Online/internet business

retireyoung

I was making more than 65,000 pesos a month.

if you've got a real business that belongs to you and to nobody else, and if you've got a modicum of energy and drive, if you're trading in real goods people want, and if you're in a real economy rather than a total basket case like this or Thailand, and taking real cash, you can make that kind of money in one day. Easily. Do that, or even a fifth of that, for 200 days a year, and the other 165 look after themselves. 95% of the people poodling around on the web trying to make a living here just cannot or will not hack it at home. If you're one of those other 5% then good luck to you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• retireyoung

• Penguin

• Balay

• mr_whippy

I was making more than 65,000 pesos a month.

if you've got a real business that belongs to you and to nobody else, and if you've got a modicum of energy and drive, if you're trading in real goods people want, and if you're in a real economy rather than a total basket case like this or Thailand, and taking real cash, you can make that kind of money in one day. Easily. Do that, or even a fifth of that, for 200 days a year, and the other 165 look after themselves. 95% of the people poodling around on the web trying to make a living here just cannot or will not hack it at home. If you're one of those other 5% then good luck to you.

Yes, but I am working 5 hours a day, I'm a stay at home dad and I am living where I want to live. I could stop that work altogether(and I have) and devote it to other projects and the money still keeps rolling in. It's nice that you have chained yourself to retail, but I am happy devoting my time to other pursuits. Don't slam me or call me a liar because I have chosen a path that you failed on.

you have chained yourself to retail

lol. I only keep my places open seven months a year, the rest of the time I'm out here not doing any work at all. Even when I work, I only do five or six hours most days in any case. And how can I have failed at something I've never tried, never having needed to try anything else, having hit upon a winning formula that hasn't failed me yet a decade ago when I was still only in my mid-20s.

I've just witnessed dozens and dozens of people in South East Asia talking through their asses about how well they're doing when in actual fact they're doing shit. With very few exceptions, Only those working for multinationals, and who do have to put in long unsociable hours in many cases, are making any kind of money at all here.

retireyoung

The nice thing about the internet is that when you start a website, you won't be risking much money - $10 a year on a domain another $5-10 on hosting. Like any business some people are making a lot of money on internet and some are only making loose change.

Some people don't see it a "real" business because it is not tangible like a restaurant, hotel or shop. I have a hard time convincing my family, what I am doing is "real work". They have been brought up that you need to go to a company Monday to Friday, work 9-5 and get a pay check.

A successful website is a tangible asset that can be bought and sold. Domains themselves (no website included) are bought and sold for hundreds of thousand of dollars.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

I agree it's not for everyone, but if people are looking for a way to make money that allows you to live anywhere and you like the internet, it is definitely worth looking in to.

adsensecheck.jpg

retireyoung
Is that your check?

No :any-help:

Just wanted to post what is possible. You can check that guy's website: shoemoney.com

Anyway, my point of this thread is that I want to meet up with people in Cebu/Philippines who are or want to make money on the internet.

Seems a waste of time to me arguing about people who might lie about how much they are making.

The nice thing about the internet is that when you start a website, you won't be risking much money - $10 a year on a domain another $5-10 on hosting. Like any business some people are making a lot of money on internet and some are only making loose change.

I can them even cheaper than you can retireyoung. :any-help: Domains run from $0 to $8 a year. 1and1 had a special of 25 free .biz domains a few months back. I picked up cebuapartments.biz, cebuhomes.biz and several others. Great way to try out domains and see how they convert or just hold onto them to see if they can be later sold. Hosting can be gotten much cheaper as well. I keep a VPS for $25 a month and have more than 40 domains running on it right now. If you are game and have the right skills, you can even start with NOTHING. The sky is the limit.

Retireyoung, I am game. If you are game, let's have our first meeting at Bo's Coffee in Banilad Town Center on Wednesday at 2pm.

retireyoung

I am in Thailand now, going to Malaysia next, so it might be around Jan next year before I make it to the Philippines. Can't wait to go and check it out though.

Balintawak

Ill join you guys after march. Ill be in Cebu for a year or so, so It would be good to talk with like minded ;) Its always good to brainstorm,, or just talk trash :D

Whatever you try to make money from, on internet, it all comes down to marketing and strategy to make YOUR site interesting, needed and seen.

ancienrocka
No :D

Just wanted to post what is possible. You can check that guy's website: shoemoney.com

Anyway, my point of this thread is that I want to meet up with people in Cebu/Philippines who are or want to make money on the internet.

Seems a waste of time to me arguing about people who might lie about how much they are making.

Hi,

I am an absolute novice when it comes to making money on the internet

and I don't know who is right and who is wrong. However I am a positive

minded person and would prefer to believe your story.

Please PM me when you are in Cebu in January so I can attend your

proposed meeting - I'll trade you a look at the non-touristy side of Cebu or

a couple of beers for your help.

09-295-283-032.

Paul (ancienrocka)

• 1 month later...
retireyoung

I just finished a free ebook on how I make money from travel websites.

If it is ok with the moderators, I will post a link...

I just finished a free ebook on how I make money from travel websites.

If it is ok with the moderators, I will post a link...

i would be interested in this. not even necessarily to start a travel site but just to see the model. if they dont let you, please email me :lol:

• 3 months later...
About 95+% of people will lose interest when they don't get rich in the first week. I would recommend continuing to build your own network of sites and increasing the return from them. Either take a laptop out somewhere with wifi like starbucks or hire somebody cheap to help with the "busy work" on your sites if you are looking for some interaction. :P

I Agree with TS. Any jobs/tasks that are repetitive then you should consider getting someone to lessen the workload so you can spend the time developing new business ideas, new projects or just head out and play.

Is there any updates with your Online/Internet Businesses meeting?

Would like to know if you guys are getting together regularly.

Bob Ward

Herding cats. Most anyone who is making good money online is not going to share their secrets in doing so unless there is something in it for them. There is ebb and flow in that arena and lately there is more flow than ebb.