Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Don't go Crown Regency Cebu - no service and overpriced !

ozboy

post-7902-0-85001200-1456727836_thumb.jpg

Davaoeno

If I tell my bank (that gave me my visa card) to get back my money and I give them a valid reason - they will sure do. To make sure or check If I do fraud isnt their business ! If he gets back the money - crwon will of course complain maybe amex - but all they will do is tell crown "we acted on behalf of our customer, please get in touch with him about this".

I used to work for Visa.   You are in for a rude awakening .  [ never mind that you have little understanding of basic contract law ! ] 

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

I used to work for Visa.   You are in for a rude awakening .  [ never mind that you have little understanding of basic contract law ! ] 

Yup they will reverse that provisional credit/refund in a heartbeat if Crown shows proof.

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

When booking a hotel online, every hotel in the Philippines that I have stayed at requested a hard copy of the booking. They want a printout so there is no misunderstanding about number of days booked, breakfast included, number of guests ect.

Crown Regency Fuente is no exception and they require a hard copy. They will allow you to checkin without the hard copy but they will refuse to give you breakfast coupons and they will give you a hard time at checkout if you failed to provide the hard copy.

The only time a hard copy was not requested was when I booked directly with the hotel without using an online hotel discount website or when using short-time hotels.

There's a rapidly growing middle class in the Philippines and they love to travel, and hotels are targeting the middle class vs "rich Filipinos". Middle class Filipinos travel what seems like once a month, be it Bohol, HK or just a stay-cation to a local hotel with a swimming pool. Heck, someone has to go on FB and post umpteen zillions of pics to show all their friends what a great life they have!

IMO you do not fully understand the way the HRM worker-bee program works.

HRM students go to school and get a degree. They have to do an On Job Training (OJT) at a local hotel. Most of the time the hotel never pays the OJT students, so the hotel gets free labor. If the OJT trainee is lucky they get a 6 month contract at the end of the OJT, but most are fired after 6 months to make way for more free OJT labor.

That's why you see so many non-working and poorly trained hotel staff. When the hotel is getting free worker bees every 6 months they tolerate many OJT to just stand around, and the hotel has the pick of the OJT trainees that choose to work their ass off to offer a 6 month contract. Most OJT know there will be no contract offer, so they just do the minimum.

AirBNB in Cebu is full of over-priced OFW's looking to rent out their empty condos/house while they are away. The vast majority are way over-priced but there are also a few gems to be found.

This is not my experience at all, everywhere here in Luzon and Cebu has taken my phone copy, half the time I don't even bother with that, I just hand them my passport and they look it up. One place had me go to their computer area and print it out, that was the only time, Harolds in Cebu. Not to mention the whole concept is crazy, they already have a print out of it, they just need to make sure I am who I am.

rizla

Is there something wrong with the water in that hotel like a lot of chlorine or something?

I have never heard of chlorine finding its way into normal mains water supplies unless added by the water supplier, which again is hardly the hotels responsibility. 

The op was lucky his guests didn't use a laptop as he would also be complaining about the dangerous electricity blowing up the 110v psu.

The simple rule of thumb, if a hotel does not give satisfaction for a paying customer, don't go there again, especially in a city overflowing with hotels.

Example, I used to stay regularly in one specific hotel in Cebu, I always booked the Deluxe room, on the last occasion they gave me a superior room, some 350 peso cheaper, on my asking for a refund on my pre paid account, they said I was mistaken, the deluxe was cheaper than the superior, after showing the page from agodas website, they eventually admitted their mistake, and gave me my money. I never returned, so many better hotels available.

hitman

I have to agree with this response...

clearly, the OP was tired and frustrated...but the OP made mistakes...he clearly did not understand...

gotta follow the rules...you (OP) want a special rate...go online...that is the program here...

raising your (OP) voice, is only gonna add to your (OP) frustration...they do not respond well here in the Philippines to loud mouth foreigners...

next time, hopefully, you (OP) know what to do...

you think you (OP) will have better luck elsewhere? good luck with that...

