Women required to register for draft?

Irenicus

You can kill for your country but can not have a beer....have you lost your mind....I was in the middle era where you could have a beer at eighteen, funny after I turned twenty one folks that had not even been in the military changed the law....friggin PC assholes, started then in the seventies but nobody noticed

I think they changed it to 21 to cut down on drunk driving fatalities.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• Paul

• lamoe

• Scotsbloke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I imagine if all of a sudden, sorry darling, pack your shit, we are going to take a couple of years of your life...btw, you may need to cut your hair and cancel your appointment at the hairdressers...

"physically qualified"they say---Good luck to that, ... Out of 23 who volunteered  for "women in combat infantry training"  only 3 female made it.  Women that want to go in combat can and will volunte

With the government changing the age to buy tobacco and alcohol to age 21 they need to make the age to register for the draft to 21   If your old enough to die for your country.... Your old enough t

Posted Images

I am sure that stopped everyone under 21 from drinking and driving. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

I am sure that stopped everyone under 21 from drinking and driving. :rolleyes:

we have all sorts of laws .. murder is illegal but we still have murderers.

• Like 1

Ya know....I had to rethink my position on this subject when I realized we would actually be arming women while they are menstruating

Edited by KID
  • Like 4

But yet they are mature enough to kill or die for thier country?

Sorry bro.....ROFLMAO

You can kill for your country but can not have a beer....have you lost your mind....I was in the middle era where you could have a beer at eighteen, funny after I turned twenty one folks that had not even been in the military changed the law....friggin PC assholes, started then in the seventies but nobody noticed

OP was about women being drafted as they should be - now about drinking at 18  - we did have a few enlisted female Marines where I was stationed (very few) - they usually left together from E-club and the NCO's on duty made sure they weren't harassed in any way. Their looks didn't matter after a few beers   :db:

Kid - Maturity (age)  has nothing to do with  dying or killing someone - ask anyone who served in Vietnam,  the Sandbox, Chicago - pulling a trigger isn't hard / knowing when to say "I've had enough" is"

colemanleeMy point was that they should be allowed to drink beer on base = privilege earned - but not leave - that's the way they handled it at Cherry Point.

Several posts were based on personnel experience -  I was drinking and gangbanging by 12 - didn't really get my sh*t together until I was 19 and joined Marines  -

Does anyone really believe most 18 year olds are mature enough to drink and drive? Some yes - most NFW.

http://www.allcountries.org/uscensus/1045_age_of_driver_and_number_in.html

Number of accidents total  / % deaths per 100,000 legal drivers - notice the slight jump at 21 - they decline from there until over  75

18 / 19 year olds have the highest fatality rate without legal drinking  until it does become legal at 21

18 = 78             3.4%

19 = 68             2.7%

20 = 64             2.7%

21 = 66             2.7%

22 = 62             2.7%

23 = 52             2.3%

• 13% of driver deaths for 16-20 year olds were alcohol-related - (anyone say it wouldn't be higher than 43%? - my guess is 75%)
  • 43% of driver deaths for 21-25 year olds were alcohol-related
  • Like 1

By the time they get through training they're done.

Basic training is 6 weeks long in the Army, a couple weeks more for other services (and the military would subtract training time from the time to be served as they currently do with people who volunteer).....and included in that training is all the necessary skills any private in their first year of service would need in a regular unit while not on depoyment (cleaning toilets, waxing floors, taking out the trash and then finding as many ways to get out of those duties as possible).

The military wouldn't be training anyone to be nuclear engineers for 1 year, or even 3-4 year, mandatory service. AIT would not be necessary. They would be doing grunt work. Getting real jobs could be reserved for those that opted to stay in the military and make a career out of it. I believe that the Italian military does something like this. They have mandatory service for 1-3 years.....but the down side is they don't have contracts that last 2-10 years like the US, when you join the Italian military it is a permanent move and they can retire when they hit a certain age. Could be wrong on that one though. Been awhile since I worked with them and the guys didn't speak great English.

Ya know....I had to rethink my position on this subject when I realized we would actually be arming women while they are menstruating

Now, THAT is some funny shit. :D :D

• Like 1

Also worth noting that Israel and Switzerland (mentioned in this thread) are tiny countries. The US has 300+ million people. The military would be freakin' huge if every person who turned 18 every year was forced to join the service.

CIA World Factbook: 

male: 2,161,727
female: 2,055,685 (2010 est.)

