Video of what you worked on or did in the military

Soupeod

eight bottles= additional 8000lbs of thrust....interesting side note...all the stuff we shot was from the Vietnam era..mostly 60's manufacture..the reason they quit doing it at airshows is they ran out of bottles...they dont make it anymore...last shot was a couple of years ago I think..but not sure....the new J model 130's get the same performance without the bottles

Nice, I didn't realize that..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonnyBravo

• Mr. Mike

• Soupeod

• NOSOCALPINOY

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only the bravest of the brave would fly them after our crew got done fixing/doing maintenance on its engines ... lol. Also worked on Mohawks, Chinooks, Skyhooks, and Kiowas.  

Most of my enlisted career I worked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6Uvxa_Htw Most of my commissioned career I worked in a large building with no windows.

Can you find on youtube what you worked on or did in the military? Show some pride. I have a few that I found. The first for me was the KC-10. AMC was awesome! Anyways on with the show.      

Posted Images

contraman

Videos of Military service ?

Hell, we weren't even allowed camera's :idontknow:

• Like 2

Heavy artillery.... have to load a few videos to display different weapons. Instead of loading them all here. other combat weaponry consisted of

GPMG 7.62 Machine gun/ 9mm Browning handgun/ 9mm SMG Sub machine gun/ 8 and also 10 inch Howitzer plat forms/ grenades, many types of

Mines, many types, 7.62mm rifle/ Law- light anti tank/ Maw- medium anti-tank weapon/ Carl Gustav anti-tank / Tow missiles and other courses related

to Combat soldiering. Combined with some Policing duties and experience. Flown in Herc's, Chinook's and Kiwi's. Drivir of of M113/ M548/ M109A1/

I0-inch platform/ Duece quarter ton/ half ton/ 5 ton// Also choose to leave some info out. Locations in videos are not to reflect actual areas of operation,

Edited by DWC
NOSOCALPINOY

Proud to have worked on these two cargo jet aircrafts, the C-141 and C-5,

12 yrs active duty and 18y yrs Civil Service/USAFR from 1967 to 1997.

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
JonnyBravo

Proud to have worked on these two cargo jet aircrafts, the C-141 and C-5,

12 yrs active duty and 18y yrs Civil Service/USAFR from 1967 to 1997.

You weren't stationed at Travis AFB by chance? On the C-5's they swapped their engines out to the CF6-50C2's (KC-10 Engine). So now the purr like a kitten instead of sounding like a gang of gorillas getting raped. Big Jet for sure!

Edited by JonnyBravo
NOSOCALPINOY

You weren't stationed at Travis AFB by chance? On the C-5's they swapped their engines out to the CF6-50C2's (KC-10 Engine). So now the purr like a kitten instead of sounding like a gang of gorillas getting raped. Big Jet for sure!

Within my first 12 yrs of active duty, I was stationed first at Travis AFB in 1967 for about a year right after basic training and Technical School, then overseas at Clark AB in 1968 for 4 yrs and returned stateside at other bases until I got out of active duty and transitioned into the Air Reserve Technician (ART) Program at Travis AFB with my last 18 yrs straight as a C-5 aircraft technician/Civil Service/USAF Reserves employee with the C-5 Organizational Maintenance Squadron until I retired in 1997 with 30 yrs of service, combined 12 yrs active duty with my 18 yrs with Civil Service/USAF Reserves unit as an Air Reserve Technician (ART).

The swap over to the CF6-50C2 KC-10 Engines was after my time.  

JonnyBravo

Within my first 12 yrs of active duty, I was stationed first at Travis AFB in 1967 for about a year right after basic training and Technical School, then overseas at Clark AB in 1968 for 4 yrs and returned stateside at other bases until I got out of active duty and transitioned into the Air Reserve Technician (ART) Program at Travis AFB with my last 18 yrs straight as a C-5 aircraft technician/Civil Service/USAF Reserves employee with the C-5 Organizational Maintenance Squadron until I retired in 1997 with 30 yrs of service, combined 12 yrs active duty with my 18 yrs with Civil Service/USAF Reserves unit as an Air Reserve Technician (ART).

The swap over to the CF6-50C2 KC-10 Engines was after my time.  

July 1997 is when I got to Travis to work on the KC-10's. We received some ARTs from when the C-141 decommissioned and also got some from the C-5's in the shuffle. 

Let me see... Enlisted in 1982, Officer 1992 went to (Korea, Germany, Afghanistan, Iraq)  all I can say is JUST 5 more years to MRD and will be 57.  I guess I took that oath to "Never give up" too seriously :)  Good times and Bad times... that is how you KNOW you LIVED!!!

Blessings to my Brothers & Sisters whom served.

• Like 1
RogerDat

The C 5 at Dover could change the local weather if 6 were cranked to half power. Blew rocks 1/2 mile away to a trailer park.

Are the KC10 still flying?

I do NOT like heights, so that dam T tail crawl out on the bullet was a sweat soaked. The tail stand had a section of mesh that had 1 bolt in each section, and I refused to go up it. Preferred to climb the ladder inside.

I don't have any specific videos to show just a few pics.

I'm a navy corpsman my job was to fix people when they are broke

post-17545-0-10717300-1454408603_thumb.jpg

post-17545-0-34117400-1454408617_thumb.jpg

post-17545-0-53893400-1454408627_thumb.jpg

post-17545-0-61860300-1454408977_thumb.jpg

SkyMan

What's like working in a mountain? I remember at one point you could tour it then that all went away with the heightened security. Was it busy? Was it slow? Kinda like a military stock market exchange? 

Well, I worked there for over 8 years.  Tight security of course.  We worked what was called the NORAD schedule most of my time there.  2 swings, 2 mids, 2 days, and then 3 off.  Always kind of half awake.  The job itself was mostly sit around and do nothing and touch nothing but when the SHTF you had to be expert on everything with zero error.  Very easy to get fired from there.  The one thing you were allowed to do on duty to pass the time was study college courses.  So when I finally got off my arse to go to school I was able to carry a full load.  When I applied for OTS I had a recommendation from CINC NORAD and was selected even though I was medically DQed.

• Like 1

I don't have any specific videos to show just a few pics.

I'm a navy corpsman my job was to fix people when they are broke

Semper Fi from a fixee

• Like 1
JonnyBravo

The C 5 at Dover could change the local weather if 6 were cranked to half power. Blew rocks 1/2 mile away to a trailer park.

Are the KC10 still flying?

I do NOT like heights, so that dam T tail crawl out on the bullet was a sweat soaked. The tail stand had a section of mesh that had 1 bolt in each section, and I refused to go up it. Preferred to climb the ladder inside.

Yeah the KC-10s are still flying. Getting harder for them to find "new" parts because the civilian sector retired the DC-10 a few years back. Anyways, no new parts is like saying welcome to the real Air Force. Didn't realize how good we actually had it on the plane.... Gucci Boys