Customs Dept involvement in LBC less-than-jumbo balikbayan bx?

questsea73

I am wondering if in a LBC shipment from USA of a size less than the jumbo size box whether Philippines Customs Dept. is unlikely to open the small box or large package for inspection and assessment of customs/vat/processing/misc fees.

My involvement with 1 shipment 2 years ago of the large(jumbo) size boxes was not opened in its voyage from USA to Davao.

Another office I considered later using in California, did not even offer that jumbo size box...only smaller boxes and envelopes.

My Questions:

(A.  INCOMING:  Have any of you had 2015 year recent experience with such smaller size shipments? Were the shipments opened, inspected, assessed charges due?

B.  OUTGOING:  On a different note have any of you used LBC here in Philippines to send important envelopes...such as initial application fiancee visa paperwork to USA Immigration  in USA?  If so, your experience on transit time?

Ken

I've gotten large, medium, and air express boxes sent to me here and none were ever opened.

I've sent two mail pouch type things to the US. First time was rather painless but last time they insisted on examining the contents and perusing every page. If I recall both made it to the US in 5 -7 days

RogerDat

Are U talking door to door, Like balakvbyan , or LBC shipping?

balakbyan are not inspected, but regular LBC is charged by customs.

Mikala

I received 16 balikbayan boxes a week or so ago. Other than them being waterlogged and damaged, there was no sign that any of them were opened or disturbed.

Wolfpack

I received 16 balikbayan boxes a week or so ago. Other than them being waterlogged and damaged, there was no sign that any of them were opened or disturbed.

geez, 16 boxes?

what in the world could you be sending in 16 boxes?

I would experience a S.W.A.T. team raid on my house if I rec'd 16 boxes!!!

Mikala

geez, 16 boxes?

what in the world could you be sending in 16 boxes?

I would experience a S.W.A.T. team raid on my house if I rec'd 16 boxes!!!

Used household goods. Exactly what they're intended for. :)

• Like 1
Davaoeno

there was no sign that any of them were opened or disturbed

Of course- nobody wants wet damaged goods !! 

• Like 1
colemanlee

what in the world could you be sending in 16 boxes

When I moved here, I sent over forty of the largest size boxes...at the time cost something like 120 usd per box...ALL of them arrived in relatively good shape including a couple that weighed in excess of 200lb (tools) and the ones with computer and accessories... 

Wolfpack

When I moved here, I sent over forty of the largest size boxes...at the time cost something like 120 usd per box...ALL of them arrived in relatively good shape including a couple that weighed in excess of 200lb (tools) and the ones with computer and accessories... 

I have trouble coming up with ideas to ship ONE box...can't imagine stuffing 40 boxes...

smokey

I did 26 jumbo boxes and a 55 inch TV all arrived thru StarKargo Arizona