Trouble on a private jeepney

shadow

His behaviour may have been a reaction to his embarrassment at not knowing it was a private ride ,

Was there enough room? did it discomfort to give him a lift....

I have had Filipino's jump in my private pedicab while I have been driving , the shock and horror when they realise a white man is operating it is gold , 

I just tell them walay problema , and drop them on the way I am going , 

Doesn't have to be hard , just depends how defensive or easy going everybody is  at the end of the day , and that's what we we all want to see ..... the end of the day.

I regularly give people rides. Same in US, I often stop for hitchhikers.

• Like 3
Yellowfever

If the jeepney was still carrying its route number and signage then seems like fair enough for him to jump on.  The reaction when told it was private was probably a little overboard, but sounds like it was sorted out easily enough and without need of violence.  There's no law requiring jeepneys to stick to their route and they are free to be hired out.  It does make sense to put up some "not for hire" signs if possible though.  

Humboldt

I regularly give people rides. Same in US, I often stop for hitchhikers.

Gas Grass or Ass , nobody rides for free ,, lol that sticker on the glove box

use to freak me out if I didn't have Grass or money for Gas lol

• Like 3

Ropes and closed doors might work although that's not guaranteed. Signage definitely doesn't work.

In Masbate City, tricycles for hire are painted yellow. In the neighbouring municipality of Mobo, they are green. We own a red and white one with "Private" signs all over it and a large maple leaf on the back. Most tricycles don't have a door on the sidecar, ours does.

People still try to flag it down or attempt to board when it is stopped - in both municipalities.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/90549-video-of-us-army-scout-killed-in-dumaguete/

Here is a guy who thought he was going to be in a fair fight. No such thing. In the Philippines do not fight because someone was rude. Only fight if you or a family member is under criminal assault likley to result in death. In that case you are gonna be in a fight for your life. Killing is not then murder, it is self defense.

• Like 1

so now we are advising members to commit murder on the open forum?

duel is fair fight not murder!