ok)

BEWARE

Edited by woodchopper
  • Like 2
KennyF

i will relate a BIG pitfall mate.

some time ago i had my newly opened credit card delivered australian address,,and some FOOL sent the password slip therein.(all arrived ok)

BEWARE

Should be no problem Mr Chopper as it's a replacement, not a new one so there is no "password slip"

KonC

• Like 1
samatm

My Bank sent me a new Card from the USA .. via FED Ex .. NO Charge.     Just call and ASK.... 

Ozepete

For international freight from Australia go into interparcel.com.au and you will be offered a choice of couriers and quotes.

Best from here are TNT and UPS, and forget the rest they are bloody hopeless from here to SE Asia. Expect a cost of Au$45 to 70. for a document bag size.

• Like 2
KennyF

Expect a cost of Au$45 to 70. for a document bag size.

Wow, that much?

KonC

TheWhiteKnight

In the US most will send your card directly to your PH address for 15 bucks or less. Done it on various cards, credit and debit. Believe this.

dnl_grout

In the US most will send your card directly to your PH address for 15 bucks or less. Done it on various cards, credit and debit. Believe this.

Maybe yes cause you have a PH address listed with them.

On straight lost replacement cards in the past could only get it forwarded by friend. None of my US banks would send any kind of card to PH. 

Just want to make that clear for those who get it in there mind that replacing a card in PH is a cake walk.

Getting older faster than I thought so maybe the whole thing changed wile I didn't have my glasses on.

TheWhiteKnight

Maybe yes cause you have a PH address listed with them.

On straight lost replacement cards in the past could only get it forwarded by friend. None of my US banks would send any kind of card to PH. 

Just want to make that clear for those who get it in there mind that replacing a card in PH is a cake walk.

Getting older faster than I thought so maybe the whole thing changed wile I didn't have my glasses on.

I'd have to totally disagree as far as anyone in the US is concerned my residence is in the USA. I would never list a PH address on my account.

3 different banks have done this for me I have no doubt that all would. You call them up, you tell them you are currently in the Philippines and need your card because you don't have a return date. They WANT you to use their card overseas. They ask the address, confirm the international charge (from free, 8$ to 15$) and it comes in less than a week. It's really that simple.

1. Charles Schwab - ATM/Debit - $15

2. HSBC Platinum - Credit Card - $15

3. USAA - ATM/Debit - $8

All with in the last 6 months. I don't think there is a single credit or debit card who would refuse to send you a replacement card in the PH or damn near anywhere in the world. I also had some sent to TH last year. It's common place to replace cards abroad, what if you lost the card, or got it stolen? They WANT you to use your card, the whole value prop of a credit card is they are there to take care of you when you travel.

Edited by JeffPH
  • Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

I'd have to totally disagree as far as anyone in the US is concerned my residence is in the USA. I would never list a PH address on my account.

3 different banks have done this for me I have no doubt that all would. You call them up, you tell them you are currently in the Philippines and need your card because you don't have a return date. They WANT you to use their card overseas. They ask the address, confirm the international charge (from free, 8$ to 15$) and it comes in less than a week. It's really that simple.

1. Charles Schwab - ATM/Debit - $15

2. HSBC Platinum - Credit Card - $15

3. USAA - ATM/Debit - $8

All with in the last 6 months. I don't think there is a single credit or debit card who would refuse to send you a replacement card in the PH or damn near anywhere in the world. I also had some sent to TH last year. It's common place to replace cards abroad, what if you lost the card, or got it stolen? They WANT you to use your card, the whole value prop of a credit card is they are there to take care of you when you travel.

The CS replacement card pissed me off because they didn't declare it as a document, instead it was listed as a $1 blank record-able media. Even though FedEx had it for less than a day, I had to pay for 1 day of storage customs fee, COD upon delivery. Extra P500!! I fought as best I could, they didn't give a shit. Handed over the the P500. Still better than dealing with 3rd parties, in my opinion.

OK had the credit union .Penn Fed just send me three cards a check card and two ATM cards with no logo , and 50 free checks. They went to my sister in VA ,she  USPS them to me ,Priority Mail Registered ,took 8 days to get to LAX then two days to Manila , then another 20 days to get to me  but was able to track it all the way , 40$ plus but all got to me OK,they say when it is registered each  step, some one has to sign!!!!! But i got it, just a lot of worrying  to much!!!! Next time i send a different way.