Philippine Airlines rocks!

no difference as long as they have free wine. A few glasses and you wouldn't remember anything bad!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• Buko Beach

• Monsoon

• batman2525

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All my flights were thru them. Despite all the negative comments I had read, I totally disagree. The flight there from SF was fine, the meals decent, took 15 hrs. Landed at Term 1 and free shuttle too

When it's good, it's very, very good... but when it's bad it's horrid.

Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific in Economy class are much better\nicer options than PAL. Why anyone pays more $$$ to fly on PAL is beyond me. Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible t

Posted Images

Still waiting for them to refund for double billing me for flights 4 years ago.

Why did you not contest it with your credit card company? 

That Masked Man

i agree with your assesment my experience with philippine airlines also has been excellent. they are way ahead of cebu pathetic no comparison

ive only used them for domestic though.

Same here. I took several domestic flights with them and had no trouble at all. The last time I flew to the Philippines was before they resumed their flights to JFK. If it saves me enough money I may take them next time. I will have to see.

batman2525

PAL flies direct MNL-LHR, there's no layover

I said I was flying to Cebu....

Buko Beach

I said I was flying to Cebu....

Here is what you posted...

Ive been considering using PAL to fly from London Heathrow(Worlds busiest International Airport) to Cebu,their Plane configuration is 3 -4 -3 and they really cram you in like Sardines...very little leg room,only in- flight entertainment is a mini IPad...that is sometimes given out 5 hours into the 15 hour flight with dead battery,Im told the food is not very good and not very frequent.....only good thing about flying PAL from Heathrow to Manila is the fact that the layover is less than 2 hours....however there is a 24 hour layover on the return leg....go figure.

The PAL flight from Manila - LHR is PR 720, it departs NAIA at 12:45pm, which means if you're flying in from Cebu on a connecting flight you can choose from three early morning departures (4:50am-6:55am-8:55am) to make the PAL flight to LHR. How you get a 24 hr layover in Manila is beyond me unless you prefer to over-night in Manila, which is fine, but IMO you can't call it a PAL scheduled layover.

Go and read what you posted.  I stand by my comments.     

Buko Beach

I suppose their A340’s are the problem in that the airplanes are old, worn out (said to be ex-Iberia), not enough iPads to go around*, etc. All they need is retrofit the interior…

True, the average age of the PAL A340's is 15years and they desperately need a retro-fit. They are well-worn, with stained carpets, broken seats and zero IVOD with only a drop down central TV, which IMO is not good enough on routes when the competition flies B787 dreamliners.

I also seriously doubt PAL would (nor should they) pay to upgrade the A340 fleet, they would never recoup the investment when it comes to resale value of a retro-fitted vs non retro-fitted older A340. If JJB would just commit and order a premium long-haul substitute (B787 or A350-9) instead of thinking the issue to death while other orders are placed. Once he pulls the trigger on an order PAL can plan for exactly how long they will require the older A340's to stay in service. With current build-out times in the 2017-2019 range depending on the model, any more time spent thinking will place PAL in a difficult situation versus other long-haul offerings.

By the time PAL takes possession of any new long-haul product, there will be a glut of older wet-leased B777 coming on the secondary market, which means a 20yr old A340 will not be worth very much.

Also, they are one of the few airlines which do not offer flat 180° seats (business and above)…

I think the newer PAL A330 tri-class offer the 180 degree seats in business class, but again not 100% sure as I am yet to fly on one. (not to be confused with the A330 dual class POS with zero AVOD-IFE).

Their newer A321’s are much nicer… although the seat pitch is yet to be desired even in their business class cabin… I will be flying 5 segments on their A321’s during the next 10 days, all short-distance international flights except MNL-CEB...

Already flown 1 segment, the captain of which was a Filipina! I guess she is one of 34 PAL female pilots…

She must be a good pilot – unlike some of female and/or minority pilots who upgraded through the “quota system” mandated by certain Western civilization/first world airlines… :D

Very cool. I have yet to fly on one of the newer A321's with leather seats in business. I always try to book business class MNL-CEB if there's a suitable offering, but I have been unlucky when it comes to the aircraft type and have been stuck on the PAL A330 dual-class tin can or older A320-321's recently. Can you post your thoughts? Does the newer leather seats have AVOD, and do they recline fully? I heard the business class meal offerings on the A321's have improved a lot.

Thanks.

batman2525

How you get a 24 hr layover in Manila is beyond me unless you prefer to over-night in Manila, which is fine, but IMO you can't call it a PAL scheduled layover.

Try going to their website to buy a ticket from Heathrow to Cebu round trip...you will see what the layover time is on the return leg.

Buko Beach

Try going to their website to buy a ticket from Heathrow to Cebu round trip...you will see what the layover time is on the return leg.

OK, here you go I picked a random day in March and cropped out the inbound LHR-MNL-CEB flight options for clairity...

post-13943-0-40312700-1454451269_thumb.png

Where's the 24hr layover? Everything looks pretty smooth to me.

• Like 1
batman2525

Where's the 24hr layover? Everything looks pretty smooth to me.

Its changed....last week the Flight from Cebu to Manila showed a flight time of 1 hr 15 mins...but the flight from Manila to Heathrow showed a 24 hour layover.If it had shown what its showing now I may have bought a ticket...but not for £838 on an Airline that sucks...

In the last 6 years I have booked maybe 16-20 ?  Cebu Pacific domestic flights. Only one was delayed.  None were cancelled

We must be lucky, as my experiences on domestic/international with CP have been very similar.

Between Christmas and New Year 5 of us flew return from Manila to Sydney  for the whopping fare of 120,000php. The nearest price at the time was PAL at 250,000php. The in-flight entertainment is non existent and the seats are not very comfy but the 130,000php saved allowed us to spend 10,000php more per night on hotels. A few hours of slight discomfort over 12 nights in a nicer hotel was well worth it in my opinion.  

Edited by maximian
  • Like 2
miles-high

I have yet to fly on one of the newer A321's with leather seats in business. I always try to book business class MNL-CEB if there's a suitable offering... Can you post your thoughts? Does the newer leather seats have AVOD, and do they recline fully? I heard the business class meal offerings on the A321's have improved a lot.

Not that good... ;)

IMG_20160203_1044578.jpg

IMG_20160203_1045045.jpg

Legroom... Should get one of the row 1 seats, a little more legroom...

IMG_20160203_1045357.jpg

This is how much it reclines... Not much...

IMG_20160203_1154415.jpg

Space with the table extended...

IMG_20160203_1217494.jpg

The seats are manually controlled...

IMG_20160203_1212080.jpg

IMG_20160203_1159018.jpg

They said it's beef Bourgogne... Looks (and tasted) like pancit canton to me...

(Served between MNL and CEB)

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 3
shadow

Not that good... ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1044578.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1045045.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1045357.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1154415.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1217494.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1212080.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1159018.jpg

Why anyone need a meal between MNL and CEBU is totally beyond my comprehension.

• Like 3

Screenshot for 2 days (jan 2016) of my email showing 4 cancelled Cebu Pacific flights. Green marked.

They call it a 'schedule change advisory'.

I have another email acct for the same january 2016 which has additional cancelled flights but Im too lazy to upload it... 

Anyway you get the idea. 

post-17626-0-02085100-1454491753_thumb.png

Edited by hitman

Not that good... ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1044578.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1045045.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1045357.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1154415.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1217494.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1212080.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160203_1159018.jpg

'beef bourgogne'.....ah don't be a kj, use your imagination :)