Manila Airport Taxi

Boss Ross

TheWhiteKnight

I think grab taxi makes them self unavailable on purpose, because as soon as you do a grab car there is someone ready instantly haha.

Boss Ross

walk down the side of the line up to the senior citizen loading area . 

walk down the side of the line up to the senior citizen loading area . 

Thanks again for this suggestion, it worked GREAT !!! We walked past a VERY long line, saw a small sign that said it was the place for Seniors, and people with disabilities. I asked if this was the place for seniors to get a taxi. The gal said YES, checked my birth year on my ID, and we got into the very next taxi. Looking at the line I am sure the wait would have been 1 hr 45 plus.

• Like 1
throttleplate

Thanks again for this suggestion, it worked GREAT !!! We walked past a VERY long line, saw a small sign that said it was the place for Seniors, and people with disabilities. I asked if this was the place for seniors to get a taxi. The gal said YES, checked my birth year on my ID, and we got into the very next taxi. Looking at the line I am sure the wait would have been 1 hr 45 plus

good idea for non seniors is to bring along a cane on your next trip to the airport and limp on over to the dissability line having your wife pulling your luggage.

• Like 1
liquido

good idea for non seniors is to bring along a cane on your next trip to the airport and limp on over to the dissability line having your wife pulling your luggage.

HaHa...I have a senior friend here in Davao that fakes a limp and always gets the passenger seat in the jeepney...

A_Simple_Man

checked my birth year on my ID

What ID an what birth year were they looking for?  Is everyone over 60 a senior?  Could end up being a very long line if people catch on to that.

RogerDat

I like it when they ask if I am a senior, but no one has ever carded me, so they are being polite. 

SkyMan

For the VA, I walk.  It isn't that far.

is the airport bus up and running yet?

Yeah, it has been operating for years now, I use it when I need to transfer terminals at NAIA.

A_Simple_Man

Yeah, it has been operating for years now, I use it when I need to transfer terminals at NAIA.

A couple of months ago a taxi driver told me that I could take the Airport Bus to get out of the airport area (I think he said to go to EDSA but my memory is fuzzy on that) and then it is easy to get a taxi.

Anyone tried that?

calasiaobound

Feb 26..terminal 2.

Had some fool trying to "carry" my bags for me.."hindi, salamat" i said repeatedly as im making my way to the smoking area before grabbing a taxi to the bus station.. Finally the guy says 600 ..haha...i tell him it'll cost me 170 on a meter..he frowns and quickly splits..i walk over to the metered taxis.. Hop in..drive to bus..was wrong..cost 150...so i gave 160..

Total time, less smoking..10 mins.

No line..just straight..

Contango

T3 over the last 7 months (4 times) yellow taxis between 6Pm and 9Pm it's a 1 hour + wait, after 11Pm a 5 minute wait...ignore all the touts as you're walking out the door, turn right and join the que, keep ignoring all the touts.

Edited by Contango

What ID an what birth year were they looking for?  Is everyone over 60 a senior?  Could end up being a very long line if people catch on to that.

Can anyone answer the questions above ??

Boss Ross

Can anyone answer the questions above ??

Any picture ID that has your birth date on it that shows you are 60 y/o or older.

• Like 1
enoonmai

Guy in charge of the line told me govt ID. Driver's License would suffice.