Thinking of going to the Philippines soon

retireyoung

retireyoung

I am having a bit of a break now in Thailand but thinking of heading over to the Philippines next. I have traveled a lot mostly in Asia but yet to visit the Philippines.

I had some great Pinoy friends when I was living in China earlier this year. They were always a lot of fun going out drinking, singing and dancing.

I am looking for somewhere nice in Asia to settle and I am thinking the Philippines might be an option.

Cebu Pacific have sadly discontinued their Cebu flight from Krungthep, so as far as budget airlines go you only have Clark and Manila as options now. Kuwait are next cheapest. They fly 3 times a week. PAL will get you straight to Cebu I think.

retireyoung

Thanks, I was just checking Cebu Pacific's website. I am sure it is an often asked question, but do I need to buy a return ticket? I have no idea where and when my next destination will be.

Or can I easily just cancel the return leg when I get to the Philippines?

Thanks, I was just checking Cebu Pacific's website. I am sure it is an often asked question, but do I need to buy a return ticket? I have no idea where and when my next destination will be.

Or can I easily just cancel the return leg when I get to the Philippines?

Cebu Pacific's web site is a crap shoot at best for buying tickets online. You will definately need an ongoing ticket if flying CP. But beware!!! If you buy a ticket in another country, which I had to do in Hong Kong, you will not be able to return that ticket in the Philippines. Getting any kind of refund out of Cebu Pacific is quite frustrating!

Edited by Bob Ward

there's travel agents on Thanon Khao San that will book Cebu Pacific tickets. Their website no longer allows foreign bookings - most annoyingly. For Cebu, either Angeles or Manila will do as you can fly to Cebu with CP from both places.

you will most likely need to show an onward ticket. I've always been asked for one each time I've checked in for a Philippines flight without a return ticket, but never been asked at immigration in Manila or Clark about seeing one, even though it is supposedly a requirement. The cheapest flight out of the Philippines, that will satisfy check ins and immigration is the Air Asia Clark-Kota Kinabalu flight. You can't get it refunded though if you decide not to take it up. Nort much of a worry as its only about 40 US dollars usually.

smokey
Thanks guys. That's really helpful info.

The onward ticket thing is really annoying in this day and age.

no actually its great as most of the onward tickets are purchased on PAL or Cebu pacific and NOT USED great news for those two PHILLIPINES companies.

you can at least supposedly get refunds on Cebu Pacific tickets. Last year it was less 336 pesos of what you paid, though I was speaking to a travel agent in Angeles a couple of weeks ago and she said they'd changed the booking rules recently. Don't hold your breath about them actually ever handing over any cash cash back over the counter at one of their offices though, even if it was a cash sale initially.

smokey
you can at least supposedly get refunds on Cebu Pacific tickets. Last year it was less 336 pesos of what you paid, though I was speaking to a travel agent in Angeles a couple of weeks ago and she said they'd changed the booking rules recently. Don't hold your breath about them actually ever handing over any cash cash back over the counter at one of their offices though, even if it was a cash sale initially.

if you want to change a pal ticket it cost 400p but a refund.. ..... on a ticket to the US my daughter did not use... first we changed it cost 150 us then we changed it again 150 us and finally it just expired NO refunds..

• 1 month later...
I am having a bit of a break now in Thailand but thinking of heading over to the Philippines next. I have traveled a lot mostly in Asia but yet to visit the Philippines.

I had some great Pinoy friends when I was living in China earlier this year. They were always a lot of fun going out drinking, singing and dancing.

I am looking for somewhere nice in Asia to settle and I am thinking the Philippines might be an option.

:welcome: There are many beautiful places down here!!but we are not that tourist minded as Thailand,the good thing is English is our second language.Visit,have fun and you will see...