Living In "Sin" Whilst Under 21

AlaskaBound

I know that for someone to marry who is between 18 and 21 years of age it is necessary to obtain parental permission.

But, are there any legal requirements for living with someone between the 18 and 21?

Brucewayne

18 is the legal age of consent here and it is no problem getting around the parental consent thing  to be married once one has turned 18 these days.

Davaoeno

I know that for someone to marry who is between 18 and 21 years of age it is necessary to obtain parental permission.

But, are there any legal requirements for living with someone between the 18 and 21?

If you are considering living with someone who tells you its ok because they are 18 I would make very very sure that that was true

• Like 4
Paul

Just make certain she is 18. NSO birth certificate, passport, or other legal identification.

• Like 2
woodchopper

simple,,insist on taking her to NSO,,YOURSELF!

get a birth certificate or sight hers!

Goetz1965

To proof is a guy or a girl is 18 get a NSO certificate - usually in any larger mall they have a "government services" counter for those things - costs around 170php as far as I remember.

If you are a foreigner and he/she is just 18 - getting the parental permission usually is no problem at all hahaha

mikewright

18 is the legal age of consent here and it is no problem getting around the parental consent thing  to be married once one has turned 18 these days.

Sorry Bruce, not sure of what you mean here. Consent to what at 18?

Paul

Consent to what at 18?

Consensual sex.

• Like 1
mikewright

Consensual sex.

Is this saying that it is illegal for two 17-year-olds in the Philippines to have consensual sex?

Think a source link is required here.

Paul

Is this saying that it is illegal for two 17-year-olds in the Philippines to have consensual sex?

Think a source link is required here.

We are getting off the topic here. You asked a question. I answered it. At 18, a Filipino man or woman can choose to have consensual, legal sex in the Philippines. 

Let's call this finished, please.

Brucewayne

Art. 5. Any male or female of the age of eighteen years or upwards not under any of the impediments mentioned in Articles 37 and 38, may contract marriage. (54a)

Articles 37 and 38 forbid sex or marriage between any couple who are related by blood to any degree, which in essence, one could claim to be blood related to anyone on Earth as I see it if the law were put to a test and taken literally.

SkyMan

Not sure why any would accept a BC as proof of age.  How do you know it isn't her sister's, brother's, cousin's, or just plane fake?

ProudPinay

OP,  could it be that the age is infact in question here? Sometimes, when our gut is telling us that it doesn't feel right, our imagination start going OFF.  But time flies so fast these days, maybe those remaining months/or a year  till THERE IS ABSOLUTELY no issue whatsoever (where she could be with anyone her heart desires) worth the time to get to know the woman (and her family) first before taking the leap to live with her. 

bounder

When I arrived in the Philippines in 2010, I traveled aimlessly around the country for about eight weeks before settling in Cebu.  During that time I met several Filipinas (never dated them though) whose ages ranged from 18, to 19, 20, and so on.  Of those I had interacted with, I observed they just didn't seem to have the maturity level required in an adult relationship  I concluded that dating a Filipina in that age range would have been akin to babysitting.  I am sure that not all Filipinas would fit into that category, I am just stating what I encountered during my travels.

• Like 3

IF SHE SAYS SHE IS (barely) 18 , watch out  !!!! that means she is 17 and will be 18 soon. i found that out with a girl here in BayBay , Leyte,,,,, good thing she was well versed in  all things  to do with life.  And was not out to harm me, just wanted too know me haaaa  as i was so good looking!!!!  oh yes it was a wet dream i had one night!!!! Till my wife told me honey your not good looking !!!! YOU JUST LOOK LIKE A NEW CELL PHONE!!!!  And if her MOM with her she thinks you look like a big bag of WHITE RICE !!!! WAKE UP DEAR!!!!

• Like 5