Philippine Airlines rocks!

I am planning to take the safest airline in the world (?) Qantas next month, my first time and will see…

And then there's that law of averages thing lol

I have rarely had a good experience on CP...

I always have a great time. I like to play "Guess the departure gate' game in Muhneela.

• Like 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• Buko Beach

• Monsoon

• batman2525

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All my flights were thru them. Despite all the negative comments I had read, I totally disagree. The flight there from SF was fine, the meals decent, took 15 hrs. Landed at Term 1 and free shuttle too

When it's good, it's very, very good... but when it's bad it's horrid.

Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific in Economy class are much better\nicer options than PAL. Why anyone pays more $$$ to fly on PAL is beyond me. Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible t

Posted Images

Davaoeno

And then there's that law of averages thing lol

and of course chaos theory !!    Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.

SkyMan

When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.

So like when you give your wife a new vacuum instead of diamond earrings? I can see a present like that determine you ain't gettin much sex in the future.
  • Like 1
SkyMan

So I'm booking my flight to the US on PAL and when it gets to seat selection, some of the cattle class seats are coded as "fiesta forward seating" and the best seats are listed as "choice economy seats"  It didn't say anything about an extra charge so I picked the best seats to see if the price would change and it didn't.  Now I'm wondering if I'm going to get hit with some charge when I check in or some bait and switch bs like that.  Anyone experienced that?

TheWhiteKnight

I have never had to change terminals when coming from Vancouver on my way to Davao .

I see why you had to :

PAL SFO-MNL flights to arrive in NAIA Terminal 1

All Philippine Airlines San Francisco-Manila flights arriving from December 8, 2015 to March 24, 2016 will be utilizing Terminal 1 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) as the 'airport of arrival'.

The SFO-MNL flights arriving at NAIA T1 during this period are PR105 and PR115. Passengers of other international flights will disembark in terminal 2.

Utilizing Terminals 1 and 2 for arriving US flights will mitigate the effects of peak travel period.

PAL will provide passengers of these flights (PR105/ 115) information on their new terminal assignment by way of email notification, airport advisories and on-board announcements.

Upon arrival in NAIA T1, airport ground staff will meet passengers with connecting flights (in T2 and T3)upon disembarkation and guide them through arrival area (immigration/carousel, customs) until the transfer area where the shuttle buses are situated.

There will be specific shuttle buses for terminal 2 and 3. Airport staff will be onboard the buses to assist passengers en route to the other terminals for their domestic or international connections.

Terminals at NAIA Airport

There are 4 terminals:

Terminal 1: NAIA Terminal - International flights except Philippine AirlinesPAL ExpressCebu PacificAirAsia ZestTigerair PhilippinesAll Nippon AirwaysCathay PacificDelta Air LinesKLMEmirates, and Singapore Airlines

- Terminal 2: Centennial Terminal - All Philippine Airlines flights only, and it is divided into two wings: North wing for International Flights, South wing for Domestic Flights.

Terminal 3: NAIA International Terminal - International flights not served at Terminal 1. Is the newest and biggest terminal.

Domestic Terminal - All domestic flights other than Philippine Airlines

A new terminal is currently in design stage for the budget airlines

In the last 6 years I have booked maybe 16-20 ?  Cebu Pacific domestic flights. Only one was delayed.  None were cancelled

I've been on a bunch of CP flights that left 30 minutes early.

• Like 2
SkyMan

I've been on a bunch of CP flights that left 30 minutes early.

Must have been an early morning flight.

TheWhiteKnight

Must have been an early morning flight.

yeah the 4 AM from CEB -> CRK

Buko Beach

So I'm booking my flight to the US on PAL and when it gets to seat selection, some of the cattle class seats are coded as "fiesta forward seating" and the best seats are listed as "choice economy seats"  It didn't say anything about an extra charge so I picked the best seats to see if the price would change and it didn't.  Now I'm wondering if I'm going to get hit with some charge when I check in or some bait and switch bs like that.  Anyone experienced that?

