Charred body found inside burnt car in Busay, Cebu City

Woolf

SunStar

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2016/03/17/charred-body-found-inside-burnt-car-busay-cebu-city-463087

Charred body found inside burnt car in Busay, Cebu City

Thursday, March 17, 2016

A CHARRED body believed to be a foreigner was found inside a burnt vehicle in Sitio Lower Busay, Barangay Busay, in Cebu City, Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters put out the fire past 3 p.m. and discovered the still unidentified victim.

Busay Councilor Kevin Sanchez, in an interview with radio dyLA, believed the fire was caused by arson.

“Klaro, tataw kaayo gituyo,” he said.

Sanchez believed the victim is male.

Police are locating another foreigner, a Caucasian, who reportedly hired a driver, whose jeepney was used in dragging the vehicle toward the sitio.

Witnesses saw the foreigner covered the car with a cloth, then rode another vehicle past 2 p.m. A few minutes later, the car went in flames. (Kevin A. Lagunda/Sun.Star Cebu)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• shadow

• Gus

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am currently in the UK and have not been using the forum recently, but came here specifically to see what had been posted about Tim.   Tim was a good friend of mine. I heard of his death from othe

Larry, I know these people personally, and I believe her only true dream would be for Tim to be alive ..

Ive stayed away from this thread for few days ( actually from linc completely ) , because I was pissed off at myself for responding to a poster when I was so affected emotionally .. for that, I apolo

Posted Images

Mandingo

Bad way to go R.I.P.

woodchopper
read
2 minutes
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
a- a+
Read so far65%

Man, car burned in Busay, Cebu
 Friday, March 18, 2016
car_2.jpg?itok=NhJrE_Yv

Murder? Officers of Barangay Busay, Cebu City as well as firefighters and police officers check what is left of a Toyota RAV4 only to find charred remains of a human passenger inside it.The passenger was later identified as Timothy Wilson, an American who lived in Toledo City. A passenger jeepney had towed the RAV4 from a hotel in the lower part of Busay to where it was set on fire by a Caucasian man. (Photo Contributed by Marysol Reynaldo Sosmena)

FIREFIGHTERS found the charred body of an American national after putting out the flames that engulfed a vehicle in Sitio Lower Busay in Barangay Busay, Cebu City Thursday afternoon.

Busay Barangay Councilor Eliodoro “Yody” Sanchez confirmed that Timothy Wilson, who lived in Toledo City, was the man found inside the vehicle.

Timothy was identified by his wife Joy, who went to the Busay Barangay Hall last night after hearing reports about a human body found inside a burned car in the hillyland.

Busay Councilor Kevin Sanchez believes the vehicle, reportedly a gray Toyota RAV 4 model, was set on fire.

Klaro, tataw kaayo gituyo (It’s very clear the fire was intentional),” he said in a radio dyLA report.

The Cebu City Fire Station received the alarm at 3:02 p.m. and put out the flames 10 minutes later.

At the fire scene yesterday, SPO2 Rommel Bancog of the Cebu City Police Office’s Homicide Section could not determine if the body was male or female because it was burned beyond recognition. The police will have the body undergo an autopsy today, Friday.

But Yody Sanchez posted on his Facebook account past 10 o’clock last night that the passenger has been identified and a suspect has been named.

The suspect is an Australian friend who owed Wilson money.

Sun.Star Cebu is withholding the name of the Australian until he can give a statement.

Yody Sanchez said Wilson’s wife was already at the Homicide Section to help with the investigation.

Initial investigation revealed that a Caucasian man had negotiated with a jeepney driver in Hilltop, Busay to tow the Toyota RAV 4.

The police are locating the Caucasian, who reportedly hired Antonio de Asis to tow the vehicle and bring it to the area where it was set on fire.

De Asis, the driver who plies the Plaza Housing-downtown Cebu City route, told investigators that the Caucasian approached and offered him P2,000 to pick up a damaged vehicle.

They got the vehicle from Cebu Hilltop Hotel in Busay and brought it to the elevated area of Lower Busay, where the man said that an auto mechanic was waiting to repair the vehicle.

De Asis told the police he believed there was something wrong with the vehicle because the foreigner couldn’t start it.

He said he also could not clearly see what was inside the vehicle because the glass windows were heavily tinted. He said he did not know if anyone was inside.

Witnesses saw the foreigner cover the car with a cloth before leaving the area reportedly in a Toyota Innova past 2 p.m.

A few minutes later, the car went up in flames.

