Japanese National Nabbed Over Affair With Minor

Woolf

SunStar

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2016/03/10/nabbed-over-affair-minor-461918

Nabbed over affair with minor

Thursday, March 10, 2016
rape_1.jpg?itok=8aqqKLfG

Arrested. Japanese national Yoshio Morino was presented to the media yesterday following his arrest for having an affair with a minor. (Sun.Star Photo/Amper Campaña)

THE National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) arrested the other day (March 9) a Japanese national for allegedly “sleeping” with a minor inside a motel room here in the city.

Yoshio Morino, 69, from Setagaya Ward, Tokyo, told reporters that he did not know that the girl was a minor and apologized for it.

NBI agents went to Room 406 of Queensland Motel, Arcadio Maxilom St. in Barangay Careta, Cebu City, at 3:30 p.m., and found Morino with the 15-year-old girl.

Agents turned the girl over to the social worker and to her parents in Naga City where the victim lives.

Morino signed a waiver yesterday, freeing the NBI from liability for arbitrary detention as he will be detained at the NBI stockade without charges.

Prosecutor II Mario Ley Gidayawan gave the suspect’s counsel Roberto Arendain to submit a counter-affidavit before or not later than March 21.

Sun.Star Cebu is withholding the girl’s name as she is a minor.

The NBI agent handling the case, lawyer Donaver Inesin, said they are now preparing a case of rape in connection with Child Abuse Law or Republic Act 7610, and violation of Expanded Anti-Human Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012 or Republic Act (RA) 10364.

Visit

Morino, a retired chef and a widow from Setagaya Ward in Tokyo and who arrived the country one and a half month ago, said the girl stated in profile picture that she was 19 years old.

“She told me that if you buy me a new cellphone I’m gonna be your girlfriend,” Morino remembers the girl telling him when they met.

The Japanese tourist admitted having sex with the girl, believing that she is already 19 years old.

“But I never forced the girl,” said Morino.

Cebu Vice Gov. Agnes Magpale, who presented the suspect yesterday in a press conference, said Morino befriended the girl through social media and arranged a meeting in Talisay City, Mandaue City and Cebu City.

Inesin said the two first saw each other last Feb. 23 in a mall in Talisay City.

She said the suspect then brought the 15-year-old girl to a motel in Mandaue City, but nothing happened between them that time.

“Pagka-February 25, didto na siya (that was when it happened), forced against her will,consummated gyud, (and) were looking at a rape case,” said Inesin, and this reportedly happened in the suspect’s rented room at City Seascape in Mandaue City.

After their meeting the victim told her parents what happened and they sought the help of the Provincial Women’s Commission (PWC), whose co-chair is Magpale.

Entrapment

When the suspect met the victim again last March 9, the victim’s parents alarmed the NBI. When the suspect and victim took a cab, NBI operatives on motorcycle followed them until they checked in a motel.

Inesin gathered from the victim that the suspect created an account “Filipino cupid dot com.”

“So we could assume that her friends (victims) are also using the same website, although we cannot go further nga abuse pud sila,” said Inesin.

The victim said she went with him just for fun.

Magpale said they will visit schools and inform teachers and students on the dangers of visiting suspicious websites.

She admitted an increase in the number of abuse victims.

The PWC, co-chaired by Magpale, is composed of law enforcers from NBI and PNP; prosecutor’s office; medical and psychology professionals and Capitol officials.

Edited by Woolf
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• mikewright

• RogerDuMond

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they don't follow the minor to a motel and then wait for her to be statutorily raped, so they can have a stronger case.   They could and should have arrested him just for being with her.   It

Truthfully, it is hard for many foreigners to tell a Filipina's age just by looking at her. I know two prominent members of this forum whose GF's (now wives) looked like they were well under 18 when t

Posted Images

USMC-Retired

Morino signed a waiver yesterday, freeing the NBI from liability for arbitrary detention as he will be detained at the NBI stockade without charges.

Hmmmm  ok signed a document that says hey lock me up for no reason.  Smart Guy.

• Like 6
Highlighter

Hmmmm  ok signed a document that says hey lock me up for no reason.  Smart Guy.

Hopefully they will throw away the key.

Paul

These guys can't really believe the Filipino government is that stupid - stupid enough to buy the story.

• Like 1
Goetz1965

Who of you can tell if a girl is 19 or 15 years - if she presents you an ID stating she is 19 ?
And who of you will go for and wait the week for a birth certificate before you you go out with a young girl under 20 ?

We all know - if she wants to have an ID telling she's 19 - she gets that everywhere cheap ....

• Like 2
Woolf

Who of you can tell if a girl is 19 or 15 years - if she presents you an ID stating she is 19 ?

And who of you will go for and wait the week for a birth certificate before you you go out with a young girl under 20 ?

We all know - if she wants to have an ID telling she's 19 - she gets that everywhere cheap ....

Yes !   and what is it that you are trying to tell us ??

That it is ok as long as she say she is more than 18 ???

I can tell you that it is still you, that will be in deep sh*t

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 6
Paul

If any of you can't, and are in SE Asia, you might want to start sorting out how to do it before you end up with your ass in a ringer. 

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

They love to use the word "Nabbed"

• Like 1
Paul

We are starting to drift into No-Man's Land here. 

Let's steer back the other direction just a bit, please. 

• Like 2
Humboldt

Morino, a retired chef and a widow from Setagaya Ward in Tokyo and who arrived the country one and a half month ago, said the girl stated in profile picture that she was 19 years old

I get the feeling he viewed the girls profile 19 yrs old , Wow she only looks 13 exactly what I'm looking for

poor child needs a cell phone ...never even ID her after all the profile said 19 , must be true  

But he's so sorry now , I can see him bowing in front of the judge .

• Like 1
SumDumJoe

Inesin gathered from the victim that the suspect created an account “Filipino cupid dot com.”

I don't condone this guys actions, but, don't you have to digitally "sign" an agreement saying you are 18+ to use a dating site like this?

The victim does not seem to be totally blameless in this situation. 

Seems like she was on some sort of "fishing" expedition. 

• Like 2
miles-high

Hmmm, I guess it would be a good business opportunity to make millions (of pesos) to issue authentic, official ID’s to girls/boys in the Philippines.

Perhaps, LinC in partnership with a wealthy, powerful family to investigate and issue ID’s for, say PHP400 (is Postal PHP500?) if requested by Filipinos, PHP2,500 if requested by any foreigners. All ID’s shall be sanctioned, authorized, authenticated by NBI, PNP, DSWD, etc. and shall be of a very hi-tech type including microchips/DNA ID to prevent easy issuance/duplication…

Separately, LinC would sell to the foreigners a hi-tech ID readers for PHP12,500...

• Like 1
cogon88

Under the law here it would not have mattered if she was 27 as he gave her a gift its still considered trafficking even paying a bar fine means you  are trafficking and will be charged for trafficking better learn the rules before you pay for not knowing them

Woolf

I don't condone this guys actions, but, don't you have to digitally "sign" an agreement saying you are 18+ to use a dating site like this?

The victim does not seem to be totally blameless in this situation. 

Seems like she was on some sort of "fishing" expedition. 

If she is under 18 she is under 18

no matter how and where she states she is above 18

Will always, no matter what, be YOU that is in deep sh*t to the neck

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 5