Charred body found inside burnt car in Busay, Cebu City

Wolfpack

Your full of sh.......I am or perhaps was an extremely close friend of Ratty and to a lesser degree Tim.

Please refrain from making such ludicrous statements on this matter.

wonderful, can you please fill in some blanks...and honor the man that was reportedly killed here?

better yet, contact the authorities with some information...so there can be justice and truth...

if the Australian is innocent...that would be wonderful news too...maybe some information on your part to the authorities can clear his name if he is innocent...

How many times does a newspaper article make no sense to you,   ggggggg,  what can you read from a news article

and BTW it is none of your business

an American was reported to be killed?

said American was owed a extremely large amount of money (in Philippine standards / third world standards) according to his wife...

and that's all they wrote...lotsa of gaps in this story...

as an American expat (American Navy Vet) living in cebu...it sure is my business when an American Navy Vet is reported killed in Cebu...BTW

Edited by Wolfpack
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• shadow

• Gus

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am currently in the UK and have not been using the forum recently, but came here specifically to see what had been posted about Tim.   Tim was a good friend of mine. I heard of his death from othe

Larry, I know these people personally, and I believe her only true dream would be for Tim to be alive ..

Ive stayed away from this thread for few days ( actually from linc completely ) , because I was pissed off at myself for responding to a poster when I was so affected emotionally .. for that, I apolo

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz
an American was reported to be killed? said American was owed a extremely large amount of money (in Philippine standards / third world standards) according to his wife... and that's all they wrote...lotsa of gaps in this story... as an American expat (American Navy Vet) living in cebu...it sure is my business when an American Navy Vet is reported killed in Cebu...BTW

since when are YOU entitled to any sort of explanation by people familiar with the victim?  if you feel so strongly about this as a navy vet, even tho that has absolutely nothing to do with this, then march yourself down to the police station and demand to be brought up to date and see where it gets you.

people are civilly discussing this unfortunate event and as usual you must make idiotic posts to be some sort of force to be reckoned with.  you should show a bit more restraint in your posts as this is about a tragedy that involves people that some members personally know.  your insinuations that there is some sort of illegal context to the wife's report of the victim's financial dealings is uncalled for.  

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 5
Wolfpack

since when are YOU entitled to any sort of explanation by people familiar with the victim?  if you feel so strongly about this as a navy vet, even tho that has absolutely nothing to do with this, then march yourself down to the police station and demand to be brought up to date and see where it gets you.

people are civilly discussing this unfortunate event and as usual you must make idiotic posts to be some sort of force to be reckoned with.  you should show a bit more restraint in your posts as this is about a tragedy that involves people that some members personally know.  your insinuations that there is some sort of illegal context to the wife's report of the victim's financial dealings is uncalled for.  

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2016/03/18/charred-body-busay-identified-463446

Charred body in Busay ‘identified’

Friday, March 18, 2016
body.jpg?itok=-0RUxgN4

SUV’s owner. The sports utility vehicle that was found burning in Sitio Lower Busay, Barangay Busay, Cebu City last Thursday afternoon reportedly belongs to a Craeg Keith Ratcliffe, a businessman from Negros Occidental. (Contributed Foto/Marysol Reynaldo Sosmena)

POLICE are looking for a foreigner who was allegedly responsible for the death of another foreigner, whose charred body was discovered after firefighters doused the flames that engulfed a sports utility vehicle in Sitio Lower Busay, Barangay Busay, Cebu City last Thursday afternoon.

A woman claiming to be the wife of the victim said the vehicle, a Toyota RAV4 model, was owned by Craeg Keith Ratcliffe.

Jocelyn Wilson went to the Homicide Section and told investigators that the charred remains may belong to her husband, Timothy Avery Wilson, 60.

Debt

Ratcliff allegedly owed Timothy US$500,000. The two were reportedly partners in a mining business.

Jocelyn said her husband accompanied Ratcliff last Thursday, thinking the suspect would pay off his debts. She did not think anything bad would happen, considering she was exchanging text messages with Ratcliff’s wife during that time.

Akong nahibaw-an niya naa man gud siyay utang, loan nga kwarta ba. Nya giingong mobayad siya, mao tong niari sila sa Cebu (From what I know, Ratcliff owed my husband. That he was going to pay. That was why the came to Cebu),” she said in a CCTN report.

The Wilsons live in Barangay Tajao, Pinamungajan.

Supt. George Ylanan, the deputy city director for operations, said they already considered Ratcliff a suspect.

A witness also saw Ratcliff buying gasoline from a gasoline station across the hotel in Busay where the suspect stayed.

Jocelyn identified Ratcliff from a footage taken from the hotel’s closed-circuit televisioncamera.

Awaiting results

Homicide Section Chief Elisandro Quijano said they cannot say with finality that the charred remains belong to Wilson until they get the autopsy result and dental records.

Last Thursday morning, Timothy went with Ratcliff, who resides in Barangay Looc, Calatrava, Negros Occidental.

Jocelyn told police she could not contact her husband on his phone for several hours later that day. When she heard a radio report about a dead person being discovered inside a fire-wrecked vehicle in Busay, she immediately traveled to the city.

She said she believes her husband was killed before the vehicle was set on fire.

Quijano said they can only determine when the victim died through the autopsy and the DNA test.

Police are also coordinating with the Bureau of Immigration and port officials to prevent the suspect from fleeing.