Our military would stay around 5 million people if we forced people to join for a year....more than triple that if the requirement was 4 years of service. The cost just to feed that many people would be insane. 
  • Like 1

The military would be freakin' huge if every person who turned 18 every year was forced to join the service.

I have NO problems in having a strong military. Look how strong our military was under Reagan. I would be all for that, again - and more. 

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

we may have a problem paying for everyone to be in the military

i'd rather have a military full of people that want to be there and that we can afford to keep there longer than one filled with people who constantly turn over and may not want to be there so much

i would trust people who want to be there and want to be there longer term to do a better job

i'd rather allocate my resources that way

• Like 1

we may have a problem paying for everyone to be in the military

i'd rather have a military full of people that want to be there and that we can afford to keep there longer than one filled with people who constantly turn over and may not want to be there so much

i would trust people who want to be there and want to be there longer term to do a better job

i'd rather allocate my resources that way

Doesn't have to be military - dad was in CCC (Civil Conservation Corps)

Something  / anything  - boot camp (minus weapons) to get over the snowflake mentality - then  let them chose  - 

• Like 1
JonnyBravo

I remember during NCOA we had this as one of our discussions. At face value it seems to be fair, women want to be a mans equal from who wears the pants at home to who carries a gun on a field leading a band of men. But when you actually peel back the banana, if memory serves me right I think less than < 1% of women want to fight in a combat role. So in other words you have a very very small minority of bull dog women who want to fight in combat and push these ideas through to congress and legislation. Hence the ripple effect on the women as a whole; Oh all women really want this equality stuff.... No... no they really don't when it comes to combat. There is a difference between wanting to get paid the same as a man for doing the same job in business than compared to combat in war. So the real general opinion was no they don't want combat. Next was how are women combatants treated in the field? It was noticed by the military that teams made up of women that were overtaking positions (beating the enemy) found that the enemy was less likely to surrender to a female team compared to a male team. The enemy refuses to lose to females. Next was female POWs are not treated the same as men. Women normally go through more torture and are raped more often than not. Physical standards, to this day females do not have to do what a man has to do. Be it a PT exam or fitness exam or day to day job. They aren't built the same. Someone mentioned menstruation as a joke but they are known to lose about 50% of their strength. Now add that to a combat scenario and you can see that this combination isn't the best for national security. The military knows that women getting hurt/killed in battle also messes with the mans psyche. It is in a mans nature to protect the weaker and in these situations he can't. Call it chivalry. There really isn't much good that will come from it. War has always been a mans game. To me this is a step backwards but that seems to be the new norm in a politically correct society. 

Edited by JonnyBravo
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Doesn't have to be military - dad was in CCC (Civil Conservation Corps)

Something  / anything  - boot camp (minus weapons) to get over the snowflake mentality - then  let them chose  - 

while i think people should do things 

i don't think they should be forced to

i feel the same way about charity

i am big on charity.. we give a very large percentage of our income to various charities

i don't like enforced charity however.. and i find that our government does that in some cases

i would rather see people who chose to do things civil service wise get benefits those who don't do civil service do not

and that is really already the case.. i have no problem with people joining the military for the benefits

the government already has too much power over the people for my taste

Headshot

I don't know how the other services handle it, but in the US Air Force, women have to have an implant put in their arm that prevents them from having a period for six months BEFORE they deploy to a hostile area. If they are there longer than six months, the implant is removed and replaced with a new one. Instead of going through menstruation cycles every month, they are in a constant state of PMS, which is their normal state anyway.

while i think people should do things 

i don't think they should be forced to

i feel the same way about charity

i am big on charity.. we give a very large percentage of our income to various charities

i don't like enforced charity however.. and i find that our government does that in some cases

i would rather see people who chose to do things civil service wise get benefits those who don't do civil service do not

and that is really already the case.. i have no problem with people joining the military for the benefits

the government already has too much power over the people for my taste

We are seeing what the "you don't have to do it if you don't feel like it" mentality is doing to the US. 

Hey I'll get my bennies and I don't have to do anything  to get them them.

I don't want to pay taxes, support those who don't deserve it, etc., etc.

Charity, welfare, social programs  - same, same.  One voluntary the others forced

JonnyBravo - I agree - just like anything else - if the majority allow a fringe group to dictate their focus then they have no one to blame other then themselves.

Edited by lamoe