Japanese National Nabbed Over Affair With Minor

jtmwatchbiz

Perhaps, LinC

could suggest to members that since we are supposedly grown-ups we should seek the same for company.  if a gal looks THAT young that one needs to inspect I.D's then the problem goes deeper than simple legal issues.

• Like 7
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• mikewright

• RogerDuMond

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they don't follow the minor to a motel and then wait for her to be statutorily raped, so they can have a stronger case.   They could and should have arrested him just for being with her.   It

Truthfully, it is hard for many foreigners to tell a Filipina's age just by looking at her. I know two prominent members of this forum whose GF's (now wives) looked like they were well under 18 when t

Posted Images

miles-high

If she is under 18 she is under 18

That’s absolutely right…

It would be ideal if they could amend the laws and regulations to introduce some notion of “comparative fault” doctrine in that if she (or he) misrepresented her (or his) age in any written form, then it shall be taken into consideration in the penalty phase…

In the meantime, any foreigners should insist the girl (or boy) to get at least a Postal ID before dating. No ID, no dating.

• Like 3
Skywalker

could suggest to members that since we are supposedly grown-ups we should seek the same for company.

Did you check Ian's ID before you ''encountered'' him?  :spiteful:

I am vaguely surprised that the Philippines doesn't have a National ID Card in common with the other SE Asian Countries.

Also, if the Jap National was so certain of the probity of this meeting, why didn't he use his own accommodation, instead of using a house of ill repute such as Queensland.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

everything you mentioned are things we both share together when you are in town and now you intend to replace me with a girl? 

humph!

I often fondly reminisce  over our tender moments together  when Janice and Melinda are out shopping with the kids .  But you aren't always around Fred to comfort me when I need you most. Thus, my friend, I have regretfully reached the conclusion that I must occasionally consort with someone with less face stubble.  But i will admit - given a choice between you and a tender sweet nubile hot 20 year old was a hard decision to make ! 

• Like 4
dnl_grout

don't believe that ANYBODY on this forum can be certain 100% of the time that the girl they are just starting to date is truly legal. Even if her family and friends say she is an adult...even if she shows you a certificate...you can't really be sure. Not even our "great leader" has eyes that can detect a girl's age with certainty in all circumstances. I'm sorry...I just don't believe that.

And there lies the problem...one time I went with old girl friend to visit part of family that was new to me. After being there a wile the cousin introduced me to her ten year old son, my jaw dropped I could not accept that she was twenty nine.

ID or no ID its risky territory if they look under thirty.

• Like 2
mikewright

I don't believe that ANYBODY on this forum can be certain 100% of the time that the girl they are just starting to date is truly legal. Even if her family and friends say she is an adult...even if she shows you a certificate...you can't really be sure.

I respectfully disagree. Mind you, she was 40 at the time :).

• Like 6
mikewright

I know two prominent members of this forum whose GF's (now wives) looked like they were well under 18 when they started dating. However, the guys were shown ID's and given enough assurance that the girls were, indeed, over 18 to continue dating them (and eventually marrying them).

I think you've hit the nail on the head. You need reliable assurance. And not from someone who might have a vested interest, such as a barman, boyfriend or parent.

• Like 2
oztony

deleted

Edited by oztony
  • Like 5
Davaoeno

I think you've hit the nail on the head. You need reliable assurance. And not from someone who might have a vested interest, such as a barman, boyfriend or parent.

When it comes down to who to believe when you think you are being scammed is there  anyone in this country that you can really trust ???  These guys grow up scamming each other from the time that they can talk . It is so inbred in many of them that they don't even see it as doing something wrong.

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 8
Headshot

I respectfully disagree. Mind you, she was 40 at the time :).

Sure...but you thought she was 39...  :cool:

• Like 3
Headshot

Generally speaking, guys who like older women are safe when it comes to statutory rape. However, they are NOT safe when it comes to adultery charges...just in case she is married (even if long-separated) and you don't know it. And...most women here have been married before they reach 30 years old. We all know how difficult (and expensive) it is to get an annulment here...so the older woman you are dating could very well be already married. There are no totally safe bets here.

• Like 5
mikewright

When it comes down to who [sic] to believe when you think you are being scammed is there  anyone in this country that you can really trust ???  These guys grow up scamming each other from the time that they can talk . It is so inbred in many of them that they don't even see it as doing something wrong.

Yep, there are people I trust. I have never had such a bad experience that it would leave me believing most people in the Philippines are scammers. 

YEMD.

Sure...but you thought she was 39...  :cool:

Diplomacy and self-interest  has me agreeing with you...

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

The whole thing is starting to go beyond ridiculous , if he knowingly slept with a minor he deserves what is coming, But if he was duped and this young girl faked age/identity , he should walk... This could be an industry for Filipino family's to extort money from foreigners , or it could just be a unilateral attempt by the girl to receive gratuity's, Either way at 15 she is the responsibility of her parents , it can't be that hard to check her profile on the website and if she has posed and falsely claimed what her age is , this guy should walk , pure and simple.

what you are describing would be illegal in the USA as well as loads of other countries so i don't see how the Philippines should be any different.  the minor's behavior is not at all relevant. 

• Like 6
mikewright

There are no totally safe bets here.

There are no totally safe bets anywhere. Except on death and taxes.

Thus the need for good judgment or common sense if you are going to gamble on these things. JMO.

what you are describing would be illegal in the USA as well as loads of other countries so i don't see how the Philippines should be any different.  the minor's behavior is not at all relevant. 

But hopefully it would be taken into account by the judge when deciding an appropriate sentence.

• Like 4