Charred body found inside burnt car in Busay, Cebu City

sugbu777

Didn't I read here that the foreign owner of the burned out vehicle was already helping the police with their inquiries?

I thought I read the same thing too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• shadow

• Gus

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am currently in the UK and have not been using the forum recently, but came here specifically to see what had been posted about Tim.   Tim was a good friend of mine. I heard of his death from othe

Larry, I know these people personally, and I believe her only true dream would be for Tim to be alive ..

Ive stayed away from this thread for few days ( actually from linc completely ) , because I was pissed off at myself for responding to a poster when I was so affected emotionally .. for that, I apolo

Posted Images

woodchopper

is this an interesting "test",,whereby a family member needs to file complaint,,(if foreigner on foreigner) or has this been "tested" b4?,,,in my opinion and not knowing thus far!

fivestarph

Post #33 says the suspect has handed himself in, but later posts makes it appear he is still free.

shadow

is this an interesting "test",,whereby a family member needs to file complaint,,(if foreigner on foreigner) or has this been "tested" b4?,,,in my opinion and not knowing thus far!

It is rare the state will file charges on their own, but it does happen sometimes, mostly it seems in drug cases. They don't seem to care much about murder unless you are smoking a joint when you do it.

• Like 9
RogerDuMond

It is rare the state will file charges on their own, but it does happen sometimes, mostly it seems in drug cases. They don't seem to care much about murder unless you are smoking a joint when you do it.

Charges are filed upon lodging of a complaint by someone who has been victimized such as this persons wife. Filing of charges by the police is only done if the crime was witnessed by them.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Charges are filed upon lodging of a complaint by someone who has been victimized such as this persons wife. Filing of charges by the police is only done if the crime was witnessed by them.

i believe some govt agencies will also file charges when it involves abusing minors. 

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

i believe some govt agencies will also file charges when it involves abusing minors. 

I will check, but I think a complaint still has to be filed by someone, and then an investigation would have to be done by the NBI.

JamesMusslewhite

From what I learned during the Harry Doyle murder case in most cases the PNP will not arrest a suspect unless a member of the PNP, NBI or judge actually witnesses the crime first hand. In the drug cases you mention most are done by the PNP or PEDA where an officer witnesses the buy and or in the case of a Sting Operation registered 'bait bills' are used. Most likely the spouse will have to first file a case against the suspect, then six weeks to eight weeks for the arrest warrant to be issued and about two more weeks to process and be severed. Welcome to Spanish Colonial Law.combined with poorly written civil rights law caused by 20 years of Marcos rule.

• Like 3
jtmwatchbiz

I think a complaint still has to be filed by someone

in the situation i mentioned i believe the govt agency acts as the complainant in cases of abused minors.  an example would be child and womens services acting as the complainant.  

• Like 4
Oz Jon

This thread got me thinking more about how good dental records would be in identifying bodies.

Clearly, dental X-rays would contain an enormous amount of fine detailed identifying information.

But even simple hand marked card-type dental records (like the sample below) can contain a surprising amount of identifying information too.

Just taking a very simple case, considering only whether a particular tooth is missing, present with no fillings, or present with at least 1 filling.
That is 3 possibilities for each of 32 teeth = 3^32 = 1.8 Trillion possibilities (about 2 followed by 15 zeros!)

Then if you consider whether that 1 filling per tooth is on the top of the tooth, or on the front or back, left side or right side?
That's 5 possibilities per tooth = 5^32 = 23 followed by 21 zeros!

And it doesn't stop there - the filling could be gold or silver or white filling ... more than 1 filling per tooth ...providing an enormous number of possibilities.

So the chances of 2 people having exactly the same dental record is very unlikely.

That makes dental records a very good identifier.

