Sign in to follow this  
Traviz

Australian Pension & the two year non portability rule for expats.

mikewright

And if you live in Oz and try to do a dna test without a court order you go to jail! ( Men only! The sluts can do anything) :wheel:

Would you care to explain?

• Like 1

Art

And if you live in Oz and try to do a dna test without a court order you go to jail! ( Men only! The sluts can do anything) :wheel:

I just did a DNA test all I needed was the signature of the other person being tested.  It wasn't a for legal purposes test just to satisfy myself.  So I don't understand your comment there must be more to your story? 

• Like 2

mikewright

Not sure what the point is here. An Australian Court cannot force someone living in another country, male of female, to undergo a DNA test, but it can take into consideration a refusal to comply with an order do so.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 1

sceadugenga

The 2 year wait for Age pension portabilty after working and paying tax in Australia for 43 years is totally unfair.

Many people are retiring or giving up work early and are entitled to live where they please.

There's currently a campaign underway to have this abolished for all those with over 35 years Australian Working Life Residency and we have the attention of certain politicians as the election approaches.

I currently don't have the ability to send PMs here so I hope that the Admin will excuse me for leaving a link to our site fr the OP.

http://dspoverseas.proboards.com/

• Like 1

oztony

The 2 year wait for Age pension portabilty after working and paying tax in Australia for 43 years is totally unfair.

Many people are retiring or giving up work early and are entitled to live where they please.

There's currently a campaign underway to have this abolished for all those with over 35 years Australian Working Life Residency and we have the attention of certain politicians as the election approaches.

I currently don't have the ability to send PMs here so I hope that the Admin will excuse me for leaving a link to our site fr the OP.

http://dspoverseas.proboards.com/

These guy's trade info on who has done what and how... it may be worth a look ....  http://dspoverseas.proboards.com/

• Like 2

Jsteam

I just did a DNA test all I needed was the signature of the other person being tested.  It wasn't a for legal purposes test just to satisfy myself.  So I don't understand your comment there must be more to your story? 

It relates to the different treatment, in and out of the country! A man CANNOT have his? childrens dna tested in OZ without a court order to back him up! In most states even proving the child isn't yours has no bearing on the legal state of the child! Some will remember the 4 kids/fraud case in Victoria? The man proved the kids were not his and the ex was defrauding him by claiming child support, he won the court case, but the F***ing government went straight out and passed new laws, basically saying that it did not matter if you were the real father, you live with the slut/ you pay for it!

I am involved in both sides of this DNA debate here, personally there is No F***ING way that I will pay them 60,000 pesos! next year any guess how much it will be. 

Not sure how many of you have been to that thing they call the embassy recently but  IMO a Jollibee store is more usefully! :wheel:

• Like 2

seram

OK. I can tell you that you will pay 60,000 peso if you have the future of your child at heart.

I could not go to my grave knowing that I had denied my son an Australian Passport and a legal chance at a better life.  It took a DNA test to satisfy the Gov. and so be it. 

How many foreigners do you know living in, or have visited the Philippines that fathered children and deserted them through laziness or just not caring.

I will die in peace knowing my child will be able to enjoy life outside of a third world country because I decided 60,000 peso was more important then leaving him with next to no future in the Philippines.

cheers

• Like 4

woodchopper

the 2 year caper seems to affect returning aussies for the purpose of applying for the age pension!

in effect,,if you qualify by virtue of birth and working commitments totalling whatever timespan required,,it seems just a "bastard act" to dictate for 2 years,, what your rest of life scenario should be?

• Like 3

oztony

the 2 year caper seems to affect returning aussies for the purpose of applying for the age pension!

in effect,,if you qualify by virtue of birth and working commitments totalling whatever timespan required,,it seems just a "bastard act" to dictate for 2 years,, what your rest of life scenario should be?

It is absolutely wrong and a disgrace , and what these dickheads that sit in offices dreaming this shit up have not considered is the impact on family's and dependants.

The whole idea of it is a moral failure and a very clear indication that those making these decisions are completely devoid of what is the right or wrong thing to do to people that have worked their guts out all of their lives.

And the stupidity of it is , that those who have to come back at that age have very little chance of becoming employed , so have to collect unemployment benefits anyway ,

Where as if they were left alone they could more than likely ride things out on their meagre savings in the Phils until their pension was due. 

• Like 3

govoner

It is absolutely wrong and a disgrace , and what these dickheads that sit in offices dreaming this shit up have not considered is the impact on family's and dependants.

The whole idea of it is a moral failure and a very clear indication that those making these decisions are completely devoid of what is the right or wrong thing to do to people that have worked their guts out all of their lives.

And the stupidity of it is , that those who have to come back at that age have very little chance of becoming employed , so have to collect unemployment benefits anyway ,

Where as if they were left alone they could more than likely ride things out on their meagre savings in the Phils until their pension was due. 

you Aussies dont know how lucky you are. In NZ you have to live in the country for 5 years between the ages of 50 to 65 to qualify for the super.

• Like 3

mikewright

According to the Government website,

The purpose of this legislation is to discourage people from coming to Australia just to get an Australian pension to take back overseas.

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/7/1/4

Can't really see how the two year rule achieves this, particularly if you also have to meet the 35 year working life residence rule to receive the full pension overseas.

• Like 2

rbm

you Aussies dont know how lucky you are. In NZ you have to live in the country for 5 years between the ages of 50 to 65 to qualify for the super.

Plus if one spends this 5 years in NZ one has a pension considerably less than our neighbors.

ozboy

Heaven forbid..Hope the OZ blokes don't get wind of this and won't be surprised if we join you.....Touchy topic now with too many arguing over what in reality is why pensioners are getting a raw deal at home........Blame the expats......Blame the Immigration Policy but stop at Politicians taking pay cuts... :wheel: Won't Happen...

greatplace

And the kiwis have to spend 6 months at home and 6 months overseas to still get the pension

woodchopper
Plus if one spends this 5 years in NZ one has a pension considerably less than our neighbors. Like This

and at our age there aint much hope of impregnating many sheep for population gains eh,,especially in 5 years only,,i mean how many good looking 1's they could be expected to find?,,,,,,,,,,, :ROFLMAO:

Edited by woodchopper