• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan S

• Steve

• Bob Ward

• Art

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen this supposed new visa story .... do you think if I hired 10 maids I might be qualified to stay indefinitely in the Philippines? :lol:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadl...o-boost-economy

Yup....it's been mentioned for a few months.

BI to launch new investor

Thanks Steve I was deep in the provinces when you posted that thread and didn't see it and hadn't noticed any comment on the visa.

Edited by Art
Thanks Steve I was deep in the provinces when you posted that thread and didn't see it and hadn't noticed any comment on the visa.

I forgot about it until recently. I had seen the other day a posting somewhere about it again but have been busy enough to forget, then again, I'm easily distracted now with my Asawa here....LOL

Anywhere exciting in the provinces?

Would this apply to call centers, I wonder?

Foreign investors may be able to avail of the job-generating visa if they "actually employ at least 10 Filipinos in a lawful and sustainable enterprise, trade or industry."

Sounds like it according to this statement but who knows once they publish the full details of EO 758.

I'd say most definitely a call centre would apply.

SECTION 2. Who may avail

MattFromGA

Notice that the investor must always have at least 10 employees or the visa is gone.

Thanks, guys. Me thinks me will look into this. :)

Got me thinking too!

Notice that the investor must always have at least 10 employees or the visa is gone.

Family can always fill the gaps :lol:

If I opened a call center, I am pretty sure I would have at least ten employees. :lol::)

twostrokes

Of course it would help if they would now change the laws and allow you to "own" a business without having to give 60% to a Filipino....So it is same story, same song, spend you money, but can't own anything...

no thanks, I'll keep my money in my pocket and play the visa game as is.

Jim

Thanks, guys. Me thinks me will look into this. :lol:

Sorry you are disqualified!

c. He is not a risk to national security;
A_Simple_Man
Of course it would help if they would now change the laws and allow you to "own" a business without having to give 60% to a Filipino...

Would you care to elaborate on that after reading the official government position that says:

"Section 7. Foreign Investments in Domestic Market Enterprises. - Non-Philippine nationals may own up to one hundred percent (100%) of domestic market enterprises unless foreign ownership therein is prohibited or limited by existing law or the Foreign Investment Negative List under Section 8 hereof"

http://www.philea.com.ph/RA7042.htm

Is it naive to believe that "Non-Philippine nationals may own up to one hundred percent (100%)" of certain businesses? By certain businesses I mean the following, (keeping in mind this is only my preliminary research and I cannot attest to the accuracy):

* export activites;

* agriculture, food, and forestry-based industries;

* basic industries such as iron, steel, cement, mining, chemicals, petroleum, natural fibers, leather;

* engineering industries such as machinery and equipment, aluminum rods, shipbuilding;

* infrastructure and services such as power generation, transportation, telecommunications,

industrial estates;

* tourism such as tourism estates, hotels, resorts, and other tourist accommodations, tourist

buses;

* socialized housing;

* health products and services;

* modernization and rehabilitation programs;

* environmental conservation and protection;

* science and technology-oriented research and development.