Online/internet business

retireyoung

Not so much herding cats, I was willing to share when I was there and I am certainly willing to share now. The biggest secret is to the pay attention to the market and innovate, constantly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• retireyoung

• Penguin

• Balay

• mr_whippy

Not so much herding cats, I was willing to share when I was there and I am certainly willing to share now. The biggest secret is to the pay attention to the market and innovate, constantly.

Penguin, I asked you for meetings at Ayala a couple times and no response! or was it me that was unresponsive?

Edited by sork
Herding cats. Most anyone who is making good money online is not going to share their secrets in doing so unless there is something in it for them. There is ebb and flow in that arena and lately there is more flow than ebb.

I worked as an affiliate manager for about 10 years, the biggest thing you'll get out of these meetings are the business to business relationships as you'll find there may be some synergies that you'll be able to work upon. Also having the support and knowing there are other people are experiencing similar.

I've built up strong relationships with other site owners over a few beers, though I think the beer played a big part ;)

re: ebb and flow.

That's expected, there's no way a webmaster will reveal what keywords are generating cash and why should they. They spent time and money in researching those key terms.

But these meetings shouldn't be about what keywords are making you money but about techniques and strategies work.

Off topic:

Just floating this idea about, maybe we could look into starting a LIC build-a-thon or blog-a-thon where we could build a network or individual sites based on various topics. Gives first timers a chance to play around with the idea of the starting a site and have the support of other members in the network.

What do you think?

The biggest secret is to the pay attention to the market and innovate, constantly.

Good example would be to start a website on Swine Flu, biggest thing to hit the media.

Blogging about it and regular updates should see increase traffic.

The best source of ideas can be found on news sites.

rainymike
Good example would be to start a website on Swine Flu, biggest thing to hit the media.

Blogging about it and regular updates should see increase traffic.

The best source of ideas can be found on news sites.

I've played with blogs and they are kind of fun at first, but seem like a pain in the butt over time. I prefer freelancing and writing stuff. Am just getting serious about doing it regularly now that I'm retired. We'll see whether it pans out or not in a year or two. Lots of companies buying/selling articles on the cheap and you have to build it over time to make any decent bucks. Not real critical for me. Just a serious hobby.

• 4 months later...

I should be in Cebu before january and would like to join the meeting as well.. I would also like to view your e book if you post it.

Travis Elliott