Philippine Airlines rocks!

batman2525

Filipinos do NOT make errors!

Lets hope their Maintenance guys dont make any errors.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• Buko Beach

• Monsoon

• batman2525

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All my flights were thru them. Despite all the negative comments I had read, I totally disagree. The flight there from SF was fine, the meals decent, took 15 hrs. Landed at Term 1 and free shuttle too

When it's good, it's very, very good... but when it's bad it's horrid.

Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific in Economy class are much better\nicer options than PAL. Why anyone pays more $$$ to fly on PAL is beyond me. Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible t

Posted Images

miles-high

Only about 30 plus of their accidents were pilot error.

Well, thank you. I clarified my statement above - I would still choose PAL over any Korean airlines, certain Chinese airlines, Malaysian, Indonesian airlines or many LCC's... People fly with those airlines for price or whatever reason, that is their choice. I have lived long enough by my own way of working with percentages...

Actually Korean Airlines offers one of the best services in Asia.

As for their safety record, they did have a run of bad accidents. After that they employed Western management that deployed better training standards and implemented CRM to western standards. Since then their accident rate (due to pilot error) plummeted.

I fly Korean Airlines often and won't hesitate to use them.

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I'm not a big fan of either Philippine based airline.PAL is just the lesser of two evils. Cebu Pathetic is run by idiots and is a disaster waiting to happen. Unfortunately it is not a question of if, but when. Competency is not exactly rampant in the Philippijes.

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Korean airlines,

Well, thank you. I clarified my statement above - I would still choose PAL over any Korean airlines, certain Chinese airlines, Malaysian, Indonesian airlines or many LCC's... People fly with those airlines for price or whatever reason, that is their choice. I have lived long enough by my own way of working with percentages...

Didn't KAL literally fly a 737 into the side of a mountain by busting an altitude on an approach? Talk about a rookie mistake, especially with all the resources available in that cockpit. Not like they were flying single pilot IFR in a Cherokee!

Edit - correction it was a 747!

6 August 1997 – Korean Air Flight 801 (Boeing 747-3B5) from Seoul to Agana, Guam, The crew attempted a night-time approach to Guam runway 06L. Flight 801 had descended 800 feet below the prescribed altitude, struck the 709 feet Nimitz Hill at a height of 650 feet and crashed in a jungle valley, breaking up and bursting into flames. Subsequent investigation found that the captain's failure to adequately brief and execute the non-precision approach and the first officer's and flight engineer's failure to effectively monitor and cross-check the captain's execution of the approach were directly responsible for the crash. It was the first fatal crash of the Boeing 747-300. Contributing factors were the captain's fatigue and Korean Air's inadequate flight crew training. (See article: Korean Air Flight 801) Dama

Edited by Monsoon
miles-high

At the moment my choice of airlines are: Delta, JAL, KLM, PAL and United (in alphabetical order) and that is all I need to use. My world does not extend beyond the areas not served by these airlines.

I am planning to take the safest airline in the world (?) Qantas next month, my first time and will see… :)

miles-high

Didn't KAL literally fly a 737 into the side of a mountain by busting an altitude on an approach? Talk about a rookie mistake, especially with all the resources available in that cockpit. Not like they were flying single pilot IFR in a Cherokee!

Probably you are referring to their 747 accident in Guam...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_incidents_and_accidents

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of either Philippine based airline.PAL is just the lesser of two evils. Cebu Pathetic is run by idiots and is a disaster waiting to happen. Unfortunately it is not a question of if, but when. Competency is not exactly rampant in the Philippijes.

CP is absolutely scary. And your comment about being run by idiots is spot on.  The entire airline is run by marketing that doesn't have a clue about airplanes or how an airline works.  The current CEO from Australia once said "Safety is a waste of money!".

It's only a matter of when, not if.

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

CP is absolutely scary. And your comment about being run by idiots is spot on.  The entire airline is run by marketing that doesn't have a clue about airplanes or how an airline works.  The current CEO from Australia once said "Safety is a waste of money!".

It's only a matter of when, not if.

Yea he has like a driving miss daisy title as well, "Chief Executive Consultant" or something.

I'm unfortunately all too familiar with the Garys of CP.

Yea he has like a driving miss daisy title as well, "Chief Executive Consultant" or something.

I'm unfortunately all too familiar with the Garys of CP.

His resume says it all.

I have rarely had a good experience on CP...but...their price is very hard to beat on any route they fly, sometimes substantially so.  Pay the fee roll the dice is how I see them.

I have been flying Air Canada for the past 4 trips and I'm very happy with them.  Maybe some day I will spring for the upgraded economy fare to see if it's worth twice the money...maybe.

Edited by Bill H