Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Don't go Crown Regency Cebu - no service and overpriced !

Goetz1965

Yesterday I arrived in Cebu 8:30pm and needed a hotel for 2 friends - so I remembered that 2 years ago I was happy with CrownRegency and it was only 2300php per night. So I drove up osmena boulevard and wanted to drop my freinds with their luggae in fron of the hotel (osmena entrance).

Immediately guard came to tell me its not allowed to park there - even 25m is free space wide and offers space for 5-6 cars. His english was below zero (great guard for an international hotel of course) so my gf talked to him that we just want to drop off - guard looked very „braindead“ now - then the blue dressed guy came (concierge) and also just told me „Youre not allowed to park here“ - as a arriving guest I would like to hear a „May I help you“ as my greeting - but Crown Cebu has NO intention on customer service it seems !

They told us to drive in the parking garage to the left - of course I couldn't drive left what was possible (but inside that blocked space) but I had to set back to the road and then go to the entrance of the parking garage. Next guard is waiting there to give me the plastic for the machine down - but he sits on the right side - never heard about that cars are left driven - so I opend the right window for my gf to get the plastic - I was too tried and my friends also to play with those guys …

Thend driving down into the garade - no signs where you can park for drop off or chein - and of course no one tells you - so I drove down until basement4 to find a parking slot next to the elevator. We got out - luckily theres a sewege door that was open and it smelled like hell - we pressed the elevator button but - nothing - on the display we could see that it only went to griundfloor but not further down ! Customer service … ??

So I drove up again and then we asked the guard sitting there where we can drop off and he allowed us to use a reserved spot for that. Then we went to reception only to get informed that the cheapest room stats at 6300php per night when douple occupancy. Ok it was late and my friends were tired also from about 10 hours driving so they agreed )today they will change the hotel because online you get a room offered at crown for just 2000php! So its a total RIP-OFF also !!! - After my friends checked in I went to my car to drive home - again very difficult to see the EXIT signs and while I was going out I suddenly saw the arm of the cashier girl in my back mirror - aha - my plastic card - so I set back the car 2m and gave her the card - she said 30php - I said „sorry I just dropped my friends here and she replied „Sir we have a 15min free parking offer but you were in 30 min“ - then I got loud and told her what hapended and that she better get me the manager - after all I got out free this way and finally gwent home. All I can say now is I will complain to Crowns international managment - as a complaint to the cebu manager will only get trashed - after last night I will never ever bring friends there or even recommend this hotel - its a total rip-off and the dont do customer service like I would expect for a 6300php room !
  • Like 5

enoonmai

cheapest room stats at 6300php per night

That's called a "rack rate". Special rate only available for tourists and other walk-ins who don't feel the need to make advance reservations.

Lovely area, Fuente Circle.

• Like 3

oztony

The hotel is obviously run by locals , thanks for the report ,

Absolutely clueless on how to treat your customers ,

I hope their occupancy level slides as a just reward for total ignorance on how to operate ,

Going by this report the management needs to be replaced ASAP along with the security personnel and concierge.

I have no reason to think this report is exaggerated or anything but factual ,

which makes the said establishment a place to steer clear of.

• Like 3

rizla

Try the Best Western Lex Hotel, up at Capitol, near Fuente, best hotel I have stayed in, excellent customer service, good rooms, good facilities, good breakfast and half the price you paid at Crown.

They even emailed me to say I had left something in the room safe, and where should they send it.

I have already booked a room for my return in July

• Like 4

Wolfpack

:potkettle:      

I know this hotel very well. I stay there almost every trip and IMO this report is horse-shit.

You walk up without a reservation and ask for a room, you will be presented with the highly inflated rack rate. That is true the World over and the Crown Regency Fuente is no exception. You can either take it or leave it, your choice. But when you complain it's too much AFTER you have agreed to accept the rack rate that's on you. You should of went online and booked a room at the hotel before arrival. If you don't have a laptop/ipad/smart phone you could of walked over to Robinsons Fuente and used the netcafe in the back to book a room and print the confirmation. Simple and easy.

When you pulled up in front of the hotel and stopped you were not aware that the drop off is for the exclusive use of taxi's to drop off or pick up customers. No parking or stopping is allowed. The guard is just doing his job by informing you there is an easier way to drop off guests. I'm guessing you pulled some pissy attitude with the guard and as a result they were a little harsh on you. I know a few of the guards there on a first name basis and most of them are ok guys.

