Sign in to follow this  
bret

What to do for Christmas night?

bret

Howdy All,

So, I am planning to be in Cebu the week of Christmas. I plan to meet as many as the forum members that I can and hang out during the week.

But, on Christmas Eve/Day, I really don't know what there is to do for people who are there alone. I could just sit in my hotel and sing Christmas Carols to myself, but I just wanted to see if anyone knows if there is some other things to see and or do on Christmas night?

My purpose to be there on Christmas is to experience X-mas in the Fils. (not much happening in Hong Kong that night)

Are there any festivals or shows or other things people do those days?

So, any suggestions are appreciated.

Salamat in advance.

Balay

Since most business establishments are closed I just it home and watch TV.

I am always alone on Christmas. I have been for years. I don't mind it. It is not that big of deal.

But this year I am going to be alone at Sto. Nino church.

That is what most Cebuanos do.

Torestre

The viking bar usuallly have christmas celebration with food and drinks. Check it out. Just go there and ask about it.

mr_whippy

I was in Cebu city last Christmas Eve with this girl who had announced that she was pregnant, and took a pregnancy test to confirm. It came up positive and she implied that I must be the father as I was, of course, 'the only one' even though by my reckoning the numbers just didn't add up. Later that day, and although I am not a Catholic, we attended mass in a downtown Cebu city church. Overcome with emotion and guilt, back in the hotel room afterwards, she had a pang of conscience and admitted that the father was in fact not me at all but some German guy that she'd been shagging about a month before I came on the scene, but who had now pissed off back to Koblenz. I put her on a plane back to Cagayan de Oro the next day with 2,000 pesos as a Christmas present, and back into the arms of some American idiot there who professed to love her no matter what. She had the baby in August, the Yank is driving her crazy and she texts me every day.

Balay
The viking bar usuallly have christmas celebration with food and drinks. Check it out. Just go there and ask about it.

IMHO a lot of the girls would rather loose a few days of pay and even take crap from the Mommy to take Christmas night off off and go back to their province.

I have paid the bar fine ( Only ) a few times on Christmas just so the girls can spend their Christmas with their family.

Check it out. Just go there and ask about it.

Torestre

Maybe I should have made myself clearer. I thought he could go there to meet other people for Christmas, white male people and girls. And of course eat some christmas food and have a good time. Not necessarily for the wild nightlife.

But maybe that was what he was looking for and I misunderstood? if so, I dont think he will find any wild nightlife anywhere that time. Most people would like to be home in the province if possible. Chrismas time is family time you know.

bret
Maybe I should have made myself clearer. I thought he could go there to meet other people for Christmas, white male people and girls. And of course eat some christmas food and have a good time. Not necessarily for the wild nightlife.

But maybe that was what he was looking for and I misunderstood? if so, I dont think he will find any wild nightlife anywhere that time. Most people would like to be home in the province if possible. Chrismas time is family time you know.

Thanks for the info guys!

Your suggestions sound fun.

Torestre, you are correct. I was just looking for Christmas food and meet some friends. Not a wild nightlife.

Thanks!

bradders9999

Thanks for the info guys!

I too will be in Cebu (alone) during the Christmas period. This will be my first Christmas & new Year there so it's good to know there's an option to staying in a hotel room as Vikings may be open for "the lonely souls" like me, Bret and others! :P

That said, assuming there's 'nightlife activity' on Christmas Eve (?) it could result in meeting someone who hasn't been able - for whatever reason - to make it back to her province for Christmas day - and maybe she would be happy to spend Christmas day at the hotel too!

Do the bars, nightclubs, disco's etc re-open for Boxing Day?

As a matter of interest do the shopping malls also close on Christmas Day?

I fully appreciate (memories!) Christmas Day means a great deal to those with family so good luck and God speed to those folk who can enjoy that special time with their loved ones!

I know all the girls working at the hotel reception where I stay had their fingers x they would not be working Christmas Day (AND New Years Eve!) but sadly someone's going to draw the short straw! If I don't have anywhere to go on Christmas day/night maybe I'll spend an hour or two with the unfortunate hotel staff - I'm sure a large box of chocs will help ease their pain and suffering!! :)

May see you at Viking's Bret!!?

Whatever - here's sending early HAPPY CHRISTMAS wishes to you and all the members here!! :P

Cheers!!

Bradders & Bradders9999 (Admin/Paul informs me I somehow have a double Registration here! One will have to go to avoid confusion! :lol:

Paul

I say we could meet a Viking, if you all want. Of course, I will have to get the directions there, as that isn't the sort of place you would typically see me frequent.

Stop laughing.

bret
May see you at Viking's Bret!!?

Thanks Bradders...if I end up there I will holler "BRADDERS!" and you raise your hand. OK?

Hehe...glad I am not the only lonely soul.

Regards!

Edited by bret

veronica
Howdy All,

So, I am planning to be in Cebu the week of Christmas. I plan to meet as many as the forum members that I can and hang out during the week.

But, on Christmas Eve/Day, I really don't know what there is to do for people who are there alone. I could just sit in my hotel and sing Christmas Carols to myself, but I just wanted to see if anyone knows if there is some other things to see and or do on Christmas night?

My purpose to be there on Christmas is to experience X-mas in the Fils. (not much happening in Hong Kong that night)

Are there any festivals or shows or other things people do those days?

So, any suggestions are appreciated.

Salamat in advance.

you're not alone. i'm also stuck here in the city coz i can't board the last flight for another city due to my job. i'm also thinking of how to kill the time while waiting for my flight the next day. i will probably get myself drunk so i won't know it's christmas eve.. hehe :mellow:.. you might as well have a party with the hotel staff then invite bradders and me. that would sound fun! :(

Resident

Ok, I will not be alone. Just a question to ask, is the Christmas Dinner at Waterfront advisable? In other words has anybody spent the 24th there? If not, is there another place to have a nice dinner for 24th?

Thank you

you're not alone. i'm also stuck here in the city coz i can't board the last flight for another city due to my job. i'm also thinking of how to kill the time while waiting for my flight the next day. i will probably get myself drunk so i won't know it's christmas eve.. hehe :mellow:.. you might as well have a party with the hotel staff then invite bradders and me. that would sound fun! :(

mr_whippy

take the woman to midnight mass, except it won't be at midnight, more like 9pm.

she might get overcome with guilt and emotion and tell you a secret. It's one of the very few times you'll get a straight answer to a straight question. Their religous streak is their weak point.

Archer
take the woman to midnight mass, except it won't be at midnight, more like 9pm.

she might get overcome with guilt and emotion and tell you a secret. It's one of the very few times you'll get a straight answer to a straight question. Their religous streak is their weak point.

With cynicism like that, you must not have many friends. I would however like to remind you that there are many Filipinas and Filipinos who read this forum as well. I will tell you I personally detest the way some people lump all Filipinos into a group as if they were speaking of cows. Filipinos are as diverse and multifaceted as people from other countries. But I'm guessing from the attitudes you portray in your posts, you don't get a chance to meet many others outside the brothels.

jackspratt
With cynicism like that, you must not have many friends. I would however like to remind you that there are many Filipinas and Filipinos who read this forum as well. I will tell you I personally detest the way some people lump all Filipinos into a group as if they were speaking of cows. Filipinos are as diverse and multifaceted as people from other countries. But I'm guessing from the attitudes you portray in your posts, you don't get a chance to meet many others outside the brothels.

:as-if: