Principal Sponsors in a Filipino Wedding

Headshot

So with all the times you've sponsored you don't believe there was a glimmer of hope in those individuals you'd pitch in?

Not a glimmer. We always give a decent wedding gift, but we don't pay for somebody's wedding. We don't give cash. If they are adult enough to marry, they are adult enough to pay for their own expenses.

But aren't you friends with me and Fred... :db:

Yeah, but neither of you asked me to be a sponsor at your wedding.

• Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topper

• Headshot

• RogerDuMond

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys can try and dress it however you like - but when a Filipino asks a Kano to be  a sponsor they are looking for money.

I posted in the beginning of this thread trying to be funny. I do that sometimes, that is "try" but rarely succeed.   The truth is, I have only been asked to be a sponsor once, by my brother-in-law.

My wife asked if we would buy anything for my godsons upcoming baptism party   I said they didn't ask for my help 9 months ago   she gave me a blank stare and said ............ huh?

Posted Images

Enuff

Not a glimmer. We always give a decent wedding gift, but we don't pay for somebody's wedding. We don't give cash. If they are adult enough to marry, they are adult enough to pay for their own expenses.

Yeah, but neither of you asked me to be a sponsor at your wedding.

If I ever get married again I will certainly choose you for sponsorship and let you pay for everything, then you can have similar experiences as others.

Plus I know deep down inside you love watching me dance

• Like 1
Topper

Glad that you and your wife came to a happy conclusion!

plus a couple of hundred bucks.  :D.... oh I hope that's out of generosity and didn't ruin your budget.  I'm sure they'll forever be grateful. 

That amount is within reason for us. Thanks for your help and your kind words.

Edited by Topper