Trouble on a private jeepney

A few days ago in Iloilo, about 10 of us relatives were riding on a private jeepney which had a sign indicating so.

We came to an area where jeepneys are in high demand and a young, scary looking male jumped on.

He was told nicely in visayan to please get off because this is private. He got angry, threatened to steal it, and more. (I was told this later as I don't understand visayan).

I guess I'm relating this story because I'm sure if I had known the seriousness, I might have gone after him and beaten him up - not good if you're a foreigner.

I was angry afterward learning he threatened my wife and others onboard.

Just goes to show you stuff can happen quickly and I could have been arrested easily.

He probably thought you bought all the seats with dollars and took away his chance of siting...

Why do you guys even take jeepneys anyway? Why not live like middle-class filipinos and get a van and a driver?

SkyMan

Best to at least tie a rope across the back when renting the jeep.

• Like 7

Best to at least tie a rope across the back when renting the jeep.

Absolutely. Or, have a door that can be closed, with "Private" on it. 

An easy to to stop an issue, prior to it becoming one.

• Like 4

It is much better to allow your wife's male relatives take care of things like this. Reguard yourself as the ready reserve. Should the other party initiate violence and your male relatives are losing then kill them. 

There is no "beating up" that you suggest. Once the action starts, finish it.

• Like 7
Captainmike

This content not available in your country (USA????)  What's up with that.......

I know it's Switzerland but I couldn't resist...

whenever we rent a jeepney it includes the driver and the conductor, who sits on the back.

pretty sure he would have squashed that guy rather quickly

dnl_grout

It is much better to allow your wife's male relatives take care of things like this. Reguard yourself as the ready reserve. Should the other party initiate violence and your male relatives are losing then kill them.    There is no "beating up" that you suggest. Once the action starts, finish it.

Diverdon is telling you straight, your in deep du-du if involved "finish it" in short order, at least out for the count.

• Like 1
RogerDat

so now we are advising members to commit murder on the open forum?

This content not available in your country (USA????)  What's up with that.......

I know it's Switzerland but I couldn't resist...

I am in Davao.I guess utube from here is not available in the USA.

Edited by Baywak

He probably thought you bought all the seats with dollars and took away his chance of siting...Why do you guys even take jeepneys anyway? Why not live like middle-class filipinos and get a van and a driver?

Of course we tried getting a van but none were available way out in the province. Only transpo available in this province for our large group was a jeepney belonging to my wife's godmother.

I told them to put up a rope or other barrier but they just ignored me. I should mention about 3 guys did board at different times during our 45 min trip but all departed peacefully except this one person.

Edited by hitman
  • Like 1

so now we are advising members to commit murder on the open forum?

Looks like it.

Not sure how far I would have taken things if I had gotten involved. Beating on this guy after his threats would have been sweet but there were too many witnesses nearby who could've fingered me.

Aholes like this are just itching to get the crap beat out of them. I just don't understand this attitude.

Edited by hitman
oztony

His behaviour may have been a reaction to his embarrassment at not knowing it was a private ride ,

Was there enough room? did it discomfort to give him a lift....

I have had Filipino's jump in my private pedicab while I have been driving , the shock and horror when they realise a white man is operating it is gold ,

I just tell them walay problema , and drop them on the way I am going ,

Doesn't have to be hard , just depends how defensive or easy going everybody is at the end of the day , and that's what we all want to see ..... the end of the day.

Edited by oztony
  • Like 7
Davaoeno

Aholes like this are just itching to get the crap beat out of them. I just don't understand this attitude.

Me either !!    But I guess some people like to think of themselves as tough and are just itching for an opportunity. 

• Like 3