Isn't mathematics wonderful! - Lol

post-15613-0-19494700-1458633009_thumb.png

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 1
smokey

From what I learned during the Harry Doyle murder case in most cases the PNP will not arrest a suspect unless a member of the PNP, NBI or judge actually witnesses the crime first hand. In the drug cases you mention most are done by the PNP or PEDA where an officer witnesses the buy and or in the case of a Sting Operation registered 'bait bills' are used. Most likely the spouse will have to first file a case against the suspect, then six weeks to eight weeks for the arrest warrant to be issued and about two more weeks to process and be severed. Welcome to Spanish Colonial Law.combined with poorly written civil rights law caused by 20 years of Marcos rule.

if i am not mistaken its been 30 years now and how many presidents have come and gone so changing the laws make by Marcos would be easy i would think

• Like 2
woodchopper

Aussie fears for his safety, asks police to hold off manhunt

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

AN Australian who has been linked to the death of another foreigner inside a vehicle reportedly fears for his life and safety, his lawyer said yesterday.

Aisa Ratcliffe, wife of Craeg Keith Ratcliffe, met with their legal counsel Inocencio de la Cerna, who appealed to the police to hold off the manhunt.

“We are worried that any untoward incident may happen to him (Craeg Keith),” de la Cerna told Sun. Star Cebu in a phone interview.

De la Cerna said that the Australian’s family is requesting the police to put off the manhunt until a formal complaint is lodged against Ratcliffe.

Police have been looking for the Australian who was tagged in the death of another foreigner, Timothy Avery Wilson, 60.

Wilson’s charred body was discovered after firefighters doused the flames that engulfed a sports utility vehicle in Sitio Lower Busay, Barangay Busay, Cebu City last March 17. The vehicle, a Toyota RAV4 model, was ownedby Ratcliffe.

Ratcliffe allegedly owed Wilson US$500,000. The two were reportedly partners in a mining business. Wilson lives in Barangay Tajao, Pinamungajan town, Cebu.

Supt. George Ylanan, the Cebu City deputy chief for operations, said Ratcliffe has been considered as a suspect.

A witness also saw Ratcliffe buying gasoline from a refilling station across the hotel in Busay where the suspect stayed.

Homicide Section Chief Elisandro Quijano earlier told reporters that they could not conclude yet that the body belonged to Wilson until they get the autopsy result and dental records.

Aisa Ratcliffe, wife of Craeg Keith Ratcliffe, met with their legal counsel Inocencio de la Cerna, who appealed to the police to hold off the manhunt.

A different report stated he turned himself into the police within hours ?

Woolf

News are from SunStar

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2016/03/22/aussie-fears-his-safety-asks-police-hold-manhunt-464047

Aussie fears for his safety, asks police to hold off manhunt

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

AN Australian who has been linked to the death of another foreigner inside a vehicle reportedly fears for his life and safety, his lawyer said yesterday.

“We are worried that any untoward incident may happen to him (Craeg Keith),” de la Cerna told Sun. Star Cebu in a phone interview.

De la Cerna said that the Australian’s family is requesting the police to put off the manhunt until a formal complaint is lodged against Ratcliffe.

Police have been looking for the Australian who was tagged in the death of another foreigner, Timothy Avery Wilson, 60.

Wilson’s charred body was discovered after firefighters doused the flames that engulfed a sports utility vehicle in Sitio Lower Busay, Barangay Busay, Cebu City last March 17. The vehicle, a Toyota RAV4 model, was ownedby Ratcliffe.

Ratcliffe allegedly owed Wilson US$500,000. The two were reportedly partners in a mining business. Wilson lives in Barangay Tajao, Pinamungajan town, Cebu.

Supt. George Ylanan, the Cebu City deputy chief for operations, said Ratcliffe has been considered as a suspect.

A witness also saw Ratcliffe buying gasoline from a refilling station across the hotel in Busay where the suspect stayed.

Homicide Section Chief Elisandro Quijano earlier told reporters that they could not conclude yet that the body belonged to Wilson until they get the autopsy result and dental records.