Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Tapatalk Users: Removal of this feature from this forum.

Paul

As soon as I can get a chance to do so, Tapatalk will be removed from both the Living in Cebu Forums and Living in Cambodia Forums websites. 

The reason is, they (Tapatalk) states their chat is the official chat of whatever site the feature is attached to. Forum owners have zero control over the chat. Forum owners have zero input concerning the chat. Yet, Tapatalk is making it sound as though it was approved by the forum owners of the respective forums it is attached to. 

I imagine quite a number of forum owners will be removing Tapatalk from their sites as well. 

We have a mobile friendly skin for the site. If that isn't okay for you to use, I do not have another option.

I will not go along with this from Tapatalk. 

Thanks. 

• Like 8

USMC-Retired

I would say I agree with this decision.  As tapatalk has seemed to try and hijack forums with this feature (CHAT).  It moves conversations off the main board and into an ad supported chat.  Thus taking away from the owner of the site.  Until Tapatalk places a disable feature on chat I believe it would be in the best interest to remove it.  Though I really love tapatalk and have supported it for years.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 3

Paul

I have removed Tapatalk. I am deleting its folder, "mobiquo", as I type this.

This is above and beyond an organization just hijacking information. This could also lead to legal issues that I am not willing to get involved in.

• Like 4

broden

fVHUCZQ.png

• Like 3

ckfm

I think we all who have used the feature know it's disadvantages but it also brings topics fast on your smart phone screen. Maybe re- consider your decision?

Paul

Maybe re- consider your decision?

Sorry, Chris.

Not gonna happen. Its files have been completely removed from the server. The hook has been removed from the forums control panel. 

If they come up with an option for forum owners to have more control over options concerning it, and if someone informs me of it, I may consider adding it back.

USMC-Retired

I will be testing a few of the apps available for smart devices and installing them.  Then I will refer back with the results.  However the Tapatalk chat feature creates a liability for owners.  

Paul

My first priority is to protect the members of this forum, and their privacy. That is exactly what I am doing by removing Tapatalk from this site. 

My second priority is to protect this site from legal issues. That is also what I am doing here.

Feel free to visit their site, and other forums, where this topic is being discussed. I do NOT expect anyone to blindly take my word for it.

Please do search for further information on this.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 4

Salty Dog

How do we access the mobile friendly version of the site. I know it's normally automat, but my phone loads the regular version.

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

At the very bottom of the page left side it says mobile version. Just click on that

• Like 2

Salty Dog

At the very bottom of the page left side it says mobile version. Just click on that

Thanks got it.

Kabisay-an gid

Good job! I've never used Crapatalk, as well as a lot of other popular apps, because of privacy concerns.

Salty Dog

Good job! I've never used Crapatalk, as well as a lot of other popular apps, because of privacy concerns.

What kind of privacy are you talking about.

Edited by Salty Dog

Salty Dog

We have a mobile friendly skin for the site. If that isn't okay for you to use, I do not have another option.

Tried it and maybe it's just that it's new to me and I haven't figured how to do everything with it. It  just seems too basic and lacking in functions,

At least for me, my Phablet has a large enough screen to use the full version.

• Like 1

Enuff

roll back the hands of time

tapatalk was awesome and kept me informed

i just found the mobile version and its weak at best

knowing your finest deputy is on the hunt and doing r & d on new apps is reassuring (insert sarcasm icon)

in closing, i would like to quote the late great colonel sanders "dammit boy, thats good fried chicken!"

• Like 1