Edited by Wolfpack
jtmwatchbiz

what's your point? how does posting the latest news report somehow entitle you to demand explanations from members familiar with the victim, or your maintaining that there was some sort of illegal nature to the wife's description to the money owed? 

• Like 2
shadow

Let's not take this thread any farther off course. At this point it is all speculation, let's show some respect, whether we are respectable or not.

Only warning.

• Like 9
SkyMan

This is all a very strange case.  I don't think there's any value in placing blame until more info is known.  If it was Ratcliff he did an amazingly poor job of covering his tracks.

All we really know now is that a man is dead and an investigation is under way.

• Like 4
Wolfpack

Let's not take this thread any farther off course. At this point it is all speculation, let's show some respect, whether we are respectable or not.

Only warning.

I added a link and further information on the OP...

some members have expressed in this thread, of knowing either the victim, the accused or the wife (or all 3)...

in honor of the deceased...and as a fellow American Navy Veteran...I am requesting people that know something about this case to come forward so justice can be served...I would pray, someone would do the same for me...if I fell victim of this type of circumstance...

Wolfpack

This is all a very strange case.  I don't think there's any value in placing blame until more info is known.  If it was Ratcliff he did an amazingly poor job of covering his tracks.

All we really know now is that a man is dead and an investigation is under way.

the article says the vehicle was owned by Ratcliff...

some folks are saying (but is yet to be verified)...that Ratcliff is talking to police...that would mean it was definitely not Ratcliff in the vehicle...

have not seen any reports yet that Ratcliff has been arrested...some articles that have headlines that sound like he has been found but the article themselves, do not say such...

Ratcliff is described in the article I linked as a partner...the wife is claiming there is a debt...so is he a partner or is there a debt...this is not clear...

members that know these people...may know the answers...but they are not sharing information...in the thread anyway...maybe they have contacted the authorities...and it just has not been reported to the public yet...

oztony

well, unless police are talking to Ratcliff...the possibility remains...it could be Ratcliff not Wilson's body that was charred in that vehicle...

after all, why would a killer put the body of the person he killed...in his own personal vehicle for the whole world to find and see?

makes no sense at all...

As Skyman said a lot of it does not make any sense at all in this very early stage of proceedings,

I may be corrected , although burnt  I thought the wife identified the body of her husband ,

Yep , I just checked , this is from the news report posted by Woodchopper in post #3 on the 1st page of this thread ;

"Timothy was identified by his wife Joy, who went to the Busay Barangay Hall last night after hearing reports about a human body found inside a burned car in the hillyland." 

MAY HE THOUGHT HE WAS SMARTER  THAN PEOPLE HERE ? ARE HE IS LIKE SOME OF THOSE GUYS WHO ROB OLD WOMEN AND GET THE SHIT KICK OUT OF THEMSELVES BY , A OLD WOMAN!!!!

Wolfpack

As Skyman said a lot of it does not make any sense at all in this very early stage of proceedings,

I may be corrected , although burnt  I thought the wife identified the body of her husband ,

Yep , I just checked , this is from the news report posted by Woodchopper in post #3 on the 1st page of this thread ;

are you really gonna make me go copy and paste the reports...the body was burned beyond recognition...

and dental record were requested?

what I would like to know, that people that claim to know these people should know...were these people business partners in this mining business or not...

was the mining business struggling...

wife says it was a debt...

newspaper report says they were partners in a mining business but did not disclose the source of that information...

Edited by Wolfpack
oztony

Well this is just all too much for me ,

There is obviously contradictory information being released by different party's in the press,

And there is no point getting into locked horn discussions on possible misinformation from 1 or either party's of the press.

Hold+the+up+reads+comments+nopenopenopen

• Like 5
Wolfpack

Well this is just all too much for me ,

There is obviously contradictory information being released by different party's in the press,

And there is no point getting into locked horn discussions on possible misinformation from 1 or either party's of the press.

Hold+the+up+reads+comments+nopenopenopen

P03 Alberto Diamante, investigator of the Cebu City Police Office Homicide Section said Jocelyn Wilson identified the man as her American husband Timothy Wilson, in his 60’s and reportedly a retired member of the US Navy.

But Diamante said they required Jocelyn to support her claim by submitting dental records of her husband and other documents that would prove the man’s identity.

Diamante said the man was completely charred and no identification marks left in his body when found yesterday inside the Toyota Rav 4, which was believed to have been intentionally set on fire by another foreigner.

the article says the vehicle was owned by Ratcliff...

some folks are saying (but is yet to be verified)...that Ratcliff is talking to police...that would mean it was definitely not Ratcliff in the vehicle...

have not seen any reports yet that Ratcliff has been arrested...some articles that have headlines that sound like he has been found but the article themselves, do not say such...

Ratcliff is described in the article I linked as a partner...the wife is claiming there is a debt...so is he a partner or is there a debt...this is not clear...

members that know these people...may know the answers...but they are not sharing information...in the thread anyway...maybe they have contacted the authorities...and it just has not been reported to the public yet...

This is my final post on the subject.

Why on earth do you have in your limited mental capacity have the view that I as close friend of Ratty and Tim should discuss this on a public forum. In what capacity do you act?

If I judge I have relevant information it will be given to the appropriate authorities not to satisfy your weird craving for info on the subject.

• Like 9