Sign in to follow this  
exploringlife2

Thinking Bantayan Island Visit

T.S.

OT - does anyone knows or help where to hire tent in Bantayan?????

the tent have to be good for 5x people or 2x no small tent to accommodate 5x no people.  it will be needed accross the water to Kalanggaman Island in Leyte, via Maya, Daan Bantayan.  please help  :frantic:  :help:

Why does it seem like everyone is suddenly trying to visit Kalanggaman Island lately?

Just a few years back it was free, not busy, and I rarely heard anyone mention it. Now I see FB pics there all the time and the local government is charging Filipinos p150 and Foreigners p500 just to step foot on it.

Athena

ha ha .......... no idea!

i presume its the power of FB - words spread like wildfire complete with photos - plus snobbery value of being adventurous ...........

and no it wasnt me who is going to Kalanggaman - just helping people i know ......... but mind, i would like to go if my precious flab allows me to.  :biggrin_01:

miles-high

the local government is charging Filipinos p150 and Foreigners p500 just to step foot on it

Probably to offset the cost of CR's (if any, I couldn't see it but there are one or two "buildings" I saw there), (potable) water and the sewage treatment facility (if any)...

052A0334.JPG

052A0399.JPG

052A0384.JPG

052A0391.JPG

052A0394.JPG

052A0396.JPG

052A0374.JPG

Edited by miles-high

miles-high

Bantayan 6/6/2014 before the typhoon...

052A0451.JPG

052A0455.JPG