The vehicle, parked a few meters from a roadside chapel and was facing a cliff, was a wreck.

The body of a person was found on the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Sanchez said the incident is a first in the barangay as far as he can recall.

Homicide investigators went to the hotel to look for the foreigner who left the scene of the fire past 2 p.m.

Bancog said the hotel management gave the name of a certain Kevin Kline, who may be the person who negotiated with de Asis. The police are locating Kline so he can give his statement.

The police officer doubts, though, that the foreigner gave his real name to the front desk.

“For now, we can’t tag him as a suspect yet but we consider him a person of interest,” he said.

Investigators will review the footage of the closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras at the hotel to check the activities of the foreigner.

Kline reportedly checked in at the hotel last Tuesday and was supposed to check out the following day, but he told the front desk he would extend his stay in Room 21.

At 3 p.m. yesterday, hotel workers saw the foreigner walking back to his room and gathered all his belongings.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on March 18, 2016.

• Like 1
Alfred E. Neuman

Suspect is a fan of Kevin Klein.

SkyMan

Rip Tim.

No mention of whether Tim died in the fire or beforehand.... :idontknow:

Skywalker

No mention of whether Tim died in the fire or beforehand

That's the purpose of an autopsy.  

I find it strange that the body was burned so badly that it wasn't possible to determine if it was male or female, and yet the body was somehow identified by the wife.

• Like 7
smokey

I find it strange that the body was burned so badly that it wasn't possible to determine if it was male or female, and yet the body was somehow identified by the wife.

true maybe it was not about money after all

• Like 4
SkyMan

It doesn't take a freakin autopsy to figure that out.  A dental mirror in the mouth, what color is the throat?
  • Like 1
Woolf

Cebu Daily News

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/89633/woman-claims-remains-inside-burnt-vehicle-was-her-husband

Woman claims remains inside burnt vehicle was her husband

10:14 AM March 18th, 2016

Cebu City police are verifying a woman’s claim that it was her husband whose remains were found inside a burnt Toyota RAV 4 in Busay Cebu City.

P03 Alberto Diamante, investigator of the Cebu City Police Office Homicide Section said Jocelyn Wilson identified the man as her American husband Timothy Wilson, in his 60’s and reportedly a retired member of the US Navy.

But Diamante said they required Jocelyn to support her claim by submitting dental records of her husband and other documents that would prove the man’s identity.

Diamante said the man was completely charred and no identification marks left in his body when found yesterday inside the Toyota Rav 4, which was believed to have been intentionally set on fire by another foreigner.

The police are now trying to locate Ratty Ratcliff, an Australian from Calatrava, Negros Occidental said to be the victim’s friend.

Ratcliff was believed to have checked in at the Cebu Hilltop Hotel in Busay and used the name Kevin Kline as alias. Ratcliff was also suspected to have negotiated with a jeepney driver to tow the RAV 4 vehicle towards Lower Busay where the vehicle was set on fire.

Based on Jocelyn’s account, P03 Diamante said, Ratcliff picked up Timothy in the couple’s house in Tajao, Pinamungajan.

Though Jocelyn is from Toledo City, the couple lives in Pinamungajan town.

Jocelyn said she was not there when Ratcliff went to their house on Thursday morning but their gardener saw him.

Ratcliff reportedly used a grey Toyota Rav 4 vehicle when he went to pick up Timothy which led Jocelyn to believe that the body found inside the burnt vehicle in Busay was that of her husband.

Diamante said Ratcliff reportedly owed US half a million dollars to her husband.

Diamante said Jocelyn was accompanied by her husband’s German friend.

Jocelyn and the German national also confirmed that the foreigner who checked in at the Cebu Hilltop Hotel was Ratcliff based on what they saw from the hotel’s CCTV footage.

The police flagged Ratcliff as a person of interest. He was not yet located as of now.

It was not yet determined what caused the death of the man inside the vehicle.

Diamante said the body is now at the Rolling Hills and will be subjected to an autopsy to find out the cause of his death.

Edited by Woolf

R.I.P Tim , a great guy that I considered a friend ..this is devastating news

:rip:

Was this fellow Tim a member of this forum?

One has to wonder why anyone would go to all that trouble to burn the body and car? If news reports are even close to accurate?

RogerDuMond

:rip:

Was this fellow Tim a member of this forum?

One has to wonder why anyone would go to all that trouble to burn the body and car? If news reports are even close to accurate?

In an attempt to cover cause of death.

• Like 1