PhilHealth Questions

TheWhiteKnight

Revised form: http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/downloads/membership/pmrf_revised.pdf

1. My GF is technically unemployed as far as PH is concerned. How should she fill out the form? I guess Informal Economy -> write UNEMPLOYED -> and check NO INCOME?

2. For me here on a tourist visa and soon to be SRRV I believe I should select: Informal Economy -> "Citizen of other countries working/residing/studying in the Philippines"

How are they going to determine premium? 2400 for my GF with "No income" and 3600 for me as "Rich Foreigner" ? I signed up online but never got the damn confirmation email and it's not in spam, big surprise. The online form is nice and doesn't ask half the questions too.

Edited by JeffPH
easy44

The price is the same for everyone. P2400 per year. Can't go wrong at that price!

• Like 3
TheWhiteKnight

The price is the same for everyone. P2400 per year. Can't go wrong at that price!

That is not true.

Premium requirements

• Individually Paying Members (IPMs) earning an average monthly income of P25,000 and below pay P600 quarterly or P2,400 per year, while those earning above P25,000 pay P900 quarterly or P3,600 per year. Premium contributions may be paid quarterly, semi-annually or annually.

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/informal/registration.html

Edited by JeffPH
Humboldt

Is there a family rate plan ?

TheWhiteKnight

Is there a family rate plan ?

It's either rate I think, just include them on the application.

easy44

Thats good to know. When i signed up nobody asked about income so I'm paying p2400, even though my income is slightly more than P25000 per month. Never heard of anyone paying more. Maybe that's new?

In any case, if you already knew, why did you ask?

TheWhiteKnight

Thats good to know. When i signed up nobody asked about income so I'm paying p2400, even though my income is slightly more than P25000 per month. Never heard of anyone paying more. Maybe that's new?

In any case, if you already knew, why did you ask?

Because the form doesn't actually make reference to my income when you select ""Citizen of other countries working/residing/studying in the Philippines" . So I'm wondering where/how/when do they decide what I will pay? I guess I'll find out when I print these forms manually and take them to the office, the online form never got back to me.

That was the purpose :)

easy44

Because the form doesn't actually make reference to my income when you select ""Citizen of other countries working/residing/studying in the Philippines" . So I'm wondering where/how/when do they decide what I will pay? I guess I'll find out when I print these forms manually and take them to the office, the online form never got back to me.

That was the purpose :)

Does it really make any difference whether it's 2400 or 3600? You're gonna pay it either way, unless an additional 1200 will bust your budget. If you go to the Philhealth office and don't volunteer information they don't ask for, you will probably pay P2400. Let us know what happens.

Bill H

To be clear, PhilHealth is not like health insurance plans in the US.  It only covers hospital stays.  That said, if you are hit by a beer truck and taken to the ER if you have a PhilHealth card on you or someone shows them your PhilHealth card they will treat you on the spot.  No advance payments needed etc.  This could save your life, but it won't pay your doctor bills.  C'est la vi.

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

Does it really make any difference whether it's 2400 or 3600? You're gonna pay it either way, unless an additional 1200 will bust your budget. If you go to the Philhealth office and don't volunteer information they don't ask for, you will probably pay P2400. Let us know what happens.

You are right it means shit, I don't even care if we way 3600 for each of us it's a great deal but actually I got so caught up in defending my self I lost sight of the real purpose of this post. What I really wanted to know more than anything is how to properly indicate that my GF is not working and has no income but still enroll in PhilHealth. The form doesn't really have a place for unemployed, or remittance receivers, just a job section where you can chose no income. I guess well just find out when we get to the mall, was just seeing if anyone has some experience with this already. I just like to have all that facts before I try to execute everything here. This generally leaves me with a very smooth transaction 95% of the time and then I don't have to come on here and bitch about how inefficient this place is. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

To be clear, PhilHealth is not like health insurance plans in the US.  It only covers hospital stays.  That said, if you are hit by a beer truck and taken to the ER if you have a PhilHealth card on you or someone shows them your PhilHealth card they will treat you on the spot.  No advance payments needed etc.  This could save your life, but it won't pay your doctor bills.  C'est la vi.

Totally, I just want my girl to have something, anything now that shes not working. I also don't mind joining to hopefully get treated on the spot if I ever needed I also have "A+ Expat Insurance".

JohnSurrey

Just pop into the Phil Health office and ask them to help you - all they want is your cash... your gf can put her immediate family on it too - we used to have my wife's mother on ours... we never got any more than 10,000 peso for the mother being in hospital... think it was about 6,000 peso when my wife gave birth to our first...