Women required to register for draft?

Be careful what some of your fringe ask for they may get it for you also.

So, if women are over 50% of population should they also be over 50% of draft - if needed?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/02/politics/women-military-draft-generals/index.html

"(CNN)Two of the U.S. military service chiefs believe women should now be required to register for the draft after the Defense Department opened up all combat jobs to women.

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller and Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley agreed that the current policy, which requires only males register for the Selective Service System, should be changed after restrictions that barred women from trying out for combat jobs were lifted last year.

"Every American who's physically qualified should register for the draft," said Neller at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Tuesday that examined the new policy to admit women into combat units.

"I think that all eligible and qualified men and women should register for the draft," Milley added."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• broden

• lamoe

• Scotsbloke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I imagine if all of a sudden, sorry darling, pack your shit, we are going to take a couple of years of your life...btw, you may need to cut your hair and cancel your appointment at the hairdressers...

"physically qualified"they say---Good luck to that, ... Out of 23 who volunteered  for "women in combat infantry training"  only 3 female made it.  Women that want to go in combat can and will volunte

With the government changing the age to buy tobacco and alcohol to age 21 they need to make the age to register for the draft to 21   If your old enough to die for your country.... Your old enough t

Posted Images

If they really want to be seen as equal they most certainly should have to register for the draft. 

• Like 1

With the government changing the age to buy tobacco and alcohol to age 21 they need to make the age to register for the draft to 21

If your old enough to die for your country.... Your old enough to drink booze and smoke a cigarette

I agree women should register for the draft

I also believe two year military service should be mandatory

• Like 5
Headshot

or stop draft for all male citizens?

The US military hasn't drafted anybody since 1972. It is an all-volunteer force. However, we have no idea what the future holds, so 18-year-olds still have to register for the draft, just in case the country needs them at some point in the future. After registration, they can be drafted at any point until they are 26 years old. That is how the US Selective Service system works.

If they really want to be seen as equal they most certainly should have to register for the draft. 

Damned skippy. Personally, I have been adamantly against women being in positions of combat. However, if they are going to be AND want all this equality bullshit to go along with it, then by all means, put their little asses on the list as well. You want to be a man, honey? Fine with me. 

Furthermore, I have felt that ALL males, after high school, should be required to do a three or four years stretch in branch of their choice. Now, I am happy to say that, since I am now in support of all these gals serving in combat situations, ALL American Citizens should be required to do mandatory service for their country, for three or four years after graduating high school.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 5
colemanlee

I imagine if all of a sudden, sorry darling, pack your shit, we are going to take a couple of years of your life...btw, you may need to cut your hair and cancel your appointment at the hairdressers....you would see a sudden change of attitude to a lot of feminist...

• Like 6

you would see a sudden change of attitude to a lot of feminist...

That's a no shitter there, fer sher.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I imagine if all of a sudden, sorry darling, pack your shit, we are going to take a couple of years of your life...btw, you may need to cut your hair and cancel your appointment at the hairdressers....you would see a sudden change of attitude to a lot of feminist...

you would see a baby boom

With the government changing the age to buy tobacco and alcohol to age 21 they need to make the age to register for the draft to 21

If your old enough to die for your country.... Your old enough to drink booze and smoke a cigarette

I agree women should register for the draft

I also believe two year military service should be mandatory

The 18 limit was established to coincide with the typical graduation from high school - fed law

State law is what determines drinking age  - can drink on mil bases DEPENDING 

Typical 18 year old doesn't have the mature judgement to drink and drive - in combat very little chance of them having any responsibility other than to follow orders.

Edit: Now sure how it is now - do they card at snuffy clubs? When I was in Millington and Cherry Point  - no -  but also weren't allowed personnel cars if less that E-4 (unless married - I was) also guards were very serious about checking cars leaving base on Fri / Sat nights if loaded with E-2 / 3s.

"In the "old days" anyone on active duty could consume alcohol on military installations, regardless of the legal drinking age off-base.

However, in the mid-80s, advocacy groups, such as MADD (Mothers Against Drunken Drivers) lobbied Congress to change this. Federal law (United States CodeTitle 10, Section 2683) requires military installation commanders to adopt the same drinking age as the state the military base is located in.

The only exception to this rule is if the base is located within 50 miles of Canada or Mexico, or a state with a lower drinking age, the installation commander may adopt the lower drinking age for military personnel on base."

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

Typical 18 year old doesn't have the mature judgement to drink and drive - in combat very little chance of them having any responsibility other than to follow orders.

But yet they are mature enough to kill or die for thier country?

Sorry bro.....ROFLMAO

Edited by KID
  • Like 2
colemanlee

You can kill for your country but can not have a beer....have you lost your mind....I was in the middle era where you could have a beer at eighteen, funny after I turned twenty one folks that had not even been in the military changed the law....friggin PC assholes, started then in the seventies but nobody noticed

• Like 1
Mandingo

I agree with the idea but what would happen is you'd see a bunch of pregnant 18 year old girls in the event of an actual draft. It would be that easy for them to get out of it.

It would be that easy for them to get out of it.

Then, they need to decide which way they want this to go. 

Again, I feel women should NOT be in combat. But, that's just the chauvinistic side of me talking.

I have always felt it was pretty stupid for a man to be able to die for his country at 18, but not be allowed to have a damned beer at that same age. Ludicrous. 

• Like 2