US marriage certificates

I plan to marry my GF here in the US, does the Philippines require anything special regarding the certificate that is issued to be valid over there?  notarized? official seal? 

I plan to marry my GF here in the US, does the Philippines require anything special regarding the certificate that is issued to be valid over there?  notarized? official seal? 

For what? 

RogerDat

My 13A was done with a US license in 2004, so yes I would see no reason to change it.

shadow

Not quite clear what you are asking. You will need to send an original or certified true copy of your marriage certificate to the Philippine embassy to record your marriage with NSO.

• Like 1
miles-high

You will need to send an original or certified true copy of your marriage certificate to the Philippine embassy to record your marriage with NSO.

...and also to have her passport name changed at the Philippine Embassy or Consulate...

• Like 1
SkyMan

You will need to send an original or certified true copy of your marriage certificate to the Philippine embassy to record your marriage with NSO.
If you really want to but....

For what? 

• Like 2
Buko Beach

You're putting the cart before the horse so to speak.

You should be focused on the requirements for the K-1 Visa. Why worry 10 steps ahead when the first step is the biggest?

BTW, just curious. How many days did you spend with your GF before deciding she was "the one"?

Best of luck to you and your bride to be.

Know all about the K1, doing that, when the time comes, will get the certified cert, this is months down the road. When people think of K1, most think some sort of fraud or scam on the part of the filipina. But, its just the fear factor. If two USC citizens knew each other for only a few months and then got married, many would have the same suspicions except for the Green card one. Getting a green card is not the solution that most foreigners think it is. Still gotta work etc. Even the 2-year conditional one is only that and if immigration finds out you are divorced at that time, the foreigner has to go back, I think. My GF and I have been together for 8 mos., do video calls frequently, she works, never asks for money, we were together 20 days as if we married, I met her family and we drove to Lake Sebu, never been asked for money from them. She is religious. She worked in Dubai for two years with some college. Her beauty is the type you are drawn to, yet, most men would be hesitant to try to flirt or hit on. As they say, love works in mysterious ways...

shadow

Know all about the K1

Even the 2-year conditional one is only that and if immigration finds out you are divorced at that time, the foreigner has to go back, I think.

LOL, I've been doing K1s since the 90s, and I learn something new at least once a month, but you of course "know all about it"? 

You think wrong. As long as the foreigner can show they are becoming a productive part of society, there is usually no problem being able to remove conditions.

SkyMan
When people think of K1, most think some sort of fraud or scam on the part of the filipina.

Perhaps you should qualify that as most westerners living in the west may think that.  But most of us on LinC know something about the K1 and know it's just a type of visa.  Guessing whether she's scamming or not would require more background information just as guessing if he's scamming her trying to get a love slave trophy wife would require more background information.  20 days together is more than some have had and some of those marriages worked out fine.  I have good friend in Arizona who penpalled (actual snail mail letters) for 6 months, then went to meet her for a week and did a K1.  Next year is their 25th anniversary.  She scammed him good.  Hahahahaha  So K1 doesn't mean scam to me.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2