Video of what you worked on or did in the military

Headshot

Yeah the KC-10s are still flying. Getting harder for them to find "new" parts because the civilian sector retired the DC-10 a few years back. Anyways, no new parts is like saying welcome to the real Air Force. Didn't realize how good we actually had it on the plane.... Gucci Boys

The KC-135 is still flying (a lot of them), and they are a hell of a lot older than the KC-10. If there is a demand, somebody will continue to make parts. Some parts can be scavenged from retired civilian aircraft, but because the military versions had to meet higher criteria than their civilian counterparts, there are a lot of bits that just can't be scavenged from civilian aircraft.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonnyBravo

• Mr. Mike

• SkyMan

• colemanlee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only the bravest of the brave would fly them after our crew got done fixing/doing maintenance on its engines ... lol. Also worked on Mohawks, Chinooks, Skyhooks, and Kiowas.  

Most of my enlisted career I worked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6Uvxa_Htw Most of my commissioned career I worked in a large building with no windows.

Can you find on youtube what you worked on or did in the military? Show some pride. I have a few that I found. The first for me was the KC-10. AMC was awesome! Anyways on with the show.      

Posted Images

JonnyBravo

The KC-135 is still flying (a lot of them), and they are a hell of a lot older than the KC-10. If there is a demand, somebody will continue to make parts. Some parts can be scavenged from retired civilian aircraft, but because the military versions had to meet higher criteria than their civilian counterparts, there are a lot of bits that just can't be scavenged from civilian aircraft.

True. But here's the difference. for a KC-10 I could walk into COMBS or Base Supply and get a brand new part for whatever either same day or within 3 days if it needed to be shipped. Possibly 1 day if it's MICAP. Now when they order stuff its refurbished and/or they don't have it. When they order the part they generate a demand on supply then they have to find a contractor to make the part. You're looking at 6 months minimum and about 1 year on average for a part. Most of the DC-10's I assume have been sold to 3rd world countries, so there isn't a huge stock pile of planes sitting around to scrap parts off of. Now take the B-52 or KC-135 for example. If you need a part you can possibly call Davis Monthan and have them CANN a part. However, that's not normally the route we take. We go threw the process of getting contractors and making the part.

Edited by JonnyBravo

I don't have any specific videos to show just a few pics.

I'm a navy corpsman my job was to fix people when they are broke

You, SeeBees, and civilians - only ones we were told to never feck with.  Thanks from another "I forgot to duck"

Was trained to repair missile guidance systems on A-4s. (Millington)

Worked on only one plane after school (Cherry Point) Still remember unit MCCRTG 20 (Marine Corps Combat Readiness Training Group)

Vietnam  Chu Lai  - VMA 211 - wound up first in S-3 (operations)  too many Tweaks in Chu Lai -  then S-2 (intelligence = oxymoron) got into field occasionally,  but had to pay Army (Americal Division) to go on regular patrols - glad I did not but overly bright - that's why the tanks to Doc.

Then HMS 32 - Beaufort S.C. and almost 11 months as a resident of the Navy hospital near there

post-15177-0-81952900-1454435193_thumb.jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1