Foreigner, wife and child murdered in Palawan during robbery

Biz partner eyed in Frenchman’s slay

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/762436/biz-partner-eyed-in-frenchmans-slay

A new suspect and motive?  The story gets more confusing every time i read an article. Why would a guy who was supposedly protecting the reefs in Palawan, own a share in a haulage company involved in mining.

Anyway, i hope the murders are caught and justice served.

PUERTO PRINCESA CITY—Police have started a manhunt for a business partner of a French-Italian expatriate found dead with his Filipino wife and 4-year-old son in Narra town in Palawan province last month.

A source in the intelligence community in the province, who asked not to be identified for lack of authority to speak to reporters, told Inquirer that investigators have narrowed down the investigation to a business partner of Jean Marc Messina. The source, however, declined to identify the suspect, who is also based in Palawan, while lawmen are pursuing him.

The source said the killing may be related to a failed business transaction between the victim and his partner.

“He (Messina) was apparently double-crossed by his partner in a trucking business,” said the source.

The victim and his partner were reportedly engaged in the trucking business for a mining company operating in Quezon town.

Investigators said they had looked at other possible angles to establish the motive in Messina’s killing, including the foreigner’s brushes with illegal fishers on Batas Island in Taytay town, where he has a parcel of land.

Business transaction

“We could not find any link to his supposed fight with illegal fishers in Taytay. We have narrowed down the investigation to his business transactions and we would like to get the suspect for questioning,” the source said.

Messina, his wife Jewel and their son Gio were abandoned by their killers inside their pickup truck, which was parked by the roadside in the southern town of Narra.

Residents there found the bodies, already in an advanced stage of decomposition, on Jan. 29, leading investigators to believe that they were killed at least three days before they were found. Redempto Anda, Inquirer Southern Luzon

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• diverdon

• smokey

• JohnD

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, do you business in the lobby of your bank. Meet there withdraw the money and pay them there. Cameras and security guards, notary and safety deposit boxes makes it easy and your not carrying arou

Without knowing all the facts the whole thing reeks of tragic stupidity , they will kill you for 10k Pesos let alone 5 Million ,   Sounds like a fundamental breakdown in common sense that cost him h

These people? Which people are you talking about? If you get stupid, and carry large amounts of cash around (especially if you tell others), you will likely come to no good...regardless of where you a

quit_yume

i havn't read every post so i apologize if someone already said this.  The fact that the kid was killed might mean that the kid could easily identify the suspect.   Strangers would not have needed to kill the kid because he probably couldn't easily identify them.  But if the suspect was well known to the kid then he would have felt compelled to eliminate that witness as well.  I can envision the driver being called tio by the kid.

Irenicus

Only a true psychopath could kill a kid. Pure scum.

• Like 4
Mandingo

A quote from Pulp Fiction pretty much sums up what I'd do these two......

"Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch."

• Like 3
JonnyBravo

A quote from Pulp Fiction pretty much sums up what I'd do these two......

"Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch."

• Like 1

On a more constructive note, perhaps there are some useful lessons to be learned here for others... about some things that may be wise NOT to do in the Philippines ... like...

- enter into business partnership with locals

- argue with fishermen over their methods

- lend big amounts of money

- Travel with millions in cash

- etc ...

• Like 1
smokey

On a more constructive note, perhaps there are some useful lessons to be learned here for others... about some things that may be wise NOT to do in the Philippines ... like...

- enter into business partnership with locals

- argue with fishermen over their methods

- lend big amounts of money

- Travel with millions in cash

- etc ...

your forgot make eye contact..... touch a person on the head..... say no ..... wear any cloths that cost over 500 peso ....expect drivers to use headlights,, taillights or turn signals .. did i miss any oh yes and most of all enjoy your stay

• Like 2
RedRanger

I have been to Palawan a few times, nice place, Probably my most favorite place in Philippines, just a lot of natural beauty there.

The guy having that much cash on him probably made him a large and easy target.

RIP