Charred body found inside burnt car in Busay, Cebu City

Gus, sorry for your loss.

Thanks for vouching for him and defending his wifes character.

Have you been in contact with the police to see the cctv footage, maybe you or another friend of Tim knew the guy?

Do you believe that Tim had half million usd tied up with an Australian?

Thanks Greg ..

No I have not been in touch with police, but have been in touch with some the Toledo expat group , and of course there is a huge degree of sorrow, dispair and disbelief in what has occurred.

It has been reported in the media that another of Tim,s friends has viewed the cctv and identified the other person.

As far as the money ..yes i believe it is indeed possible .

• Like 7
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• shadow

• Gus

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am currently in the UK and have not been using the forum recently, but came here specifically to see what had been posted about Tim.   Tim was a good friend of mine. I heard of his death from othe

Larry, I know these people personally, and I believe her only true dream would be for Tim to be alive ..

Ive stayed away from this thread for few days ( actually from linc completely ) , because I was pissed off at myself for responding to a poster when I was so affected emotionally .. for that, I apolo

Posted Images

oztony

RIP , and condolences to the Family.

I suppose they will get a real name on this sooner or later "Ratty Ratcliff" albeit the first name may well be the shoe that fits.

• Like 1

I dont want to be the go to guy on this thread .. as I was a friend of both parties in this .. Im told Ratty has handed himself in to police , and I guess a lot of stuff will come out soon , although Im dont hold a high regard for local media standards ..

• Like 5
smokey

In an attempt to cover cause of death.

i stand corrected now if you wanted to kill someone and GET away with it you would hide the body but if you want the world to know he is dead you set fire to him with lots of people as witness good thing he was not hidden the wife could not move on with her life and support herself... of course i believe he loaned 1/2 million dollars to this so called friend and then the friend said he i have your money come pick it up                     HOW TO SOLVE MOST CRIMES.... FOLLOW THE MONEY

Edited by smokey
Enuff

I dont want to be the go to guy on this thread .. as I was a friend of both parties in this .. Im told Ratty has handed himself in to police , and I guess a lot of stuff will come out soon , although Im dont hold a high regard for local media standards ..

WOW, sorry for your loss and sorry you seem to be stuck in the middle.

I hope this doesn't entangle too many webs and will allow the family & friends the proper time to grieve.

• Like 3
Headshot

Thanks for weighing in on this. It's good to have the viewpoint of a friend.

Woolf

Cebu Daily News

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/89723/police-track-down-suspect-in-killing-of-man-found-in-burning-car-in-busay

Police track down suspect in killing of man found in burning car in Busay

10:46 PM March 18th, 2016
n0319craeg.jpg

CRATCLIFF (Contributed)

A MASSIVE manhunt operation is now conducted on the Australian national who was tagged as responsible for the death of a man inside a Toyota RAV 4 vehicle, which had been set on fire on Thursday afternoon in Busay, Cebu City.

Senior   Insp.  Elisandro Quijano, chief of the Cebu City Police Office Homicide Section, said Craeg Ratcliff, 42, an Australian national who lived in Calatrava, Negros Occidental was tagged as the suspect in the killing of the man inside the burnt vehicle.

The victim was initially identified as Ratcliff’s friend Timothy Wilson, 60, a retired US Navy personnel. Wilson’s wife, Jocelyn, claimed that Wilson was the man found inside the burnt vehicle.

As of yesterday afternoon, the PNP Crime Laboratory already had the dental records of Wilson to be matched to that of the man, who was charred beyond recognition. Quijano said Jocelyn provided the dental records.

As to the cause of death, Quijano said they are still waiting for the results of the autopsy. It was not also established where and when the victim was killed.

Quijano said they are now considering Ratcliff a suspect based on the statement of Jocelyn that some witnesses saw the Australian national in Busay and through the CCTV footage of the Cebu Hilltop Hotel in Busay where he checked in on Wednesday morning using an alias Kevin Kline.

Ratcliff also returned to the hotel at around 4 p.m. on Thursday or an hour after the vehicle was set on fire in Sitio Lower Busay.

Quijano said Ratcliff  was supposed to check out at noon on that day, but he extended for a few hours.

Based on Jocelyn’s account, P03 Alberto Diamante, investigator of the Cebu City Police Office Homicide section, said Ratcliff picked up Timothy Wilson in the couple’s house in Tajao, Pinamungajan last Wednesday morning.

Jocelyn said she was not there when Ratcliff went to their house but their gardener saw him. Ratcliff reportedly used his grey Toyota Rav 4 vehicle.

Jocelyn told policemen that Ratcliff owed $500,000 to her husband.

Wolfpack

owing $500,000 USD?

seriously?

500,000 pesos would be some what believable...$500,000 USD...not so much

• Like 2
Paul

Apparently the major suspect, or 'person of interest' is an Australian. 

And, that he allegedly owed the victim half million dollars. That is enough to put anyone at the top of their "where were you on the evening of..." list.

• Like 4
Wolfpack

And, that he allegedly owed the victim half million dollars. That is enough to put anyone at the top of their "where were you on the evening of..." list.

am I the only one that thinks that is a far fetched story?

I mean really, how could someone owe another person that kind of money in this country...the next question would have to be something like, what resort did he buy (or was he building)...someone would have to have some type of filipino partner to have that kind of stash in the Philippines...

such a ridiculous statement in my mind...

Paul

am I the only one that thinks that is a far fetched story?

I mean really, how could someone owe another person that kind of money in this country...the next question would have to be something like, what resort did he buy (or was he building)...someone would have to have some type of filipino partner to have that kind of stash in the Philippines...

such a ridiculous statement in my mind...

It may be a typo and it may not. Either way, the guy died, most likely, due to a half-million (something) debt. 

• Like 3
Wolfpack

I have been owed, and filed an estafa case for more than that amount.  Of course it was a business deal - not a personal loan .  The investment was with a filipina and her corp. And they did try to get me deported and I was advised to hire an armed body guard to protect myself from getting shot  . Several members here were aware of my situation and gave me advice on the matter .  Just because the amount would buy a lot of Twinkies does not mean it is not true .

like you said, you had a paper trail...that kind of money...has a paper trail...

$500,000 USD is not casual money in RP...a lot less could get you killed...a lot less