Sign in to follow this  
exploringlife2

Thinking Bantayan Island Visit

exploringlife2

Any words of wisdom on Bantayan Island? Any airline fly's to the airport there? Where to stay? I read you can take a bus from the northern bus terminal to a ferry. I am thinking about visiting there before I return home. I read Paul's essay on where not to stay with your Lady.

• Like 1

Nangulo

Yes, take a yellow bus from from north bus terminal to Hagnaya, then a short ferry trip to Bantayan.  Catch a trike to St. Fe proper, or not.  There are places you can walk to from the ferry pier.  I've done that, and got a haircut, too (at the bus terminal).  Nice beaches on Bantayan.

• Like 1

Paul

Unfortunately, the nice little resort I used to stay at is long since closed. It was great. Lots of great memories there, for sure. 

Not sure where to stay these days. Doubt any airline, aside from a private charter would be flying there. Not sure you want to pay that kind of money anyway? 

It's definitely a nice little getaway island. I used to frequent it about every couple of weeks or so, when I lived in Bogo, Cebu.

ROCO22

Air service always been on and off...mostly off.

So it's bus, ferry & trike.

We visited on the edges of the "season" to avoid the crowds and higher rates.

Get on the net and search....have fun!

post-678-0-65486600-1456237209_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Headshot

I would recommend Anika Island Resort just outside of Santa Fe on Bantayan. We stayed there in 2013, and it was great. It appears like it survived Yolanda pretty well (they pruned the fronds on the coconut palms pretty severely). Food at the restaurant was good, and other restaurants are only a trisikad ride away in Santa Fe. The only downside that we found was that the only wifi was in their restaurant because the rooms are made of shipping containers (steel), so no signals get in or out of them. Anyway, for more information, check out their website... 

http://www.anikaislandresort.com/

Jimone

Some information on some of the places to stay in this link along with other information that might be of interest... it is on my bucket list of places to visit on our next trip to Cebu so please post a report if you do end up going, be good to have an update on conditions there... have fun..

http://wowbantayan.com/wowhome/ 

exploringlife2

Thank You for the information.

f3jedi

Bantayan Island is one of our favorite places, definitely would go back!

Unfortunately, the place we used to stay (Hark Kock Kafe and Kiwi Kottages) is reportedly closed, so I don't have a hotel to recommend.

As mentioned in prior posts, there are fairly frequent bus departures from the North Bus Terminal to Hagnaya.  You can also negotiate a taxi to take you there if you are on vacation and don't feel like enduring the bus.   Ferry is a short trip from Hagnaya to Santa Fe, Bantayan.

newtocebu

We stayed at Beach Placid for four nights in May 2015.

Staff were super friendly and rooms were simple, but clean.

Whilst I have to admit that the food wasn't great, the menu was quite extensive and prices were cheap.

post-4321-0-47049600-1456281956_thumb.jpg

post-4321-0-22275200-1456282204_thumb.jpg

post-4321-0-10764500-1456282275_thumb.jpg

Kreole

If all you are looking for is beach time, then this is the island for you.  It is ALL beach, with little to nothing to offer on the interior which is a flat as a pancake and just as boring to tour on motorbike.  However, there were some very good restaurants in Santa Fe, and certainly a number of bars if that's your thing.  There was a Friday or Saturday buffet in a couple of different restaurants when I was there 4 years ago.  Excellent food if you get there early.

liquido

Unfortunately, the place we used to stay (Hark Kock Kafe and Kiwi Kottages) is reportedly closed, so I don't have a hotel to recommend.

The Hard Kock is more than closed...Its just a shell of a building now...I was shocked when I saw it....I was thinking of moving to Bantayan Island...But then I thought what would i do there after day 2?Still a nice place to visit with good people there and decent food....

mexiwi

We stayed at Beach Placid for four nights in May 2015.

Staff were super friendly and rooms were simple, but clean

We stayed a night there the week before it was flattened by Yolanda, quite frankly the typhoon was the best thing that could happen to the place, we stayed at Anika the next 2 nights.

If i went again I'd stay somewhere in Santa Fe next time as you can ride a motorbike to a new beach every day, and be walking distance to the restaurants and bars at night. But Anika is nice.

Edited by mexiwi

perrya

We were there 3-days last month, stayed at Kota Beach resort, which is nice. Walk to Santa Fe, which is not saying much- it is really just a village-not much. The bus from Cebu city takes 5-6 hrs to the port and the ferry is 1 hr across usually. Catch the aircon bus by 8 am for like 200 peso. The bus makes a lot of stops. The ferry is on a revamped LST ship and not bad, cars are transported across. The dock is rather minimal for sure. Lots of beaches and very little to do on the island other than beach,sun, snorkeling, etc.  Relaxing. But to be honest, why go there when you can get the same at Lambug Beach just 3 hrs from Cebu city? Spend the night there. 

• Like 1

liquido

The bus from Cebu city takes 5-6 hrs to the port and the ferry is 1 hr across usually

Im thinking that was a non aircon bus? I made the trip many times taking just over 3 hours in the distance past..I did it 6 months back and it was 4 hours with the road construction past carmen always taking aircon bus.So its 5-6 hours now with all the bullshite traffic in Cebu now ?

perrya

The trip to there was non-AC, lots of stops. some traffic. The trip back was AC bus, and took 4hrs or so, it was at night also. Bantanyan is like a wanna-be Boracay. It has a long way to go, you can fly there for $75 from Cebu in 30 min. There are as good or better beaches in Lambug or Moalboal areas and its 3 hrs away.