Philippine Airlines rocks!

All my flights were thru them. Despite all the negative comments I had read, I totally disagree. The flight there from SF was fine, the meals decent, took 15 hrs. Landed at Term 1 and free shuttle took me to Term 2. My trip to Davao was also fine. Immigration and customs were done in 15 min, no lines at all at 0330! My luggage went from SF to Davao, no issue with anything. On the way home, the 777 flight was cancelled and the airline gave me free room in Manilla at a 4-star hotel with free food and shuttle. The shuttle dropped us off at Term 2 and we went through easily. Term 2 has free computers to use, which was great because my cell was dead. The new flight was the next day on a triple seven, great plane with in seat screens and free wifi and movies. The meals were great and seating spacious even in  economy. My luggage was checked in at Cebu and arrived in SF 10 hours later. I thought for sure it would get lost. There is nothing wrong with Philippine airlines, IMO.

• Like 9
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miles-high

• Buko Beach

• Monsoon

• batman2525

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All my flights were thru them. Despite all the negative comments I had read, I totally disagree. The flight there from SF was fine, the meals decent, took 15 hrs. Landed at Term 1 and free shuttle too

When it's good, it's very, very good... but when it's bad it's horrid.

Asiana, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific in Economy class are much better\nicer options than PAL. Why anyone pays more $$$ to fly on PAL is beyond me. Flying from LAX to Manila, is it really that horrible t

Posted Images

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

"Philippine Airlines rocks"

Indeed, they rock the bottom of customer satisfaction ratings, time and time again. 

But through perseverance they somehow come out slightly on top of Cebu Pacific. 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 3

All my flights were thru them. Despite all the negative comments I had read, I totally disagree. The flight there from SF was fine, the meals decent, took 15 hrs. Landed at Term 1 and free shuttle took me to Term 2. My trip to Davao was also fine. Immigration and customs were done in 15 min, no lines at all at 0330! My luggage went from SF to Davao, no issue with anything. On the way home, the 777 flight was cancelled and the airline gave me free room in Manilla at a 4-star hotel with free food and shuttle. The shuttle dropped us off at Term 2 and we went through easily. Term 2 has free computers to use, which was great because my cell was dead. The new flight was the next day on a triple seven, great plane with in seat screens and free wifi and movies. The meals were great and seating spacious even in  economy. My luggage was checked in at Cebu and arrived in SF 10 hours later. I thought for sure it would get lost. There is nothing wrong with Philippine airlines, IMO.

Ive never had a problem flying with them but the one thing id say is that i wish theyd upgrade their in flight entertainment.

i agree with your assesment my experience with philippine airlines also has been excellent. they are way ahead of cebu pathetic no comparison

ive only used them for domestic though.

Edited by billy
  • Like 2
batman2525

Ive been considering using PAL to fly from London Heathrow(Worlds busiest International Airport) to Cebu,their Plane configuration is 3 -4 -3 and they really cram you in like Sardines...very little leg room,only in- flight entertainment is a mini IPad...that is sometimes given out 5 hours into the 15 hour flight with dead battery,Im told the food is not very good and not very frequent.....only good thing about flying PAL  from Heathrow to Manila is the fact that the layover is less than 2 hours....however there is a 24 hour layover on the return leg....go figure.

On the way home, the 777 flight was cancelled

Typical.......

Philippine Airlines rocks!

I wish............

shadow

Still waiting for them to refund for double billing me for flights 4 years ago.

In the past 3months, I'd booked 6 different flights domestically with Cebu Pathetic. About 2 weeks prior to departure, each one of them waS cancelled and re-scheduled for a different time.

On top of that, every one of them was delayed 1-5 hours for departure.

Now, my expectations are very low, I expect delays, re scheduling.

Yes, its more fun in the RP. :)

• Like 1
smokey

i gave up on domistic i hate sitting at the airport and now relax taking the Boat

• Like 3
Davaoeno

I have never had to change terminals when coming from Vancouver on my way to Davao .

I see why you had to :

PAL SFO-MNL flights to arrive in NAIA Terminal 1

All Philippine Airlines San Francisco-Manila flights arriving from December 8, 2015 to March 24, 2016 will be utilizing Terminal 1 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) as the 'airport of arrival'.

The SFO-MNL flights arriving at NAIA T1 during this period are PR105 and PR115. Passengers of other international flights will disembark in terminal 2.

Utilizing Terminals 1 and 2 for arriving US flights will mitigate the effects of peak travel period.

PAL will provide passengers of these flights (PR105/ 115) information on their new terminal assignment by way of email notification, airport advisories and on-board announcements.

