Japanese National Nabbed Over Affair With Minor

oztony

what you are describing would be illegal in the USA as well as loads of other countries so i don't see how the Philippines should be any different.  the minor's behavior is not at all relevant. 

Deleted

Edited by oztony
  • Like 9
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• mikewright

• RogerDuMond

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they don't follow the minor to a motel and then wait for her to be statutorily raped, so they can have a stronger case.   They could and should have arrested him just for being with her.   It

Truthfully, it is hard for many foreigners to tell a Filipina's age just by looking at her. I know two prominent members of this forum whose GF's (now wives) looked like they were well under 18 when t

Posted Images

Davaoeno

Let me clarify my previous post. I do believe that there are people in this country that I can usually trust. What I do believe though is that Pinoy morality is not always the same as Western morality, and that some things  that  are seen as being acceptable here are not looked upon the same way in the West .

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 4
Headshot

Thus the need for good judgment or common sense if you are going to gamble on these things.

Unfortunately, everybody THINKS they have good judgment and common sense, but in a romantic situation few have either. When you are "in love" (or sexually attracted), good judgment and common sense are usually the first casualties.

But hopefully it would be taken into account by the judge when deciding an appropriate sentence.

The law doesn't generally work that way here in the Philippines.

• Like 4
mikewright

Let me clarify my previous post. I do believe that there are people in this country that I can usually trust. What I do believe though is that Pinoy morality is not always the same as Western morality, and that some things that seen as being acceptable here are not looked upon the same way in the West .

Thanks for the clarification. We have the same thing here in Sydney, where some things acceptable in Rooty Hill or Blacktown would not be acceptable in Palm Beach or Paddington.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 1
rainymike

I can't judge all filipinas or japanese. But I do think that there is a much greater likelihood of running into Mr. or Ms. Trouble on these dating sites. If you don't have good instincts, probably not the best way to find a partner. And in the Philippines, reasonably good instincts are pretty important for staying out of trouble. Seems like in this case, neither had reasonably good instincts.

ozboy

I respectfully disagree. Mind you, she was 40 at the time :).

DAMN...i was even knocking back chatting with 30 year olds...before i came over here...BTW i met or chatted to girls on Filipina Heart now Cupid in 06....but i bet the dynamics have changed a lot on that site.... :banghead:

• Like 1

i  am married and I don't fool around . And my wife is 46 years old.  But I can not say that if I were not married that if I met a very attractive 20 year old girl that I would not consort with her - because if I said that I would be lying. 

And in all honesty I would not feel guilty about it .  However, I would not present her to others as my gf nor would I ever marry her .  And she would know that .  But avoid consorting with her because of her age ? sorry but I can not say that.

What could I possibly have in common with such a girl? How about a light hearted and non serious approach to things happening around us . How about laughs and jokes.  how about doing things spontaneously .  How about being selfish and only thinking about her and me  - with no worries as to kid's schedules and inlaws and jobs etc etc     

I am not putting down anyone here who is able to only consort with older women . More power to you. However I am not like that .

Nice post, I'm sure many here feel like you. Age difference isnt necessarily a hindrance to compatibility, and when going out to a nightclub etc, its doubtful you'll be discussing world politics....you just want to dance and enjoy the atmosphere.

But this japanese guy, well, it's not looking good at all....

• Like 3

And I could well imagine that once the evidence was presented that a person was setup and duped a big Walk would follow ,

Are you now going to tell me that the Philippines like the USA  and loads of other countries afford the victims of these frauds the same protection from prosecution...

When we start condemning people no matter what the circumstance justice is lost .......  JMHO.

mitigating circumstances. n. in criminal law, conditions or happenings which do not excuse or justify criminal conduct, but are considered out of mercy or fairness in deciding the degree of the offense the prosecutor charges or influencing reduction of the penalty upon conviction.

In a situation like this, is it reasonable for a Judge to expect the older male to confirm the female's age via driver's license or other ID? that seems to be the gist of this matter as well as protecting a naive minor.

If it didn't involve sex and instead was a simple business transaction, both parties would bear responsibility I think.

oztony

In a situation like this, is it reasonable for a Judge to expect the older male to confirm the female's age via driver's license or other ID? that seems to be the gist of this matter as well as protecting a naive minor.

If it didn't involve sex and instead was a simple business transaction, both parties would bear responsibility I think.

Deleted

Edited by oztony
  • Like 2

I appreciate the thought process behind it all , but how many times have you asked a girl for her drivers licence or id when on a date ?

Yes that was my point, I've never asked to see ID....and I don't think its reasonable to  expect males to do this...

If we follow this thinking further, it will soon be a law to get written agreement to have sex w/ a legal aged female otherwise she could anytime claim rape.

If a female lies, she shouldnt necessarily be off the hook....

Edited by hitman
  • Like 3
mikewright

Are you sure?  Even in contract law, it is usually difficult to enforce a contract against a minor if you didn't obtain reasonable proof of age.

• Like 3
RogerDuMond

What could I possibly have in common with such a girl?

You both like to play with dolls.

• Like 5
oztony

Are you sure?  Even in contract law, it is usually difficult to enforce a contract against a minor if you didn't obtain reasonable proof of age.

Deleted

Edited by oztony
mikewright
If a female lies, she shouldnt necessarily be off the hook....

But if it's a child?

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 2

Yes in contract law, minors cannot even 'contract'..  I should have clarified that I wasn't talking about minors - my error and laziness.

Edited by hitman
  • Like 2