How can I find my EMS letter

aussiekangaroo

On Monday the 1st of February I sent a EMS letter from AusPost to Lahug Cebu the estimated time of delivery was 2-4 days and I paid Au$47 for it. It has now been logged as unsuccessful delivery at 4:46am on Friday morning, I emailed PhlPost and was told that it was sent to Mandaue on Thursday 4th. My partner went to Mandaue post office on Friday 5th and they said it's not there and to try Cebu central post office near pier 1 so she went there and it's also not there.

I can see on there website that there are many post office's in Cebu city so any ideas on where my letter could be or what i can do about it? I highly doubt they even tried to deliver to my condo at 4:46am.

From PhlPost website:

Feb 5 2016 4:46AM Unsuccessful delivery PHILIPPINES Feb 4 2016 5:04PM Dispatch to provincial office PHILIPPINES Feb 4 2016 3:07AM Turn-over item to next office PHILIPPINES Feb 3 2016 11:27PM Receive at country of destination PHILIPPINES Feb 2 2016 12:00PM Dispatch to country of destination Australia Feb 2 2016 2:35AM Prepare dispatch to destination country Australia Feb 2 2016 12:18AM Receive item at origin country gateway Australia Feb 1 2016 4:54PM Posting of item Australia

From AusPost website:

Fri 05 Feb 2016 04:46

Attempted Delivery

PHILIPPINES

Thu 04 Feb 2016 17:04

In transit

MANILA (PH)

Wed 03 Feb 2016 23:27

Arrived at facility in destination country

MANILA (PH)

Tue 02 Feb 2016 02:35

Processed through facility

BRISBANE QLD

Tue 02 Feb 2016 00:18

Arrived at facility

BRISBANE QLD

Mon 01 Feb 2016 16:54

Accepted by Australia Post

GLADSTONE QLD

From EMS website:

01/02/2016 16:54 Posted AUMXBR 02/02/2016 00:18 Arrived at export office Brisbane 02/02/2016 02:35 Departed from export office Brisbane 03/02/2016 23:27 Arrived at destination import office Manila 04/02/2016 17:04 Departed from destination import office Manila 05/02/2016 04:46 Delivery attempted PHZONE7

Buko Beach

Did you write down a local (Philippines) contact number when you mailed the letter?

Usually the delivery guy will text the local Philippines number to schedule delivery, and I have had issues in the past with various forms of delivery services (Fed-Ex, Phil Post, LBC). If you have online tracking they will mark the item as being sent out for delivery but they were unsuccessful to deliver (no one was at home), which is bola.

They list the item as unsuccessful delivery so that let's them off the hook and makes it seem like you're the problem. Doing this gives the delivery guy more time to wait for several items that need to be delivered to your area.

These delays are par for the course in the Philippines and you should get your letter in a couple of days when someone decides to get around to it.

• Like 2
aussiekangaroo

Yes I wrote down the number next to the address.on the customs forms. Let's just hope that it arrives soon as I've paid for a premium service but getting a shite service. It's just surprising that they marked it as unsuccessful delivery at 4:46am. I called AusPost on Friday but they said they can't do anything until the 5th working day.

Buko Beach

Yes I wrote down the number next to the address.on the customs forms. Let's just hope that it arrives soon as I've paid for a premium service but getting a shite service. It's just surprising that they marked it as unsuccessful delivery at 4:46am. I called AusPost on Friday but they said they can't do anything until the 5th working day.

Correction, you paid for premium service with AusPost, and they did their part by getting it to the Philippines ASAP.

When it comes to PhilPost guaranteed delivery dates are just a suggestion.

BossHog

They list the item as unsuccessful delivery so that let's them off the hook and makes it seem like you're the problem.

Buko Beach is correct. "Unsuccessful delivery" is the default status on their undelivered parcels.

It's a bit frustrating and misleading...

but it's one of the vagaries of the PhilPost system.

• Like 1
Headshot

If it was addressed to Luhug, Cebu City, there is no way it would have been sent to Mandaue City. The people at the main Cebu City post office are just giving her the run around. Was there anything valuable in the letter...or did it appear like there MIGHT be anything valuable in it? If so, your letter may never be "found"... because somebody at the post office (most likely the letter carrier who was supposed to deliver it) opened it, and chances are it won't ever surface again (even if there was nothing of value to others).

aussiekangaroo

If it was addressed to Luhug, Cebu City, there is no way it would have been sent to Mandaue City. The people at the main Cebu City post office are just giving her the run around. Was there anything valuable in the letter...or did it appear like there MIGHT be anything valuable in it? If so, your letter may never be "found"... because somebody at the post office (most likely the letter carrier who was supposed to deliver it) opened it, and chances are it won't ever surface again (even if there was nothing of value to others).

No it was just in a standard express post envelope and contained just 5 pieces of worthless to anyone else papers. I'm guessing the email's saying that it's in Mandaue post office is coming from somewhere in Manila.

post-8649-0-02526700-1454824068_thumb.png

i would send her back to the central post office near pier 1, you go in around the side and head upstairs and inquire who it is that delivers the mail to your particular condo, someone will know, then arrange a time to meet that person and inquire directly with them. i always tell the security to accept and sign for any mail/documents, so as to not go chasing mail later on. i also noticed that your tracking doesn't say ARRIVED in Cebu, just says attempted delivery PHILIPPINES. maybe hasn't arrived in Cebu yet.

Edited by Flexm
  • Like 1
aussiekangaroo

i would send her back to the central post office near pier 1, you go in around the side and head upstairs and inquire who it is that delivers the mail to your particular condo, someone will know, then arrange a time to meet that person and inquire directly with them. i always tell the security to accept and sign for any mail/documents, so as to not go chasing mail later on. i also noticed that your tracking doesn't say ARRIVED in Cebu, just says attempted delivery PHILIPPINES. maybe hasn't arrived in Cebu yet.

I thought that if it was marked as attempted delivery it would at least have been in Cebu buy hey it's more fun in the Philippines lol. Will give to Tuesday then get her to do that. Thanks.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I know this won't help you with your current letter problem, but in the future avoid Phil Post involvement by using a courier like Fed Ex. I ship a lot of docs back and forth and wouldn't let Phil Post handle my trash. They are the epitome of incompetence.

• Like 1
woodchopper

I know this won't help you with your current letter problem, but in the future avoid Phil Post involvement by using a courier like Fed Ex. I ship a lot of docs back and forth and wouldn't let Phil Post handle my trash. They are the epitome of incompetence. You like this Unlike Mr. Wonderful, on 13 Aug 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

i agree,,in 5 years i got 1 letter,,the rest disappeared,,totally worthless to any 3rd party but,,nope,,invariably have to go "missing"!

• Like 1
aussiekangaroo

I know this won't help you with your current letter problem, but in the future avoid Phil Post involvement by using a courier like Fed Ex. I ship a lot of docs back and forth and wouldn't let Phil Post handle my trash. They are the epitome of incompetence.

Item was deliverd to Condo today which is 8th working day actually 7th working day as Monday was a Holiday for Chinese new year, Not to bad but a far cry from the 2-4 working days that I paid for, I would defiantly say that the tracking information is fraudulent and was probably never even in Cebu on the date it was scanned.

I had made a complaint to AusPost on Tuesday and they tried to call me and then emailed me back today that the item was in Cebu City post office and to call a mobile number, When I called it I was told it's not there yet so I called back AusPost and they said they would investigate further but a few hours later it turned up at our condo.

Next time I am going to send some urgent international documents I will send it to pack n send first and they can then forward it overseas as I am living in regional QLD there is no other service besides AusPost but found out today that I can mail it to them then they will forward it for me.