Upon arrival in NAIA T1, airport ground staff will meet passengers with connecting flights (in T2 and T3)upon disembarkation and guide them through arrival area (immigration/carousel, customs) until the transfer area where the shuttle buses are situated.

There will be specific shuttle buses for terminal 2 and 3. Airport staff will be onboard the buses to assist passengers en route to the other terminals for their domestic or international connections.

Terminals at NAIA Airport

There are 4 terminals:

Terminal 1: NAIA Terminal - International flights except Philippine AirlinesPAL ExpressCebu PacificAirAsia ZestTigerair PhilippinesAll Nippon AirwaysCathay PacificDelta Air LinesKLMEmirates, and Singapore Airlines
- Terminal 2: Centennial Terminal - All Philippine Airlines flights only, and it is divided into two wings: North wing for International Flights, South wing for Domestic Flights.
Terminal 3: NAIA International Terminal - International flights not served at Terminal 1. Is the newest and biggest terminal.
Domestic Terminal - All domestic flights other than Philippine Airlines
A new terminal is currently in design stage for the budget airlines

In the past 3months, I'd booked 6 different flights domestically with Cebu Pathetic. About 2 weeks prior to departure, each one of them waS cancelled and re-scheduled for a different time.

On top of that, every one of them was delayed 1-5 hours for departure.

Now, my expectations are very low, I expect delays, re scheduling.

Yes, its more fun in the RP. :)

In the last 6 years I have booked maybe 16-20 ?  Cebu Pacific domestic flights. Only one was delayed.  None were cancelled

• Like 3
colemanlee

In the last 6 years I have booked maybe 16-20 ?  Cebu Pacific domestic flights. Only one was delayed.  None were cancelled

I guess its the luck of the draw....in five years, we have never flown a Cebu Pacific flight out of Tacloban that was not delayed....switched to PAL, which does cost a little more, and the only time we were delayed was due to air congestion in Manila and center would not let them take off...

Davaoeno

I guess its the luck of the draw

And all my flights were out of Davao, Cebu or Manila,  Palawan., Caticlan or Kalibo .  Never Tacloban

• Like 1
Buko Beach

Ive been considering using PAL to fly from London Heathrow(Worlds busiest International Airport)

Not true. Atlanta (USA) is the World's busiest airport by passenger traffic numbers. O'Hare is the World's busiest airport in terms of flight movements. If you just take into account true International passenger movement, Dubai topped LHR in 2014 and held the title for 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_world's_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_world's_busiest_airports_by_aircraft_movements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_world's_busiest_airports_by_international_passenger_traffic

their Plane configuration is 3 -4 -3

PAL uses their fleet of older A340's on the MNL-LHR route. They have a 2-4-2 layout in economy. On occasion (roughly 10% of all flights) PAL will insert a B777 with 3-4-3 economy layout.

and they really cram you in like Sardines...very little leg room,only in- flight entertainment is a mini IPad...that is sometimes given out 5 hours into the 15 hour flight with dead battery,

PAL offers Ipad rental as an IFE option on the A330 dual class layout. PAL does not utilize the A330 on the MNL-LHR route.

Im told the food is not very good and not very frequent.....only good thing about flying PAL  from Heathrow to Manila is the fact that the layover is less than 2 hours....however there is a 24 hour layover on the return leg....go figure.

PAL flies direct MNL-LHR, there's no layover. However the inbound LHR-MNL flight arrives NAIA AT 8:05pm, so if you have an onward flight you might have to spend the night in Manila.

I didn't fly PAL for a few years now since they are higher priced than other airlines on the routes I am flying. Legroom has always been an issue. Compare them to Korean airlines and China airlines and you know. I like their non stop flights and the lounges they have in Manila. It always drives me crazy when they turn on the lights over 2 hours before arrival and tell you to "freshen up". What is the standard of their onboard entertainment these days? Also, Mabuhay miles sucks since they never have the flights I am looking for and charge you full taxes on the flights. Still get the flight cheaper with CP domestic. How is that these days? Same old?

miles-high

I suppose their A340’s are the problem in that the airplanes are old, worn out (said to be ex-Iberia), not enough iPads to go around*, etc. All they need is retrofit the interior… Also, they are one of the few airlines which do not offer flat 180° seats (business and above)…

Their newer A321’s are much nicer… although the seat pitch is yet to be desired even in their business class cabin… I will be flying 5 segments on their A321’s during the next 10 days, all short-distance international flights except MNL-CEB...

Already flown 1 segment, the captain of which was a Filipina! I guess she is one of 34 PAL female pilots…

She must be a good pilot – unlike some of female and/or minority pilots who upgraded through the “quota system” mandated by certain Western civilization/first world airlines… :D

* Still better than United, you would need to BYOiPad on most United flights... :D

• Like 1