So the guard informs you there is an easier way to drop off guests which does not involve lugging your suitcases up the front steps, but for whatever reason when you entered the area you took the ramp on the left instead of staying on the ground floor level which brings you to the free drop off area between tower 1 and tower 2. Instead you went down into the parking garage for some strange reason where the hotel charges for parking. How is this the fault of the parking attendant who you so brilliantly yelled at for trying to do her job and asking for payment?

Why do you seem intent on putting down a place when you made all the mistakes?

I have to agree with this response...

clearly, the OP was tired and frustrated...but the OP made mistakes...he clearly did not understand...

gotta follow the rules...you (OP) want a special rate...go online...that is the program here...

raising your (OP) voice, is only gonna add to your (OP) frustration...they do not respond well here in the Philippines to loud mouth foreigners...

next time, hopefully, you (OP) know what to do...

you think you (OP) will have better luck elsewhere? good luck with that...

• Like 3

Buko Beach

The hotel is obviously run by locals , thanks for the report ,

Absolutely clueless on how to treat your customers ,

I hope their occupancy level slides as a just reward for total ignorance on how to operate ,

Going by this report the management needs to be replaced ASAP along with the security personnel and concierge.

I have no reason to think this report is exaggerated or anything but factual ,

which makes the said establishment a place to steer clear of.

I beg to differ. I know the manager well and he seems to run a tight ship. The OP was the one to make all the mistakes and blames everything on the hotel staff. I'm not saying the hotel is perfect, far from it, but it's a heck of a lot better than the picture the OP paints.

Anyone who agrees to the over-inflated rack rate and AFTER complains it's available at a lower price online but didn't book it online is just blowing hot air.

• Like 4

AussieLex

Try the Best Western Lex Hotel, up at Capitol, near Fuente, best hotel I have stayed in

Agree totally ... I always stay at the Lex when I first arrive or the night before I depart from Cebu ... 

rep1

I went inside once for PRA... It looks dark at a sunny day and no escalator to what seem like shop spaces where PRA is located, most of the shop spaces are empty and look unmaintained.

Only a few months here but I already learned never to stay in any place with dimmed light - cockroaches and other bad things would follow.

oztony

I beg to differ. I know the manager well and he seems to run a tight ship. The OP was the one to make all the mistakes and blames everything on the hotel staff. I'm not saying the hotel is perfect, far from it, but it's a heck of a lot better than the picture the OP paints.Anyone who agrees to the over-inflated rack rate and AFTER complains it's available at a lower price online but didn't book it online is just blowing hot air.

Fair enough , enlightenment obtained by a 2nd opinion ,

I suppose the thing that stuck in my craw was the trouble dropping off and then the parking that followed with lack of direction.

The price never really entered the game for me , admittedly I never seem to have these types of issues ,

Attitude can be an absolute difference between your experience being good or bad , and a peso note here and there goes a long way to these under paid staff as well , saving a lot of self inflicted leg work. :)

• Like 5

Enuff

Try the Best Western Lex Hotel, up at Capitol, near Fuente, best hotel I have stayed in, excellent customer service, good rooms, good facilities, good breakfast and half the price you paid at Crown.

They even emailed me to say I had left something in the room safe, and where should they send it.

I have already booked a room for my return in July

I will be booking a couple rooms there for the charity bash on 4/24, its a very short walk from lex to freds place plus they have a great pool

• Like 2

Wolfpack

Fair enough , enlightenment obtained by a 2nd opinion ,

I suppose the thing that stuck in my craw was the trouble dropping off and then the parking that followed with lack of direction.

The price never really entered the game for me , admittedly I never seem to have these types of issues ,

Attitude can be an absolute difference between your experience being good or bad , and a peso note here and there goes a long way to these under paid staff as well , saving a lot of self inflicted leg work. :)

tipping goes a lot further that loud words...that's for sure :)

• Like 2

AussieLex

clearly, the OP was tired and frustrated...but the OP made mistakes...he clearly did not understand...   gotta follow the rules

I can understand the OP's frustration being tired and all ... its difficult to follow the rules or individual hotel ways of doing things when you don't know what they are ... 

• Like 1

BossHog

I never seem to have these types of issues

you're not german.

• Like 5

Davaoeno

I can understand the OP's frustration being tired and all ... its difficult to follow the rules or individual hotel ways of doing things when you don't know what they are ... 

Actually I have found the rules of hotels to be pretty much the same in every country that I have been in - if you walk in and ask the price you get the rack rate- which is the highest rate possible. Often if you book online you can get at least half off. Sometimes 75% off .  Thats the way it is in the hotel industry everywhere that I know of .