Philippine Airlines rocks!

Why anyone need a meal between MNL and CEBU is totally beyond my comprehension.

I made that trip last week. Man and woman sitting next to me had 2 coffees then paid with a p1000 bill.

• Like 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• Buko Beach

• Monsoon

• batman2525

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All my flights were thru them. Despite all the negative comments I had read, I totally disagree. The flight there from SF was fine, the meals decent, took 15 hrs. Landed at Term 1 and free shuttle too

When it's good, it's very, very good... but when it's bad it's horrid.

Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific in Economy class are much better\nicer options than PAL. Why anyone pays more $$$ to fly on PAL is beyond me. Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible t

Posted Images

I made that trip last week. Man and woman sitting next to me had 2 coffees then paid with a p1000 bill.

Ah, they recently hit the atm, must be flush w/ cash... 

Yeah food for a short trip ( <2 hrs) is really not necessary, at least for me.

But anything longer, and I might bring w/me Yellow Cab Pizza or similar :)

Edited by hitman
streak03

Ive never had a problem flying with them but the one thing id say is that i wish theyd upgrade their in flight entertainment.

Yep, I flew Dubai-Manila-Dubai with no inflight entertainment at all, except screaming kids, etc.

Sometimes I get screaming kids in-front and behind me,  kind of a stereo effect... yeah!! 

RedRanger

In  Dallas PAL doesn't fly from here.  Got to go to Las Vegas or Cali to catch a flight, I have always enjoyed them, but don't fly them anymore since I have to take third party flight to check luggage in Vegas or Cali., I went to LAX one time,  I hated the airport. SFO was very nice and good place.

I have been flying Delta from Dallas, Check luggage in Dallas and it arrives in Manila. Prices have been outstanding and no long layovers, Last ticket was $785 round trip, Average price is around $1050.

I have seen people bitch about PAL, I have flown them half dozen times, always enjoyed

miles-high

Why anyone need a meal between MNL and CEBU is totally beyond my comprehension.

It all depends… I was staying about 2.5 hours away (without any traffic, that is) from NAIA last night. I had to get up at 4am to catch the 11am flight to Cebu, had a glass of protein drink with chilled left-over coffee (put the coffee pot in the fridge overnight), was picked up by my driver at 5am, did some business correspondence in the car, arrived at NAIA 9:45am (heavy commuter traffic and construction congestion – I hate to be in NCR or Cebu City these days). So, it was an welcome change to have some hot meal/coffee while relaxing onboard. I must say, however, I only picked beef to eat and had a cup of coffee, didn’t touch other stuff… :D

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 1

But they have better coffee and meal in Manila airport! You wasted precious stomach space!

• Like 2

Ive never had a problem flying with them but the one thing id say is that i wish theyd upgrade their in flight entertainment.

I agree, but it's been 10 years since I flew with them. I figured the'd improve that by now. There was just two big screens for everyone to watch at the time and you had to watch whatever was on it. My wife took a trip to Cebu about 6 months ago. She took PAL going there but Asiana coming back. Although she's a Filipina she raved how much nicer Asiana was compared to PAL. It was also considerably less expensive than PAL! Edited by tomaw
  • Like 3
That Masked Man

I agree, but it's been 10 years since I flew with them. I figured the'd improve that by now. There was just two big screens for everyone to watch at the time and you had to watch whatever was on it. My wife took a trip to Cebu about 6 months ago. She took PAL going there but Asiana coming back. Although she's a Filipina she raved how much nicer Asiana was compared to PAL. It was also considerably less expensive than PAL!

I have heard good things about Asiana, also from Filipinos, but have never flown with them. Then again, the only flights I have had with PAL are domestic (Iloilo to Cebu and Cebu to Manila). I flew Tiger Air Philippines (now Cebgo) from Manila to Iloilo. PAL was much better.

Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific in Economy class are much better\nicer options than PAL. Why anyone pays more $$$ to fly on PAL is beyond me. Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible to have a 1.5 to 4 hour layover in say Hong Kong or Incheon? 

Edited by Agustin
  • Like 4
miles-high

Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific in Economy class are much better\nicer options than PAL. Why anyone pays more $$$ to fly on PAL is beyond me. Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible to have a 1.5 to 4 hour layover in say Hong Kong or Incheon?

Statistically, PAL hasn't experienced less fatal "pilot error" accidents, unlike their Korean counterparts which had historically too many "pilot error" accidents... So it is my choice but you may have different ideas/opinions... and it is up to you... :)

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 3
miles-high

I heard the business class meal offerings on the A321's have improved a lot.

OK PAL short-haul international inflight meal… They said they ran out of a few choices, yeah right there were only 4 passengers (out of 12 seats) ;) hence a Japanese appetizer, chicken cordon blue and miso soup… what a combination… It’s more fun in the Philippines! :D

1 (1).jpg

1 (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible to have a 1.5 to 4 hour layover in say Hong Kong or Incheon?

Certainly a direct flight is more desirable. For me anyway.

OK PAL short-haul international inflight meal… They said they ran out of a few choices, yeah right there were only 4 passengers (out of 12 seats) ;) hence a Japanese appetizer, chicken cordon blue and miso soup… what a combination… It’s more fun in the Philippines! :Dattachicon.gif1 (1).jpgattachicon.gif1 (2).jpg

Yea I've never had a decent meal in PAL business.

It Is an ongoing theme, the whole Filipino and food thing.

shadow

Statistically, PAL hasn't experienced any "pilot error" accident, unlike their Korean counterparts which had historically too many "pilot error" accidents... So it is my choice but you may have different ideas/opinions... and it is up to you... :)

Filipinos do NOT make errors!

• Like 3

Statistically, PAL hasn't experienced any "pilot error" accident, unlike their Korean counterparts which had historically too many "pilot error" accidents... So it is my choice but you may have different ideas/opinions... and it is up to you... :)

Only about 30 plus of their accidents were pilot error.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Philippine_Airlines_accidents_and_incidents

• Like 1