Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

My Little Girl's Teacher Passed Away This Evening

Alfred E. Neuman

Chinese teacher?

• Like 1

broden

our condolences

sounds like she was doing what she loved pretty much up until the end.. that counts for a lot 

• Like 2

SkyMan

There are some teachers that do a whole lot more than just teach.  RIP Susan

• Like 2

Brucewayne

Hard to find good teachers here.

Sorry for your school's loss.

BZB

Condolences to Susan's family and all those that she touched throughout her long teaching career. She died way too young. Rest in peace Teacher Susan.

Headshot

Chinese teacher?

No. She was a Filipina. If anything, her heritage was Spanish. Even in pre-elementary, students at Ateneo have multiple teachers for multiple subjects, but their primary teacher (in this case Teacher Susan) is always there with them. So, my daughter did have a teacher for learning Mandarin, but that wasn't Teacher Susan.

guitartechk

RIP Susan

rizla

Always a sad loss when a good and responsible teacher passes away, my condolences 

mpt1947

Our condolences to Teacher Susan's Family and to you, your wife and most importantly your daughter.

Prayers and Good Thoughts going your way.

Mel and Mike

HeyMike

Very sorry to hear this. RIP.

Jack_be_nimble

My four-year-old daughter's Nursery teacher from SHS Ateneo de Cebu passed away this evening, the first day of Spring 2016. She went into the hospital (Chong Hua) about a week and a half ago with a high fever. It turns out that she was diagnosed with leukemia in 2008, but only a few people in her immediate family knew about it. Last Tuesday, she suddenly went into a coma, and they did tests to determine that she was hemorrhaging in her brain. That caused the coma, and eventually caused her death, as all of her body's systems shut down. She was 56 years old when she died.

My little girl has taken it pretty well considering that she really loved Teacher Susan (Amodia), and the love was reciprocal. It was a bit of a life lesson for my daughter tonight. Teacher Susan was an excellent teacher who changed the lives of her pre-elementary students for the better for eighteen years at Ateneo. You can tell when a teacher REALLY cares about her children, and Teacher Susan shined in this. My wife was her classroom parents' rep, so we got to know her better than most. The school year for pre-elementary has already ended thankfully. I'm sure it would have been even more traumatic for the children if this had happened during the school year. We will miss her dearly, but I have every confidence that she is happy where she is now.

RIP Teacher Susan.

Very nice post, Headshot.   R.I.P. for this well loved teacher.

Edited by Headshot

goggleye

Rest in peace  - a testimony to her dedication to her craft

Enuff

RIP

Kahuna

Sorry to hear,,my condolences..