Shipping from Bohol to Cebu

johnk213

Need some advice.  We had 10 BB boxes shipped to my wife's sister in Dimiao (the only stable address that we had)...and have since decided to settle in Cebu.  I need now to get ten boxes from Bohol to Cebu.  These are LARGE boxes (24x24x18 in), each close to or in excess of 100kg.  Any suggestions or experience?

MIDNITERIDER

Need some advice.  We had 10 BB boxes shipped to my wife's sister in Dimiao (the only stable address that we had)...and have since decided to settle in Cebu.  I need now to get ten boxes from Bohol to Cebu.  These are LARGE boxes (24x24x18 in), each close to or in excess of 100kg.  Any suggestions or experience?

LBC is prohibitively expensive to move such bulk locally. Filipinos say "Atlas" moving company is a good bet, I think they're based on Mactan if I'm not mistaken and my memory serves me correctly. Otherwise a Visayan  company like http://www.matiaotransport.com/aboutus/

seemed worth using to us when we spoke to them but they do not unload the truck at it's final destination it's only a drop ship service. You'd have to arrange to hire your own laborers to do this. 

What do you have in there bricks ?? Those are not real BB boxes they exceed the weight and total count regulations, only one box per month is authorized. That works out to 220 lbs per box which is not hand liftable (50 lbs is a 2 man lift). It may be true that there's no real weight limit to BB's outbound from the U.S. but now here you'll surely be charged some kind of "oversized" penalty. Of course you could just repack the boxes. Anyway good luck. 

Edited by MIDNITERIDER
Enuff

I would try and contract a local with a truck.

I'm sure they can find something to go back to Bohol with.

RedRanger

Them some heavy BB Boxes, I am impressed

johnk213

Hmmm...that's an idea, we actually used Atlas to ship them in the first place.  I highly recommend them. 

Rider:  Any Filipino in the US will tell you the BB box rule thing is very rarely enforced.  And I'm pretty sure there are no weight restrictions (other than the shippers if they have one) and that the written rule is actually way less than one per month.  Despite the hype, as long as you are not importing brand new items for sale or contraband, there is not only no motivation for them to interfere, it is culturally aligned with the tradition of pasalubong.  I would further posit that with the current climate of the ongoing issues in the South, the whack job running North Korea and the issue of China in the West Philippine Sea (not to be confused with the mis-named South China Sea), there is even less motivation for the PI authorities to break American balls...so to speak.  

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I had a similar issue when I moved from Sorsogon to Dumaguete.

There were only 4 boxes and when they arrived in Sorsogon, the forwarding company called us since we weren't there to sign for them. 

I told them we were in Dumaguete and they said they would deliver them to Dumaguete for P1,000.

They took them back to Manila and then shipped them to Bacolod and trucked them from there to Dumaguete.

I couldn't believe they could do all that for around $20.

liquido

Are you talking door to door?....Dimiao is only about a 45 minute ride to Tagbilaran..You might be able to hire a jeepney to take it to Tagbilaran and then to LITE shipping to go cebu....

• Like 1