When I was in Guam 2 years ago, I booked a reservation online and got a low rate. After checking out, I discovered I needed to stay a few days longer. I requested that  at the desk upon which I was told I need to again book online to get the same low rate. If not, its double.

I said no problem,  so I went to the nearby icafe, booked, and got the lower rate.

These are just employees following policy. Yes it took 15 min longer but I saved half the cost :)

Edited by hitman
  • Like 2

hitman

I'm not taking sides here as I don't know the OP.

Anyway I stayed at the CR Feb 16-18 2016 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We booked it Nov 2015 thru Agoda and got it for around p2500/night.

I would say all employees were great and professional.

Yes I would stay there again  but doubt I'll ever visit Cebu because of its traffic problems  :(

• Like 5

Ozepete
2) Your creditcard company has to act in your behalf as you are their customer. If I tell my bank (that gave me my visa card) to get back my money and I give them a valid reason - they will sure do. To make sure or check If I do fraud isnt their business ! If he gets back the money - crwon will of course complain maybe amex - but all they will do is tell crown "we acted on behalf of our customer, please get in touch with him about this".

Mate, if you paid by credit card and signed for the transaction, you have three very good possibilities of getting the payment permanently reversed......... Buckley's, Bugger all and none. :snap:

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 3

Soupeod

Actually I have found the rules of hotels to be pretty much the same in every country that I have been in - if you walk in and ask the price you get the rack rate- which is the highest rate possible. Often if you book online you can get at least half off. Sometimes 75% off .  Thats the way it is in the hotel industry everywhere that I know of .

Most hotels in the world I have been to, allow you to pull up front to drop passengers off.  But agree with Dav about the rates.

• Like 1

hyaku

Adelfa Hotel behind Chong Hua and Robinsons Galleria. P1200 Fairly new place. No problem with walk ins.

• Like 2

Wolfpack

I'm not taking sides here as I don't know the OP.

Anyway I stayed at the CR Feb 16-18 2016 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We booked it Nov 2015 thru Agoda and got it for around p2500/night.

I would say all employees were great and professional.

Yes I would stay there again  but doubt I'll ever visit Cebu because of its traffic problems   :(

very little traffic after 10 pm...til about 6 am...

just sayin'

• Like 1

mikewright

When booking a hotel online, every hotel in the Philippines that I have stayed at requested a hard copy of the booking. They want a printout so there is no misunderstanding about number of days booked, breakfast included, number of guests ect.

Yep, always a good idea to carry the hard copy, "just in case". Recently stayed in a hotel in Puerto Princesa where the hotel completely stuffed up a group booking, and their records didn't match ours. Luckily I had print-outs/receipts with me and they were able to eventually get us the 5 rooms we had booked.  But with no access to the internet at the time it would have been a real problem without the print-outs.

• Like 3

SkyMan

Next morning his gf took a shower- she has hair extensions with human hair in colour blond - after shower that extensions turned orange.
So that was free of charge then?
  • Like 7

Peter C

maybe I can tell him about customer service as I did this in germany for nearly 15 years. If he needs some tutorial I am willing to do - but Im not cheap either :-)

you will not change the Philippines or the Filipinos. you know the standard answer: Sir, this is the way how we do it, if you don't like it, why do you not go home to your country. it's more fun in the Philippines - for Filipinos.

and you should know, in this country "customer service" means, that the customer serves.

• Like 1

samatm

Adelfa Hotel behind Chong Hua and Robinsons Galleria. P1200 Fairly new place. No problem with walk ins.

Adelfa is a nice lil hotel but not in the same rate category as Crown Regency or  Best western lex..... AND adelfas problem is  NO PARKING available.    But ya its a nice place and i have put people there and they liked it..  Near Chungh Hua and Robinsons Cybergate.