Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Don't go Crown Regency Cebu - no service and overpriced !

Mandingo

My niece "interned" there for her HRM studies. A lot of the help there don't even get a salary because they, like my niece, are working there for credits for college. Never get upset with the lower level staff, many times they are new, students or just doing what  they're told and can't do anything because if they do they'll be fired. Sometimes we just need to relax and not be a-holes.

• Like 6

perrya

I stayed at Days Hotel just minutes from the airport for 10 days, great place and wifi all over, free breakfast also. The hotel is decent, quiet, but no pool. Close to Marina Mall.

Buko Beach

Most hotels in the world I have been to, allow you to pull up front to drop passengers off.  But agree with Dav about the rates.

This issue with no parking is a non-issue. The OP wanted to park his car unattended on the street in front of the hotel. Anyone who knows the fuente-jones area knows the request was unreasonable. The area is used exclusively for quick drop off and pick up for taxis, anyone with luggage is directed to the designated drop of area.

FYI there's a FREE drop off area between tower 1 and tower 2. When a vehicle pulls up at the drop off area (taxi/passenger vehicle/grandia rental van) the bell hops are quick to come out and help guests with their bags. The area is nice, complete with a three story waterfall. From the time I pull up in the drop off area to the time I unpack in my room I don't have to touch my bags, the bell hops take care of it and usually one bell hop will stand with my bags off to the side in the lobby while I check in at the front desk.

The guard came out to inform the OP about the drop off area, but instead the OP went down into the parking garage. It was his mistake, but instead of manning up and admitting he made a mistake he chose to rant and rave that it smelled down at the bottom of a third-world parking garage, he had to haul luggage a long way, and he was asked to pay for parking. All of which would not have happened if he went to the drop off area.

If the OP was unsure about which way to proceed he should of asked the guard that stops every vehicle that tries to enter the drop off area or the parking garage and checks the trunk and walks around the car with the mirror on a stick routine looking under the vehicle.

So there's no reason for the OP to state he didn't know where to go or there is no signs, when all he had to do was politely ask the guard.

IMO all the issues were created by the OP's lust for confrontation and made worse by his stand-offish personality. There's no pleasing him.

• Like 6

AussieLex

It never ceases to amaze me how so many a-holes travel from their home countries to third world countries then expect everything to be the same as in their respective home countries ... and when they find out it isn't, they rant and rave, bitching about it and generally showing what a-holes they really are ... I  wonder why they bother travelling at all ...

• Like 7

Buko Beach

Part 2 now - because my friend moved out the next day.

They wanted to ride the deck coaster but they were afraid as half of all floor tiles were damaged and half of the telescopes weren't working.

Welcome to the Philippines, where sometimes things are broken or not well maintained. Cebu is not Hamburg. If half the telescopes were broken that means the other half were in working condition, try to adapt instead of trying to change everything. Use the working telescopes FFS.

They wanted to use the shooting range and were tols its open until 11pm - when they went there its only open until 9pm

While I have never used the shooting range, I have talked to the assistant in charge of the range. If you plan to visit after 9pm you need to make a reservation and inform the range staff you will be coming late, which is not an unreasonable request.

They had to pay extra to go to the top for to use the viewdeck. When they asked if they get a drink there they were told no but can get one in the bar below - so they got a drink there and went back - to get told that drinks are not allowed outside...

Access to the observation deck is not free, that's to stop every student in Cebu from going there to chill and take selfies all day long. Too bad you were such a prick and talked down to every staff member who works there, I usually get a couple of free drink or buffet vouchers every stay, but I treat the staff with respect and talk to them like equals. That's called Karma.

Next morning his gf took a shower- she has hair extensions with human hair in colour blond - after shower that extensions turned orange.

This is bola. The service water will not change hair color. Either she went into the swimming pool (chlorine) or she used some cheap shampoo.

So when I arrived there short after 11am they already followed my advise to talk to the manager to complain.

Of course the manager "is in a meeting" so only the customer service girl talked to them.

As his gf needs her extension repaird in germany this will be about 10.000php - so they told that they dont like to pay at all after all - but the cs girl only offered to halfen the price so they wouldnt have to pay 6300php but only 3150php.

You're very lucky to get any rebate or reduction at all. Personally I would not have wasted that much time making the life of the front desk staff miserable, but you seem to enjoy it.

Then I insisted - as online (tripadvisor) the room is only 2450php - so with 3150 the cs girl still makes profit for her hotel.

I then spoke to that girl telling her if you like to cheat us - get me the manager because we wont pay at all or maybe only the half of 2450php :-)

I think this is the real reason you're so irate, money. You paid the rack rate but wanted the online rate without going online to book it. You keep on harping on it, over and over and over how the rate was too expensive. If you thought it was too expensive you should of told the front desk staff upon checkin and went somewhere else instead of trying to find ways to get the rate reduced AFTER you agreed to the rack rate.