Are you sure you have confirmed seat choices for both your outbound and inbound PAL flights? Check your confirmation email carefully. Look for your ticket number and directly under the ticket number should be your seat choices for both flights. If your seat choices do not appear on the confirmation email, you probably previewed your seat choice but did not confirm it.

You can preview the seat plan for the flight before booking. After you have reviewed your flight details and chosen your preferred flight class (budget economy-economy-business) you click "NEXT" button. That takes you to another page where your trip itinerary is displayed with more detail and PAL tries to charge you for travel tax or trip insurance. You click "NEXT" to go to the following page where you have to input all your passenger info and credit card details and click "NEXT" one more time.

After you have paid for your flight PAL offers you the choice to choose your seats for an additional fee. PAL charges $20USD/CAD for a fiesta forward seat and $50USD/CAD for an exit row seat.

Sometimes PAL includes the additional charges for advance seat selection with the fare and it appears as one charge on my credit card, and there have been other instances where PAL billed my credit card separately for my advance seat options.

If you're still not sure if you have confirmed seat choices you can always call PAL at 1-800-435-9725 USA-Canada or the local number (032) 340-0191 Cebu. The North American number provides good customer service but the domestic PAL numbers are a nightmare.

SkyMan

PAL tries to charge you for travel tax
Actually, I check the exchange rate for the Travel Tax and it seemed pretty good to me.  Easier to include it in the seat charge than pay cash at the airport.

You click "NEXT" to go to the following page where you have to input all your passenger info and credit card details and click "NEXT" one more time.
It hadn't asked for credit card info yet, just personal stuff.  Then it let me do seat selection which I did choosing the best seats and then it wanted CC info and the price hadn't changed.

yeah the 4 AM from CEB -> CRK
The early AM flights are those mroe likely on time.  Through the day any delay causes the next flight further delays and so on.
SkyMan

Are you sure you have confirmed seat choices for both your outbound and inbound PAL flights? Check your confirmation email carefully. Look for your ticket number and directly under the ticket number should be your seat choices for both flights. If your seat choices do not appear on the confirmation email, you probably previewed your seat choice but did not confirm it.
Went ahead and actually bought the seats today.  I went ahead to see if I could get those same seats and if I'd be charged.  The price didn't change when I selected them and they are there on my booking confirmation.  There are a lot of seats still available on the flights and I know it doesn't sound logical but maybe there are so many seats available they don't care about the premium seat charges?  These flights are in May and June so I'd think they were still planning to sell a bunch of seats yet.
  • Like 1
calasiaobound

They're advertising $40 one way from Guam to Manila on Guam radio

Buko Beach

Went ahead and actually bought the seats today.  I went ahead to see if I could get those same seats and if I'd be charged.  The price didn't change when I selected them and they are there on my booking confirmation.  There are a lot of seats still available on the flights and I know it doesn't sound logical but maybe there are so many seats available they don't care about the premium seat charges?  These flights are in May and June so I'd think they were still planning to sell a bunch of seats yet.

Very interesting development, what route is this on, and did you book online using philippineairlines.com?

Buko Beach

They're advertising $40 one way from Guam to Manila on Guam radio

PAL is being forced to reduce fares on the MNL-Guam route due to competition from Cebu Pacific, which starts MNL-Guam flights in March.

SkyMan

Very interesting development, what route is this on, and did you book online using philippineairlines.com?

Yes, online.  It's the new direct CEB-LAX-CEB.  Long flights (14Hrs there, 16.5Hrs back) but no layover at all, no connecting flight, no missed connecting flight.  We'll bring some of our own food and entertainment.  A few Ambien and we'll probably sleep through most of it anyway.  Only drawback is getting in to LAX after 6PM.

• Like 1
calasiaobound

PAL is being forced to reduce fares on the MNL-Guam route due to competition from Cebu Pacific, which starts MNL-Guam flights in March.

I can't find any open dates on either airline.. All sold out haha

• Like 1