batman2525

Carinderia in Cebu.

batman2525

How're you feeling about his Batty? 

I would love to do it jock.

Enuff

My SIL has been doing this for about 10+ years

makes small money, lots of credit and long hours

but she has been able to stay at home and raise her 4 kids and they are all better for it.

if she can break even, pay a few bills and spend some time with her family I'm sure she will treasure every day

• Like 1

batman2525

makes small money, lots of credit and long hours

Can she charge interest on the credit?

dHb

Lol, interest? My mother-in-law had a little book listing the money owed to her by many people - almost every page was filled up. The problem is that she is a soft touch - anyone with a sob story has her sympathy so much so that we all started calling her business a charity.

She's a pretty religious person and she likes helping people. As my wife and her siblings joke - "mama may not be rich here but she sure is rich in heaven....."

EDIT: Despite her charity, she still scrimped and saved enough to put 4 kids through school and college. That was something because my father-in-law used to make just minimum wage in a ceramics factory...

Edited by dHb
  • Like 1

Enuff

no, most meals total p10 or less.

they pay when they get paid or they don't eat.

unfortunately my wife is the "collector"

never had anyone resist her charm as of yet

• Like 1

batman2525

no, most meals total p10 or less.

Yea...they are cheap places to eat,the first time I ate in one was during my first trip to Cebu when I stayed at the Lylie Hotel,I walked across the road on the first morning I was there(jet lagged)..took two guys from the hotel who manned the front desk all night(they became my "Cebu advisors....paid) I ordered three meals,mine was a fish with head intact floating in some almost clear water,I ate the flesh and left the head....one of the advisors asked me if he could finish off the head because he liked the eyes.........sure you can I said.

Great days.

• Like 1

batman2525

Have you considered any other type of business?    water station, laundry, small franchise just to give you comparisons....e.g.  capital outlay, hours worked, potential growth, security, etc

This is my G/Fs train of thought...personally I wouldn't have any interest in a Carinderia....they look a little dodgy to me.

• Like 1

Gus

Now we have foodstall concept that is easy peasy. easy to manage and earns a bit.   Consider her options.

would you care to expand on this foodstall concept please .. i have a friend that im keen to help get out of her 2500p a month yaya job, but would need to be self sustainable ( either on here or by pm if you prefer , thanks , Gus )

batman2525
Why cant someone here like Thailand have a fresh cooking cart to whip up fresh wok stir fried noodles and veggie dishes

Last time I was on Mactan(1 year ago) there was one of these being operated by 3 Filipinas in an outside booth directly across the road from JPark.....I bought 2 containers full of vegetarian type stuff for 60 pesos each....turned out to be "ok",it was a brand new place and may still be there.......looked very professional set up and could have been a franchise.

Edited by batman2525
  • Like 1

samatm

would you care to expand on this foodstall concept please .. i have a friend that im keen to help get out of her 2500p a month yaya job, but would need to be self sustainable ( either on here or by pm if you prefer , thanks , Gus )

Sure;  Gus   briefly  Franchise costs about 160K  including Food cart  all equips etc..     Food cart is very high quality very nice ..  Siomai is precooked and frozen shipped in from Manila..  We sell 5 pcs for 35  Puso 3 pesos  and Black Gulaman Drink.. for 10 peso a cup.     it earns about 400P per day.    Could earn much more with a busy location...location location location....     If you want to know more ..let me  know.  

• Like 5