She told me hes in a meeting so I smiled and told her - we have time pls tell him we wait here for him - and please serve us a coffee :-)

She said "ok sir I talk to him" and went off - about 10min later 3 coffee were brought - hehehe

Then we waited there .... And about 1 hour later I went to her again - she was now standing behind reception and doint the job there - I askedhow long the meeting will last - she said until 2pm (it was now 12:20pm), I told her how about us waiting - she answered that she already texted the manager but he also refused any further reduction or compensation so its still 3150php to pay.

I then told her that if I was the manager of that hotel and a customer wanted to complain to me I surely would break my meeting for 10minutes - solve the problem - and then do my meeting again - so if he rufuses to talk to us and isnt willing to come down we will now write down our complaint and send it to the international managment.

That situation already was too stupid to me so I didn't asked her why she let us wait there when she already new the answer of her manager for a longer time ... But I guess she never texted him - but then it's her own stupidity !

I went to my friend and his gf and we wrote a 2 side letter with all - put on date and signature and asked for the cs girl to copy that - but she refused to come out again to us from her office !

So I told the girl at reception that we only needed the 2 copies - as the original is for the hotelmanager and he will need it as he will get asked by his international bosses about that complaint in some days :-)

There is no International management, it's Philippine owned. I think your statement speaks for itself what kind of person you are.

We went off then - paid was already with checkin by american express card - so my friend will tell amex to get all that money back - so he pays none to Crown - and they will send a complaint by email to the international managment, including all pictures they took from the dirty room, the loor tiles and the 2 sided complained we left  at the hotel reception for the manager.

If you took pictures, post them, but make sure to include pics of the mysterious orange bul-bul hair.

I guess that manager and his cs girl now will have some problems ... But they seem to need a kick in the ass !

My "recomendation" is also now visible on tripadvisor - if he likes the manager is free to complain at me - maybe I can tell him about customer service as I did this in germany for nearly 15 years. If he needs some tutorial I am willing to do - but Im not cheap either :-)

Oh you mean trying to organize raves? LOL, you try hard to promote yourself but in reality your rave business is non-existent. Keep sending those emails mate, if it will make you feel any better, I'm sure if you keep pounding your head against the wall, sooner or later some good will come of it.

• Like 7

TheWhiteKnight

I wanted to hate on the OP like everyone else but once I made it over to TripAdvisor, I think it's pretty clear the place sounds like a fecking dump. I don't see how any one can be defending this place.

Agustin

I travel a bit, not as much as other but more than most. A few people mentioned the "rack rate", it's common practice and with one exception I have always been charged this rate regardless of what country I am in on the few occasions I just walked into a hotel. Sorry, O.P. Crown Regency did nothing out of the ordinary there and you really don't have a leg to stand on as far as complaining goes. Regarding the guard experience, I was not there so I won't comment but people, in general, tend to respond to others based on how they are treated. I've stayed at the Crown Regency three times in the past two years and have always been dropped off in the front of the hotel, the last time my friend waited for me in, in front of the hotel, in a personal car, for roughly five minutes. All we got was a wave goodbye and wishes of safe travel for me from the guard at the front of the hotel. 

The staff, has always been nice, not a single complaint and more than willing to help. My impression of the hotel is based on personal experience and not hearsay, I just can't believe that the hotel staff treated O.P so badly. 

Edited by Agustin
  • Like 1

Agustin

It never ceases to amaze me how so many a-holes travel from their home countries to third world countries then expect everything to be the same as in their respective home countries ... and when they find out it isn't, they rant and rave, bitching about it and generally showing what a-holes they really are ... I  wonder why they bother travelling at all ...

This is evidenced in the hotel reviews on Agoda.

Enuff

If hotels have numerous bad reviews on both tripadvisor & agoda then I don't blame the hotel

I blame the guest who didn't do his homework!

• Like 2

enoonmai

There is no International management, it's Philippine owned.

Correct, the hotel was built and is owned by J. King & Sons, a 100% Philippine company based in Cebu City. The CEO, Richard King, was the one murdered in Davao in 2014. One of the suspects, a son of King's business partner, was shot and killed by motorbike assassins some time later. Others, including a former high-ranking Davao police official, have been charged in King's murder and are awaiting judicial process.

• Like 2

rep1

What I encountered there is clearly mismanagment - so the manager should ask himself what to do to prevent that in the future - if ever he is willing to do anything or not just earn his money as long he is able to.

Number 1 rule here is never to expect any change or improvement. Anger and reasoning wouldn't change anything. Take what you can and what you have.

• Like 1

hitman

I wanted to hate on the OP like everyone else but once I made it over to TripAdvisor, I think it's pretty clear the place sounds like a fecking dump. I don't see how any one can be defending this place.

Well, like I said, I stayed there 3 weeks ago and everything was perfect...If something was not up to par I would state as such.

Yes I've stayed at some pretty effed up hotels (mice, black water coming from bathroom faucets, and more).

• Like 1

hitman

'...10pm to 6am no traffic.....'

I think you're being facetious. As a tourist, I'm not out and about during those hours generally.

Ozepete

We have stayed at the Crown Regency many times and keep going back cos its a good clean hotel, good value and we like it except for no bacon at the breakfast.

• Like 1